tire shopping

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
Last year i put a set of Shinko 009 Ravens on my FZ and rode them 12,800mi stopping a few times for my CBR 1K riding buddy catch up :BLAA:. I entered every (dry) corner with confidence in grip. Of course I did slow down in the wet but not a whole lot and never felt a slip. Until I push the front end or over power the rear, I have no reason to switch brands....I just put a new pair on last weekend.:thumbup:

And BTW Shinko = Yokahama :D

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Wear lines! lol that is a new one...this thread may go viral; I just saw it posted on another forum!

J/k and good luck...sport touring is your best bet.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Iran's got a new missile. It's coming for you.

19_8607030607_l600.jpg

Johnstrat1927

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone here tried the new Nankang Rodiac sport touring tires?

The tires are multi-compound tires.

I have a set on and they seem to be quite good.

But I'd like to hear opinions first before I start pushing them.

D

Dave.TX

Hmmm, never heard of Nankang. Apparently they've been around since 1940. Either made in China or Taiwan. Not sure when they started making MC tires but being they only have one model/option to choose from must be pretty recent.

I just stuck a Bridgestone BT-023 sport-touring tire on the back of mine. After about 250 miles I like it. Rode in a little rain last weekend too which I normally don't like to do.

As far as which to put on there if you're an average rider (which is about 90% of us) then any sport-touring tire will do you well. Racing, go for a racing or performance tire.