Tire Blowout Tonight

Nzero

Reaction score
Visit site
In-between some rain showers today it got nice enough to get my bike out. After a couple miles of riding I had the rear tire blow out on me while I was going 50mph. This was the first blowout I've ever had a bike and it caught by surprise. I managed to keep it upright a stop. so I was pretty happy with my self. Being only a couple miles from home I was able to limp it back. I figured I would share that with you all.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I managed to keep it upright a stop. so I was pretty happy with my self. Being only a couple miles from home I was able to limp it back.

Glad you made it home safe.:thumbup: Valuable lesson learned about your bike.:rockon:

Was it a huge loss of control, or just a funny feel about the bike?:confused:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
In-between some rain showers today it got nice enough to get my bike out. After a couple miles of riding I had the rear tire blow out on me while I was going 50mph. This was the first blowout I've ever had a bike and it caught by surprise. I managed to keep it upright a stop. so I was pretty happy with my self. Being only a couple miles from home I was able to limp it back. I figured I would share that with you all.

Any picture or video you could shoot?

Glad you are ok btw and nice job saving the bike.

Last edited:

Nzero

Reaction score
Visit site
The rear end just got sloppy until I got it under 15mph but nothing crazy. the deflated tire held up good enough to creep it home without doing any damage to rim (at least none that I can see). I just put it up on the trailer and came inside when I got home, So no pics right now. There is about a 1/4in hole/cut in the tire.