Thought I was getting a deal. Looks like I'm the sucker!!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Brakes: if bleeding them does not correct the firmness, you may need to dig deeper and verify the alignment of the caliper to the rotor. If its is off, well, just confirm the rotor is not being pulled off center. That could cause squishy lever action.

As suggested, i would pull the nose completely apart and verify eveything.

Naked Stella

Reaction score
Visit site
If youre anywhere close to the southside of ATL I am more then happy to take a look at it and clear up or at least give some light on Frankenstein there. (my gf has a gsxr and my FZ6 so I have both to compare parts too :spank:
and if you need I have almost any tool ever needed to work on anything lol

(according to the Snapon guy that did my inventory this year I have more in my box then some people have equity in their homes) :ban::D:eek::spank::spank::spank::spank:

I'm originally from McDonough but live in Valdosta. I'm in McDonough now but don't have the bike. Kind of wish I knew someone as nice as you that lived closer to me. I talked to a local shop but they are wanting $200+ to really look at it.

Naked Stella

Reaction score
Visit site
Brakes: if bleeding them does not correct the firmness, you may need to dig deeper and verify the alignment of the caliper to the rotor. If its is off, well, just confirm the rotor is not being pulled off center. That could cause squishy lever action.

As suggested, i would pull the nose completely apart and verify eveything.

Yeah I think there is just a massive amount of air in the lines. The little cup of brake fluid doesn't have much in it.

Question: Is there supposed to be a little rubber liner inside the little cup? If so is it supposed to be on top of the brake fluid or hold the brake fluid?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I'd sell it. The bike has been down and slid into something, hence the new frontend. The seller was not forthcoming with you and you've only scratched the surface on the bike. Yes you can fix the odds and ends but by the time you do that you could get a nice clean stock FZ6.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I think there is just a massive amount of air in the lines. The little cup of brake fluid doesn't have much in it.

Question: Is there supposed to be a little rubber liner inside the little cup? If so is it supposed to be on top of the brake fluid or hold the brake fluid?
Your brake system is almost out of fluid. Pull the rudder thing out, it folds back up on itself, and add fluid.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I'd sell it. The bike has been down and slid into something, hence the new frontend. The seller was not forthcoming with you and you've only scratched the surface on the bike. Yes you can fix the odds and ends but by the time you do that you could get a nice clean stock FZ6.

+1 above^^^.

Unless your very mechanically inclined and do a VERY INTENSIVE INSPECTION for frame damage (I'd put money that it was wrecked hard), your going to have your hands full in any case...

Folks don't do Suzuki forks on the FZ, they do R6 forks....

Someone didn't take care of the bike and did a very half a$$ed fix...

Naked Stella

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 above^^^.

Unless your very mechanically inclined and do a VERY INTENSIVE INSPECTION for frame damage (I'd put money that it was wrecked hard), your going to have your hands full in any case...

Folks don't do Suzuki forks on the FZ, they do R6 forks....

Someone didn't take care of the bike and did a very half a$$ed fix...

You guys maybe right, but I'm up for the challenge. People take wrecked bikes and build them up all the time. I think the frame is good. It rides fine and hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise. More pics to come.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys maybe right, but I'm up for the challenge. People take wrecked bikes and build them up all the time. I think the frame is good. It rides fine and hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise. More pics to come.

Hi, I would start from here:
Contact Us

Call these people and ask to check your VIN number for any flags, recalls, complaints etc.,.

BTW, after the forum's website got updated, I can't see any pics that you've uploaded, Is that only me?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, after the forum's website got updated, I can't see any pics that you've uploaded, Is that only me?

You have to start a reply, start typing, then below will be a "manage attachments".

Now you'll get a blank screen where you have to upload pic's from your puter, INTO the forum folder.

Once those are loaded, you click the photo you want to post, then drag it down (for that post).

Hit done and its uploaded.

I just did that procedure, can you see my pic?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Test.... Raja...do you see this zebra?
a8MS3.gif

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
You have to start a reply, start typing, then below will be a "manage attachments".

Now you'll get a blank screen where you have to upload pic's from your puter, INTO the forum folder.

Once those are loaded, you click the photo you want to post, then drag it down (for that post).

Hit done and its uploaded.

I just did that procedure, can you see my pic?

Actually for the ones the OP posted, I can't see them, but on the previous pages, I was able to see the white FZ6R pic.

Naked Stella

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I would start from here:
Contact Us

Call these people and ask to check your VIN number for any flags, recalls, complaints etc.,.

No it's not you, trying to upload pics from my phone and deleted them accidentally.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, its not you, the pic's just didn't post. It takes a couple of times to get used to it.

Now Motogiro, he thinks he posted a moving Zebra.

Now, he's in California (that may be why) and to me, it looks like two jokers acting the fool!! Maybe Abbot and Costello! ;)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Now Motogiro, he thinks he posted a moving Zebra.

Now, he's in California (that may be why) and to me, it looks like two jokers acting the fool!! Maybe Abbot and Costello! ;)

Yes! Lol! It the grass growing in the back yards in California that get's us dressed up like this! Lol!

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Please let me know if you're uploading from your phone, I can replicate, iOS.

1 insert image.jpg
2 choose from computer.jpg
3 select the images.png
4 upload file(s) hyperlink.jpg

If you already doing the same thing, please ignore. :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site