the2Wheel Levers

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i had them on my fz6 and now on my ninja. when you get them just take an allen wrench and tighten up the adjuster bolts and you should never have any issues.

I know what you mean (bolts are a bit loose from factory), but there was a video on youtube showing how the levers slipped on adjustment detents. It wasn't related to how tight or loose the bolts were.
It's a valid concern. Anyone with these levers.. make sure the bolts are properly tightened and then give both levers a good hard squeeze and make sure they don't slip.

I've had 2 sets for combined ~30k, no issues.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
Just swapped lever for a jpr one, hoping for more longevity! Here's a couple of pictures showing how the dial has failed..
abyqare8.jpg
ga9y5aja.jpg

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
Curious, did you dial it in and out a lot? I'd just set it and forget it.

Actually, no. I set the dials where I liked them the first day, and never adjusted further until I was forced to.

When the dial slipped the first time from 3 to 2, I reset it to 3.. though it felt muddy (no distinct click). After a few slips, I went to 4... And eventually it would slip out of 4 as well (back to 2).

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, no. I set the dials where I liked them the first day, and never adjusted further until I was forced to.

When the dial slipped the first time from 3 to 2, I reset it to 3.. though it felt muddy (no distinct click). After a few slips, I went to 4... And eventually it would slip out of 4 as well (back to 2).

Ahhh. Maybe the quality of these The2Wheel levers are going to crap., I hope not. I had them on a VFR800 for 2 years, road 20k KMs and never had an issue. I ordered some for the FZ6 and I hope they are decent as well. We'll see.

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
The higher settings have deeper cutouts on the dial.. So if you normally use a 4 or 5, you may never have an issue. Just keep an eye on em and I'm sure you'll be fine. Pretty simple device, not too many things can go wrong

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
the2Wheel Levels

Update...mine are quite new with maybe 100km max. Got them late in the season last year. I was just looking over the bike now and gave them a squeeze and the brake lever jumped from 2 to 1. Crap. Tried it several times and it's doing it regularly. That sux. Buyer beware. I also cleaned the contact points with alcohol just in case there was some lube on the adjusters.

http://youtu.be/xoMlMWgqxlQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
Update...mine are quite new with maybe 100km max. Got them late in the season last year. I was just looking over the bike now and gave them a squeeze and the brake lever jumped from 2 to 1. Crap. Tried it several times and it's doing it regularly. That sux. Buyer beware. I also cleaned the contact points with alcohol just in case there was some lube on the adjusters.

Damn!

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm sure the adjusters are the same, but do you have shorty levers or the regular one?

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
the2Wheel Levels

They were originally the regular ones but I switched just the levers for the shorties. The adjusters were retained. When you buy just the replacement parts, it comes with the levers and nuts, bolts, springs and little ball bearings, but not the adjusters or cam. I placed a small washer before the nut just so I could tighten them down a bit more, but it still skips.

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
the2Wheel Levels

Initially it shouldn't. And not likely the clutch side. It'll likely be the brake if so and after some mileage. But for you, I hope it doesn't happen. Ideally they fix the issue with better machining or materials.

We have the same mirrors. That's why I went with the shorty levers as the regular ones hit the mirror mount.

u6apu6ar.jpg

Last edited:

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I just ordered the 2014 version for $60. I know it's double the price, but maybe they've improved the build and finish quality some. I'll report back once they arrive and I install them.

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I just ordered the 2014 version for $60. I know it's double the price, but maybe they've improved the build and finish quality some. I'll report back once they arrive and I install them.

I think you may have ordered a different model. When I last looked, I too ended up looking at the 60$ set but searched further and found the ~35$ set that I originally bought. I was looking for the replacement kit (regular to shorty). I added a washer to my brake lever pivot fastener which allowed me to tighten it down a bit further. It hasn't skipped since.