the2Wheel Levers

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you may have ordered a different model. When I last looked, I too ended up looking at the 60$ set but searched further and found the ~35$ set that I originally bought. I was looking for the replacement kit (regular to shorty). I added a washer to my brake lever pivot fastener which allowed me to tighten it down a bit further. It hasn't skipped since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Below is a link to the ones I oreded yesterday. It looks like they've added a few design changes for 2014. I'm hoping the finish won't fade as quickly and the adjuster stays locked into position better then some of the lever that were made in the past.

7 Clicks GP Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers Set for YAMAHA

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, they are claiming that the 7 click model is new and updated for 2014. i will report back to see if they have any issues that have been reported on the cheaper model. I haven't see anyone on the forums with the 7 click 2014 style yet.

ivor1980

Reaction score
Visit site
So these levers do fail and yet people buy them?!?! :eek: .i wouldn't have my brake lever fail on me when I need it.......

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So these levers do fail and yet people buy them?!?! :eek: .i wouldn't have my brake lever fail on me when I need it.......

No, they don't fail. There is 1 case that we know of of a lever skipping.. and it was a defect on a brand new set.

I've had 2 sets (one on FZ6 and one on FZ1) for ~25k miles (combined). They're excellent.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
the only consistent complaint seems to be that the anodizing of dark colours seems to fade
Black goes a bronze colour, red to a pink etc

I had long black levers and swapped them out for a set of JPR shorties in titanium. the adjusters are a light colour too. the pivot connection(boss) to the handlebar bracket is standard black
as new they looked grouse. after 12 months the brake lever boss anodizing(black) has gone to bronze. the clutch is as black as it was new

I like these levers, they are really well made and apart from this fading- no probs..... I'm not gonna swap them for this cosmetic blemish, but with the two wheels there was a bit of slop in the adjuster I didn't like but the worked perfectly

just my two bobs worth!!!

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
My new 2014 "7-Clicks" levers came in today. They were ordered on April 29th. After installing them they feel excellent. I played with the clutch and front brake in my driveway for just a bit. My hands are slightly smaller than average and I'm deciding between position 2 or 3. Leaning towards 3. I ordered them with the Titan gray lever and yellow adjuster (to match the yellow ring on my aluminum 2-Bro's exhaust.) Here are some pictures. I apologize for the amount of pollen on my bike. Spring time!

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
My new 2014 "7-Clicks" levers came in today. They were ordered on April 29th. After installing them they feel excellent. I played with the clutch and front brake in my driveway for just a bit. My hands are slightly smaller than average and I'm deciding between position 2 or 3. Leaning towards 3. I ordered them with the Titan gray lever and yellow adjuster (to match the yellow ring on my aluminum 2-Bro's exhaust.) Here are some pictures. I apologize for the amount of pollen on my bike. Spring time!

Nice bro.... How much were they?

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I like the color, they look good

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, they are claiming that the 7 click model is new and updated for 2014. i will report back to see if they have any issues that have been reported on the cheaper model. I haven't see anyone on the forums with the 7 click 2014 style yet.

I have the new 7-click shorty style for my bike and so far so good as far as the fading and coming out of adjustment. But of course they have not seen too much extended times in bright sunshine yet as it's only the beginning of May. We'll see how they look come the middle of summer when I have more seat time for the year. But so far I really like them.