The smell of a hot bike

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been able to ride to work recently, which is, 20 miles of twisty a and b roads (with some definately z roads) and 10 miles of dual carriageway, so when I get back home at night the tyres are nicely warmed up and the whole engine and exhaust is hot. I then park up in the garage and we get down to family stuff. We also have a freezer and some storage in the garage. I always notice the fact that the garage still smells of 'bike' for a good couple of hours afterwards but the wife went in there for something the other night and mentioned that it smelt of my bike. I have to admit a frisson of pleasure that someone else had noticed. I just love some smells (freshly laid tarmac, baking) and eau de moto chaud is now definately one of them.

Does this make me odd?

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on that mate , that makes atleast two of us :D.....Now im glad i know im not the only mental person on here :cheer:.....Nothing beats the smell of a "hot" highly tuned machine :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

Nope not a bit, I like the smell myself.

I really like hot tires and brake pad smell after a good lot of parking lot practice and then emergency stop practice on very warm tires.

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
Smell & sound. I love going to the track and listening to the 800+ hp monsters that run the track (cars so far). If you get close enough, they can actually alter your heart beat!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
The sweet smell of burning oil, plastic, rubber that comes from a hard days ride.

Better than smelling transmission fluid in a car just because you drove a 1% grade.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
So glad its not just me, I walk into my garage an hour or two after riding and just lean back on my truck and look and smell. I thought I wasn't normal.....maybe I am not but at least I am not alone in my strange world. :D:D

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I love it too dude - once i found out it wasn't a bad thing. I was concerned for a while that the smell was a bad sign that something went wrong on my baby. I love the smell of hot rubber and burning oil in the morning.

I find myself in my garage smoking a cig just so i can spend more time with her - ha i'm a loser.