The "Off Topic" thread...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hot but it's tradition for us to have an Aus day ride - will have to be a very short ride though....

You should be at the cricket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hot but it's tradition for us to have an Aus day ride - will have to be a very short ride though....

You should be at the cricket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the cricket in this heat....no thanks! Plus i gotta work anyway!

:(

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
India thrashed 4-0 :Flip:

Not only the fact we beat them 4-0, look at the actual match results.

Kinda warms the heart after loosing the Ashes a year ago.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
India thrashed 4-0 :Flip:

Not only the fact we beat them 4-0, look at the actual match results.

Kinda warms the heart after loosing the Ashes a year ago.

Not only 4-zip but they denied the little master his 100th test ton:thumbup:,he can celebrate it on someone else's turf:D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I decided its time to move on....... Yesterday I gave my notice at work :cheer: 21 months I have been there without a pay rise & when I asked for one I was told straight out NO , if you dont like what your getting there is the door :shakehead: so I have taken them up on the offer :D That has seriously stuffed them up for the next 3 months at least :rof: Timed it perfectly & to maximum effect :BLAA:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I decided its time to move on....... Yesterday I gave my notice at work :cheer: 21 months I have been there without a pay rise & when I asked for one I was told straight out NO , if you dont like what your getting there is the door :shakehead: so I have taken them up on the offer :D That has seriously stuffed them up for the next 3 months at least :rof: Timed it perfectly & to maximum effect :BLAA:

So is it a good door, solid timber nice handles, you got a frame for it, what are the hinges like?

Seriously, you are a strong fella to take them at their word, I admire you for being steadfast and true to yourself
Best of luck in the pursuit of the next position

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So is it a good door, solid timber nice handles, you got a frame for it, what are the hinges like?

Nah nothing nice like that , otherwise I would have taken the door as a raise :D

I already know what im doing next (one of the perks of being in the transport industry) had a job withing 15mins of deciding to quit & then I did it ;)

You'll see me around South East Qld driving a Woolworths truck , delivery chiller/freezer to their stores , pretty cruisey work & good $$$ so its a win win WIN :cheer:

This is the actual truck i'll be piloting :thumbup:

CF85_Prime_Mover.jpg

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Nah nothing nice like that , otherwise I would have taken the door as a raise :D

I already know what im doing next (one of the perks of being in the transport industry) had a job withing 15mins of deciding to quit & then I did it ;)

You'll see me around South East Qld driving a Woolworths truck , delivery chiller/freezer to their stores , pretty cruisey work & good $$$ so its a win win WIN :cheer:

This is the actual truck i'll be piloting :thumbup:

CF85_Prime_Mover.jpg

Good onya mate,Luv ya work.:thumbup:

Take that bossman:Flip:

fz6jason

Reaction score
Visit site

Good job Dan! A man's got to do what a man's got to do!

I just had a raise go though, so I'll be sticking around a bit yet! :cheer:

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
No offense intended to anyone.

Just found this and it is pretty funny :D

1320693035.jpg

I repeat, no offense intended to anyone

Cheers :thumbup:

This is so true! Even in elementary school when learning the metric system it made more sense! But don't dare say that to a red, white and blue blooded 'merican who was taught "this is right that is wrong"! I get a lil pi$$ed when working on anything mechanical and someone helping says "ah @#$% its metric, stupid metric wrenches".....stupid?? they're in 1mm increments, how "stupid" is that. Apparently there is a new-ish Americunt (take that censorship) measuring system for auto plumbing fittings that is trying to be similar to metric where 1/16" is referred to as -1 (dash 1, they actually say dash!) and they increase in 1/16" increments -2 = 1/8", -3 = 3/16"....-12 = 3/4"....etc.

"gimmie a 3 wrench"....."which 3? 3/16", 3/8", 3/4", -3, 3mm? :rolleyes:

You'll get no hate mail from me on this one!!

Guess I kinda went on a rant there sorry....I feel better now :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^^^^

The metric system rocks! end of story.....America's system, is a relic from a time past!

:thumbup:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please do not let up making fun of this insane system of measurement that the one country that should have had the least trouble abandoning it insists on using! I have too many wrenches and too many sockets, and even though I never buy anything that needs the dumb ones, I still need and use them. Thanks.

/rant

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the poms still use their SAE system(imperial) too.I wonder what nut & bolt sizes are on the trumpy's:confused: