The "Off Topic" thread...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lame stunts (more like precision driving)
Bad "dad" jokes
The "supercars" were paraded only
May didn't say/do much
Stig wasn't there much
Shane Jacobsen did most of the talking

Good things - trials rider using a JCB to practice on - very talented
And robin reliants with the Top Gear soccer game - that was great

Ticket prices - $69 to $249

If I had paid for the tickets I would have been p155ed off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lame stunts (more like precision driving)
Bad "dad" jokes
The "supercars" were paraded only
May didn't say/do much
Stig wasn't there much
Shane Jacobsen did most of the talking

Good things - trials rider using a JCB to practice on - very talented
And robin reliants with the Top Gear soccer game - that was great

Ticket prices - $69 to $249

If I had paid for the tickets I would have been p155ed off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like its just a bit of a money grab then :spank: :spank:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
The Australian Top Gear has always been so abysmally bad I just gave up on it. I honestly don't understand why people watch it or follow the magazine.

I'd rather go to JB Hifi and buy the DVDs for the UK version that is like 5 years old.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love what im seeing in young James Pattinson , promising young kid :thumbup:

I dont want to put the mockers on him but had anybody else bothered to watch his action side by side with one GD McGrath ? :eek: Do it , you will be be mind blown :rockon:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't paid super close attention to his action. But if he has that action & style, well i'm excited.

Been saying for a very long time, Pidgeon is the bigger loss to the team than Warnie.

How well did Pidge destroy teams over his career. He basically kept bowling just off off stump, the same pace & same length, yet batsmen continually edged him to slip or played onto their stumps! Crazy how relatively simple his plan was & got soooooo many wickets :rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the pleasure of facing Glenn in '93 at a NSW cricket academy try out , he had just started playing for NSW & he was firing them down on that same line & length for about 3 overs at me......... Result , OUT !!! 5 or 6 times :rof: the man made you play every shot even though you know you didnt want to :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't paid super close attention to his action. But if he has that action & style, well i'm excited.

Both 5 for & both at the Gabba :thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2bkfyrOEQ]Glenn Mcgrath 5 60 At Gabba - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Y6T8aS7_M]James Pattinson five wickets on debut vs New Zealand - YouTube[/ame]

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from the SA Toy run....massive turnout....1000's of bikes!

As usual it was slow as crap....so i pulled off to the side early in the run, and waited for the Starfish on their tractors, etc, to have their fun, and once the throng had passed, i jumped on the bike, and followed...This meant i got to run up the Freeway at normal speeds...and without a billion crazy "once a yearer's" trying to knock me off...

I had my son on the back of the bike, so i was more than acutely aware of the danger...

Anyway, i saw Ozfazer up there, shared a Beer with him, bummed a smoke off him, then got out of the joint before the clueless throng started wobbling back down the Freeway...

Yes i sound like an arrogant biker, and i suppose i am, but i am not silly...i was staying well away from the "newb's", "squids", "starfish", etc, as much as possible....

Anyway had a nice day, and was good to get out on the bike with my son, but i did realise one thing....My son is getting too big to pillion...he just turned 13, has size 13 feet, and weighs nearly 80kg's...i could feel his weight on the bike today, as he was pushing me way over the bars...., and his feet, well, they were just too big....kept smashing them into mine!

Aint told him yet, but unless he becomes 55kg or less overnight, and his feet magically shrink, i dont think i will be lugging him about much anymore...well not on the TRX anyway...think i might need one of those big truck like bikes to drag him about....

:thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Like Wolfman I went with my son Cal to the MRA Toy Run in Melbourne, pics below
We left late to miss the maddening throng too. We didnt see a bike until we were about 1/2 k form Calder Park, and that was after a good 25 minutes of riding to get there.
As usual the staff directing traffic were brill. the PoPo were about but being very friendly. Still dont feel easy about that.
Plenty of w/end hogs about. Only one other FZ6, had to grab a shot.
Dont know what the bike on the trailer ploughed into but I think he was hanging on like hell when he went over the bars.
I dont think it was as good a turnout as the year before last, I wonder if the out of the city location turned a few off, still there were a couple of vintage Vespas which would have been fun to be behind in the freeway traffic.
Funny tho as Cal is still on his Ps we stayed at the speed limit the whole way there and back but the number of cars that seemed to take great delight in passing 20ks over and the one d1ck that tried to slot into the short space between Cal(leading) and me, I was truly grateful for the Stebel, Gawd he woke up fast and I chuckled in my lid
anyway.. a few pics sorry they are just from the phone ( when will Nikon or Canon come out with an SLR with a basic phone as part of the package?)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like Wolfman I went with my son Cal to the MRA Toy Run in Melbourne, pics below
We left late to miss the maddening throng too. We didnt see a bike until we were about 1/2 k form Calder Park, and that was after a good 25 minutes of riding to get there.
As usual the staff directing traffic were brill. the PoPo were about but being very friendly. Still dont feel easy about that.
Plenty of w/end hogs about. Only one other FZ6, had to grab a shot.
Dont know what the bike on the trailer ploughed into but I think he was hanging on like hell when he went over the bars.
I dont think it was as good a turnout as the year before last, I wonder if the out of the city location turned a few off, still there were a couple of vintage Vespas which would have been fun to be behind in the freeway traffic.
Funny tho as Cal is still on his Ps we stayed at the speed limit the whole way there and back but the number of cars that seemed to take great delight in passing 20ks over and the one d1ck that tried to slot into the short space between Cal(leading) and me, I was truly grateful for the Stebel, Gawd he woke up fast and I chuckled in my lid
anyway.. a few pics sorry they are just from the phone ( when will Nikon or Canon come out with an SLR with a basic phone as part of the package?)

Cheers for the pics Adrian...i betcha Calder Park wasnt as dusty as Callington Oval! The TRX is filth!!!

Our PoPo were not being that friendly, but then the main throng of bikes was looking like an 'erratic beast" to control....

:thumbup: