The "Off Topic" thread...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It almost slipped by without comment....Australia won a Cricket Test Match this week! And it looks like we have found a new STAR!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, but now we are officially useless at something Australians are good at, sport.

It turned bad when a Kiwi started coaching our Rugby team, now we have a Sth African coaching our Cricket team :spank: Our national bloody sport!

This country is turning to **** & been saying it for a while :(

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I was going to keep quiet about the strange appointment to the Aussie coaching position because im not to unhappy :eek: while I do not agree with it being a non-Aussie Mickey is the type of no-nonsense take no crap or prisoners man we need at the head :rockon: Neilsen was only ever going to be an interim till someone of the John Buchanan style became available , I was holding out hope it would be Captain Cranky :) but ahh well I guess Mickey will have to do & he does have Aussie blood in him so he cant be too bad :thumbup:

I hope the Aussie media doesnt put far to much pressure on the shoulders of young Pat Cummins , let him develop in his own time & if they believe in him then stick with him like they did with a horrible (at the start) Warney :rockon:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
AB as coach.......

I frigging love that thought :thumbup: And Steve Waugh as the assistant :thumbup::thumbup:

They would bring that killer instinct out in our players.

Maybe they should go talk to the Wallabies, fire those bastards up :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mickey will do well.

Gone are the days that we have Aussie born coaches. You need the best and where they are from doesn't matter any more.

Not all our national players (various sports) are even born here these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gone are the days that we have Aussie born coaches. You need the best and where they are from doesn't matter any more.

I don't disagree with this at all, I'm a believer in this. If Football Australia persisted with this mentality we wouldn't have been at the last 2 World Cups (and possibly the next one :D)

But in saying that, we got plenty of ex-players over the past 20-30 years who would be more than qualified & suitable to be the Australian Coach.

Humpy got the right idea with AB, Steve would be good.

Hey, how about Boonie! He know's team spirit :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did anyone see the ASBK calender for 2012 in AMCN this week?

No NSW, SA, or Tasmanian rounds....Australian championship.....My Ar$e!

Australian Superbike racing has become a big fat joke!

That is all!

:(

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ASBK is a joke, which is a damn shame. Every time ive been the racing has been great to awesome.

I'm pretty sure all the teams call on the organisers to have the SBK class be more like STK for costs (and you got to admit under STK rules they won't be an awful lot slower), yet the organisers want to keep full blown SBK type regs!

Are you insane man! Yarrive or whatever your name is. Listen to the teams & stop being a try hard Ezpaleta :spank:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ASBK is a joke, which is a damn shame. Every time ive been the racing has been great to awesome.

I'm pretty sure all the teams call on the organisers to have the SBK class be more like STK for costs (and you got to admit under STK rules they won't be an awful lot slower), yet the organisers want to keep full blown SBK type regs!

Are you insane man! Yarrive or whatever your name is. Listen to the teams & stop being a try hard Ezpaleta :spank:

Yes, Yarrive needs to smarten up!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did anyone see the ASBK calender for 2012 in AMCN this week?

No NSW, SA, or Tasmanian rounds....Australian championship.....My Ar$e!

Australian Superbike racing has become a big fat joke!

That is all!

I liked it :D 2 stand alone rounds at QLD Raceway :steve: :cheer: :cheer: No more sharing with the V8 Supercars for 1 round :cheer:

But your right , its not really a national championship :(

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does WA have a round next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Kazza , Barbagallo gets a run :thumbup:

Here is the calendar for those interested...

2012 QBE Australian Superbike Championships calendar

Rd 1. 24-26 Feb 12, Phillip Island
Rd 2. 20-22 Apr 12, Hidden Valley
Rd 3. 4-6 May 12, Barbagallo
Rd 4. 18-20 May 12, Phillip Island
Rd 5. 1-3 Jun 12, QLD Raceway
Rd 6. 17-19 Aug 12, Phillip Island
Rd 7. 14-16 Sep 12, QLD Raceway

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Our rounds are stand alone :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Happy about that, no bogan fest :thumbup:

It would also make sense if they ran the series through summer (not competing with the nations attention of football) and have the rounds spaced 2 to 3 weeks apart

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can see why Tassie has no round this year...was at Symonns Plains last year, and i recjkon there was only about 2500 people there...at the very very best...

SA is worse, you will be lucky to get more than 1500 spectators in SA...

But having said that....advertising in the past, has been almost non existent in SA, anyway...

I am happy to travel to a round or two, in fact i have seen rounds of the ASBK in 3 different States in the last 2 seasons...but geez, it's a big commitment to see Australia's best....

Those of you in Queensland, Victoria, The Top End, and WA, enjoy it whilst you have got it, and make sure you go to your States round (s), and support the bikes!

:thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I can see why Tassie has no round this year...was at Symonns Plains last year, and i recjkon there was only about 2500 people there...at the very very best...

SA is worse, you will be lucky to get more than 1500 spectators in SA...

But having said that....advertising in the past, has been almost non existent in SA, anyway...

I am happy to travel to a round or two, in fact i have seen rounds of the ASBK in 3 different States in the last 2 seasons...but geez, it's a big commitment to see Australia's best....

Those of you in Queensland, Victoria, The Top End, and WA, enjoy it whilst you have got it, and make sure you go to your States round (s), and support the bikes!

:thumbup:

You sure its not just because the majority who try to ride bikes to the events end up in jail or vehicle-less when the inevitable police blitz happens, with everyone being pulled over 10 times a day anywhere near the event and getting in trouble for even the most ridiculous stuff :D