The "Off Topic" thread...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Much better, only got a tiny red mark where it is still healing!
Once the stitches came out it was fine since I got full use of my arm back, the stitches tended to pull if I reached too far or at the wrong angle.

Probably won't even have a good scar to show for it :p
And you know how we all dig scars ..... ;)

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Scars and being a handy man I hope. Just completed the very technical and challenging task of changing my bike's rear light bulb.
It was touch and go at times but I think Sam will be impressed when she gets home!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
New gloves and a cover coing up, now I cant wait for the junk mail ,thanks Humpy

Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It may be a bit late for some but if anyboby in the Brisbane area is interested there is an F-18 Super Hornet display on at RAAF Amberley , starting at 14:00 TODAY :D 1 a/c will perform an airshow routine then it will form up with another Super Hornet for a simulated attack capabilty display :thumbup:............ If you want me , you know where to find me :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :BLAA:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll expect pics Dan!

Enjoy :rockon:

Nothing overly exciting to share :( It was a very very lacklustre display & I was very disgusted :spank: If that was a capablity display to show that the Super Hornet is better than the Mighty F-111 then we will be in serious trouble if something happens :eek:

The Super Hornet is shorter range , slower & has less firepower :shakehead: They only thing it does better than the Pig is fight its way out of trouble & the Pig was never ment to do that :thumbup: The F-111 was half way home before the emeny knew what hit it :rockon:

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
'50 Years of Australian Touring Cars' at Lakeside raceway on this weekend if anybody is interested :thumbup: I'll be there Sunday to watch the old timers go round in legendary cars like Alan Moffat's Brut33 Mustang , a few of Dick's old cars , a few of Brocky's old cars , i believe the Colin Bonds Ch9 Camaro & an appearence from the Team Vodofone Commonbore :D :rockon: Entry is $30 at the gate :thumbup: Would be great to see a few of us Brisbanites out there :thumbup:

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
Nothing overly exciting to share :( It was a very very lacklustre display & I was very disgusted :spank: If that was a capablity display to show that the Super Hornet is better than the Mighty F-111 then we will be in serious trouble if something happens :eek:

The Super Hornet is shorter range , slower & has less firepower :shakehead: They only thing it does better than the Pig is fight its way out of trouble & the Pig was never ment to do that :thumbup: The F-111 was half way home before the emeny knew what hit it :rockon:

But from what I have read the F111 is considered to be at retirement age and parts are thin on the ground therefore expen$ive. Would rather something capable of flying than a few tons of steel falling from the sky.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
As long as it lands on the enemy and we can recover the pilots with other craft that should be ok right?

All this aside I think its unlikely we will need aircraft capable of aggressive strikes, while aircraft that can be launched from that carrier they are buying, even with shorter range will probably be more flexible.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd post a pic of the Healtech GI Pro gear indicator Mike bought me.

Installed on the dash - very small and non-intrusive.

Hey Kazza, installed my healtech gear indicator this arvo, thanks for the tips from earlier this year 'bout how quick n easy it would be. I read a few other posts as well as the instructions a few times. It was altogether too easy, and looking at the pic you posted, its almost like Yam thought the space should be left just for the indicator, perfect spot for it isn't it? Hey the Stebel horn is working really well too, worth its weight in gold!!!:D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I saw God !!!! :eyebrow:....... Well today while riding to work a pulled up behind a CL65 AMG :drool: at a set of lights near Dutton Park cemetary (for the Brisbanites) when I happened to glance at the number plate , it read........... DOOHAN :eek: The windows were very dark tint & I couldnt get a great look inside but the driver was not overly tall & they had a female passenger but thats basically all I could see as they turned right & I went straight ahead..... What do you reckon ?? Did I see GOD or was it just a poser :don'tknow:... If the plate was on a CBR or something I would definately say it was some try hard poser but being an AMG (which fits the Mick paycheck) im thinking nobody else would really get it :D... So with that im saying...

I SAW GOD , I SAW GOD :BLAA: :BLAA: :BLAA:

Last edited:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard a story a few times back in his Gp days when he was buying a Merc that he specified 'don't you dare order personalised plates'. Can appreciate why.

You know what his generic issue plates were....

The letters were DGB, the initials of his then World Title rival Daz Beattie!

Apparently it didn't go down too well at the dealership...............................

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, who's gonna wsin the AFL Grand Final this weekend??? I reckon the Cats are a good thing!

I think Collingwood were damn lucky to beat Hawthorn last weekend....Was just the week off that got them over the line in the last quarter....

:thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
seeing as the Saints lost to the 'pies last year, and I am a Sainter, I have to barrack for the Cats