The "Off Topic" thread...

Yeah, true. Hey, you better look after that V6 of yours, with ford going away from the 6 Cyl and powering the Falcoon with a pissy little 4 cyl engine from 2012 (I think).

Don't worry, we'll keep the Aussie BIG car industry going... ;)

Back onto Holden, sounds like the Japan Tsunami might affect us as well. We get some electrical components from there, and not sure how long our stocks are going to last. Toyota in Melbourne have about 6 weeks of wiring looms, then they'll grind to a halt.

:rockon:

Yeah, true. Hey, you better look after that V6 of yours, with ford going away from the 6 Cyl and powering the Falcoon with a pissy little 4 cyl engine from 2012 (I think).

Don't worry, we'll keep the Aussie BIG car industry going... ;)

Back onto Holden, sounds like the Japan Tsunami might affect us as well. We get some electrical components from there, and not sure how long our stocks are going to last. Toyota in Melbourne have about 6 weeks of wiring looms, then they'll grind to a halt.

My XR6 is up for replacement anyway...am thinking Porsche....seeing as Jess is about to buy a family car of her own! And we will only need one family car in the house! :D

Hey guys. Did any of you SA Fizzers hear about the fire at Holden this morning???

Guess what, it was in my plant. I'm part of an early start-up crew (only 6 of us), did our normal start-up which includes starting the washing machine.... Now, this thing is 6 metres long, 3 metres high and 2 metres wide...(Not your standard washer...lol). Hold 5200 Litres of liquid, and the last third of the machine is a dryer.

Well, something went haywire in the dryer bank, and flamed up. We hit it with 2 dry powder extinguishers but it just flared up again. Time to call the MFS and hit the evacuation siren... All this at 6am in the bloody rain.... Argh!!!!

Got out of work for nearly 3 hours, but was damn boring guarding a door so people wouldn't enter the building (toxic fumes from the insulation around the washer).

My bit of excitement for the day...lol

quick call the fire brigade someone , anyone................. Ahh stuff it , let the joint burn :D

I tried calling for the firey's Dave but my calls went unheard :BLAA: They are lucky I wasnt there , I would of got the old :popcorn: out & fire bombed it with kerosene :rof:

His is white,no whale tail .Looks bloody great ,but you feel every bump in the road !

He looked for ages to find an Oz delivered car,he said DO NOT buy a private import.

I have done bugger all research at this point, but i did tell myself that by the time i was 45 i would own one of these iconic cars...and i will!

Yes a good one will cost me truckloads, but even if i get a half way decent one, i can tinker, and restore it!

Cheers for the tip re private import.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Jeez I can highly recommend a Hyundai Excel, 1.3 litre engine FTW! (Ferrari Red ofc)
I mean its falling apart now (literally) but its hard to beat if your looking for a car worth less than your wallet (empty) when your sitting in it!

Jeez I can highly recommend a Hyundai Excel, 1.3 litre engine FTW! (Ferrari Red ofc)
I mean its falling apart now (literally) but its hard to beat if your looking for a car worth less than your wallet (empty) when your sitting in it!

Sounds like jess's ford laser...but god do I love that car!!! There is something about a but of a banger car, they, and their idiosyncrasies sort of grow on you...
:D

Kazza & Prebstar if you guys get the NRL Footy Show over there during the night make sure you tape it , the Beau Ryan/Chris Heighington skit is an absolute RIOT :rof: :rof: :rof: It just won the show another Logie :D

Kazza & Prebstar if you guys get the NRL Footy Show over there during the night make sure you tape it , the Beau Ryan/Chris Heighington skit is an absolute RIOT :rof: :rof: :rof: It just won the show another Logie :D
Only saw your post this morning :(

Don't watch it/tape it much these days. Always forget... It's on about 2am

Its official, the FZ6 is a chick magnet/woman attention getting bike :rockon: At last I have a story where my bike has gotten attention from a woman :rockon:

I don't care that it has taken 3 years, 1 month and 14 days, but it did happen.

Riding through the shopping centre carpark, seen from a distance a woman get out of her 4WD dressed in gym gear. As I got closer you could tell she's a yummy mummy off for her sunday kid free gym session. Anyway, as I appreciate the finer things in life, you just have to take a moment to admire. She noticed my appreciation. She looked at me, looked down at my bike, I was barely 10m away from her when she looked back up, gave me the biggest smile whilst staring into my eyes :thumbup:

Before anyone says it was Mrs Disco, we don't own a 4WD.

Back