The History of the TT

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It has always been my pop's ambition to go to thr races My mum and Dad live in Spain. He has a friend there who go's every year. My mum is trying to fix it up for him.
I have a friend who lives on the Island so, I may be able to blag some tent pitching space. Best of all if I can sort this. My wife has said why don't you meet up with him and go yourself.

The History of the TT - The official Isle of Man TT 2007 website

Have any of you been?

Last edited:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky! I would love to go sometime during my lifetime but i'll probobly just have to drive it on playstation for now!

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
One of my biggest regrets is not going to the Isle of Man TT when I had many opportunities to do so back in the 60's and 70's. I followed GP racing all around England and in Northern Ireland when I lived there, but never got to the TT.
I still cherish and listen to my Stanley Schofield "Sound Stories" LP of the 1967 TT, when the Late Great Mike Hailwood took the 250, 350 and 500 races on his magnificent Hondas.
There's still time... :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my biggest regrets is not going to the Isle of Man TT when I had many opportunities to do so back in the 60's and 70's. I followed GP racing all around England and in Northern Ireland when I lived there, but never got to the TT.
I still cherish and listen to my Stanley Schofield "Sound Stories" LP of the 1967 TT, when the Late Great Mike Hailwood took the 250, 350 and 500 races on his magnificent Hondas.
There's still time... :)
Mike the bike is one of my hero's. My father has a signed copy of Mikes auotbiography. The first one when he was still alive.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It has always been my pop's ambition to go to thr races My mum and Dad live in Spain. He has a friend there who go's every year. My mum is trying to fix it up for him.
I have a friend who lives on the Island so, I may be able to blag some tent pitching space. Best of all if I can sort this. My wife has said why don't you meet up with him and go yourself.

The History of the TT - The official Isle of Man TT 2007 website

Have any of you been?

"You lucky B'stard"
---Life of Brian

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Mike the bike is one of my hero's. My father has a signed copy of Mikes auotbiography. The first one when he was still alive.

I just missed getting Mike's autograph on my copy of his autobiography at Thruxton (or was it Snetterton) back in '68 (I think...geez, my memory..), when I got into the pit area. I tried to get Ago's autograph at the same time, and ended up getting neither. :( I still have a few of Hailwood's books, like "The Art of Motorcycle Racing".