The FZ6 Pony Express - route & riders & comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I should start trying to figure out who I'm going to pass off to.
From the original list, looks like there are only two options gpd211 and krid80. You guys still watching this thread/still interested?

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
From the original list, looks like there are only two options gpd211 and krid80. You guys still watching this thread/still interested?

You might PM them. If not, I bet there might someone else heading south that could assist.

Let me know if you need some more recruits.

Fred

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

What's your plan and timeframe? Where would we be meeting? When are you planning on riding? Who would be next on the list? Would I be responsible for PMing someone on the list to meet up with?

I'm in just need more info.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
What's your plan and timeframe? Where would we be meeting? When are you planning on riding? Who would be next on the list? Would I be responsible for PMing someone on the list to meet up with?

Where are you starting from? Could you ride it to Vicksburg, Mississippi where Shreveport1 can grab the bag? I would then pick it up from Shreveport1 in East Texas and proceed into New Mexico for afpreppie04 to take over. The bag is currently in Kentucky with Shaggystyle.

Fred

FZ6 Pony Express Committed Riders

afpreppie04 - New Mexico
agmom98 - UT in May, IN an surrounding states in June, TN and surrounding states in July
ANLR21 - I'm in, can help with PA/DE/NJ
ant_mb - I'm available for NJ, Eastern PA and some of DE.
CCHOUSEKY - help Shaggy out with the Kentucky leg.
chuckfz6ryder - Massachusetts
chunkygoat - I would so be in. I'm in eastern pa so i could cover anywhere from PA to delaware, jersey, new york, and or maryland.
dark_isz - North Carolina
doc_simple - Oregon
Donnie869 - I could help "opds9091" with Florida.
Gosling1 - I can also do some in the Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi area.
gpd211 - southern half of ohio and indiana (southern half)
Have2BeFree - upstate NY to VT/NH/PA/MA/NJ
krid80 - I could go to the Illinois Indiana border or the Illinois/Kentucky or Missouri/Arkansas or etc.
MarinaFazer - Southern California (Los angeles to santa barbara or san luis obispo)
mglowe - I will gladly do Iowa and Missouri to start with.
mpb218 - Eastern CT here, I could get any state around me, RI is close.
Norm - NE MA
oogie - Ga.,Tenn.,Al., Fl.
opds9091 - Florida
RaVzTeR - I would like to offer my services, wouldn't mind covering any of the Southern PA, MD, DC, NOVA.
rider1a - I can take the bag from somewhere in Texas to New Mexico.
scottsst - Oregon or Idaho/Utah/Washington.
shaggystyle - Southern Indiana through KY
shreveport1 - I could pick it up somewhere around Vicksburg Missisippi,and bring across Louisiana to Waskom Tx.
teeter - I'm still up or covering Virginia.
teeter - VA, WV
Wanderingpie - Oregon

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just let me know when....I've been gettin my gang...... oh I mean crew.... oh I mean (freind's) ready for our leg of the run!! :D:rockon:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where are you starting from? Could you ride it to Vicksburg, Mississippi where Shreveport1 can grab the bag? I would then pick it up from Shreveport1 in East Texas and proceed into New Mexico for afpreppie04 to take over. The bag is currently in Kentucky with Shaggystyle.

Fred

afpreppie04 - New Mexico
agmom98 - UT in May, IN an surrounding states in June, TN and surrounding states in July
chunkygoat - I would so be in. I'm in eastern pa so i could cover anywhere from PA to delaware, jersey, new york, and or maryland.
doc_simple - Oregon
krid80 - I could go to the Illinois Indiana border or the Illinois/Kentucky or Missouri/Arkansas or etc.
MarinaFazer - Southern California (Los angeles to santa barbara or san luis obispo)
Norm - NE MA
opds9091 - Florida
RaVzTeR - I would like to offer my services, wouldn't mind covering any of the Southern PA, MD, DC, NOVA.
shreveport1 - I could pick it up somewhere around Vicksburg Missisippi,and bring across Louisiana to Waskom Tx.
teeter - VA, WV
Wanderingpie - Oregon

Fred, if it comes back to the east coast, please add me to the list? I can go travel to any of the New England states and meet the other riders as well as get it back to Maycyn who started the journey.

Thanks!

-Eric

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site

Take the bag to Shreveport1 in Vicksburg, Mississippi. The ride is a relaxing 500 miles. I planned this initial route that avoids most of the major freeways. I can them grab the bag in East Texas from Shreveport1 and ride it to New Mexico.

Fred

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Oh.... hey, Shreveport1 where would your gang be coming from? I kinda laid some plans to go to Dallas (I have family there) instead of Mississippi. Any way we can make that work?

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh.... hey, Shreveport1 where would your gang be coming from? I kinda laid some plans to go to Dallas (I have family there) instead of Mississippi. Any way we can make that work?

Let's see what Shreveport1 has to say. I can pick it up in Dallas and that would make my ride to New Mexico a little shorter, which is fine with me.

You could also join Shreveport1 in Louisiana and both of you could ride into Dallas.

Fred

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go ahead on into Dallas and see your family...

Last edited:

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
I would appreciate the company on the trip. Can't I convince you to join me for part of the trip?

It looks like Shreveport1 had a traumatic experience with:

Buford_T_Justice.jpg

aka Leo Buford, so I will meet you to pick up the bag. I will PM you regarding the details of the meeting.

Fred

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like Shreveport1 had a traumatic experience with:

Buford_T_Justice.jpg

aka Leo Buford, so I will meet you to pick up the bag. I will PM you regarding the details of the meeting.

Fred
LOL,Yea they put me up in their County Hotel for a few night's about 15 year's ago,and i've had no desire to go back since!!:D:rockon:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Question @ Rider1a:

From New Mexico, where is the bag going? I'm just curious about it getting to Southern California because I want to try a tentative date to
1) Let my riding group know and try and get a "gang" too
2) Notify my media guy whom I can ask about placement on local news...could be cool?

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Question @ Rider1a:

From New Mexico, where is the bag going? I'm just curious about it getting to Southern California because I want to try a tentative date to
1) Let my riding group know and try and get a "gang" too
2) Notify my media guy whom I can ask about placement on local news...could be cool?

So far the bag has started in Maine and has taken the route of the eastern states via The White House.
rockon.gif

Right now, Mr. Bagster is in Kentucky getting ready for a push into Texas.

FZ6 pro afpreppie04 will take the bag in NM. I don't know his route yet but have sent a PM recently to get updated on his schedule. We don't have any connecting riders in Colorado, so perhaps from from NM to California will require some creative route design and perhaps some additional volunteers.

Fred

afpreppie04 - New Mexico
doc_simple - Oregon
Norm - NE MA
opds9091 - Florida
teeter - VA, WV
Wanderingpie - Oregon

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if it's coming through or going back this far North but I'm in East NE, can cover some of IA and KS as well.

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live in San Bernardino...right off the 10 fwy. i could do anything from like palm springs to LA or Barstow to LA

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe i could catch the bag on its way back,or we could send it back around again till we hit every state with it!!:thumbup::D

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
maybe i could catch the bag on its way back,or we could send it back around again till we hit every state with it!!:thumbup::D

I think your concern about the Texas police is a bit overdone. There are rogue police in most states, but most U.S. law enforcement work within strong ethical boundaries.

You have not been to Mexico. :)

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.