The FZ6 Pony Express - route & riders & comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There was talk of looping back along the Northern states to route the bag back to Maine. If this is the case, I'd really like to be a part and carry from VT and/or NH back up to Maine and meet with the origination rider, Maycyn. My Mom lives in Old Town, ME so a trip up to Maine would be great! Please PM me if this makes it's way back to N.E. and I can help.

I couldn't help on the way out because I left for TN the same day Maycyn left Maine. :(

Well done folks! :thumbup:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm located in northern California. I could ride the bag from the San Francisco Bay Area to either some point east or north.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I will receive the bag on the 30th from Ravzter and Wildcard who are being kind enough to come so far south to meet me. On the morning of June 3rd I will be leaving Woodbridge, VA for the forum's Deals Gap meet. I had several choices of route but decided on the one that passed through the most states going down 95 to 85 to 40.

No one has volunteered yet to take it from the meet.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't completely read this thread but.... an important consideration. What about backup in case of a break down or maybe Indians. If the Indians get one of the riders......

In all seriousness. Sounds like a great event and a lot of fun.

Good Luck and have Fun!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If the Indians get one of the riders......

Good Luck and have Fun!

I am glad you are kidding because my wife resembles that remark! :spank: :spank: :spank: ;)

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I haven't completely read this thread but.... an important consideration. What about backup in case of a break down or maybe Indians. If the Indians get one of the riders......

Good Luck and have Fun!

haha - funny. That's what USPS is for!!! ;) jk - I hope to have a bunch of riders with me for my turn!

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
I will receive the bag on the 30th from Ravzter and Wildcard who are being kind enough to come so far south to meet me. On the morning of June 3rd I will be leaving Woodbridge, VA for the forum's Deals Gap meet. I had several choices of route but decided on the one that passed through the most states going down 95 to 85 to 40.

No one has volunteered yet to take it from the meet.

Select a rider from the list below and PM them about a link-up place and time. I realize there may be a few days or a week before they can continue on the Pony Express due to work or other things.

It looks like user oogie - Ga.,Tenn.,Al., Fl. might be your best bet. The other option is shaggystyle - Southern Indiana through KY with his friend CCHOUSEKY - helping Shaggy out with the Kentucky leg. From there Gosling1 - says he can also do some in the Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi area.

Fred

FZ6 Pony Express Committed Riders

afpreppie04 - New Mexico
agmom98 - UT in May, IN an surrounding states in June, TN and surrounding states in July
ANLR21 - I'm in, can help with PA/DE/NJ
ant_mb - I'm available for NJ, Eastern PA and some of DE.
CCHOUSEKY - help Shaggy out with the Kentucky leg.
chuckfz6ryder - Massachusetts
chunkygoat - I would so be in. I'm in eastern pa so i could cover anywhere from PA to delaware, jersey, new york, and or maryland.
dark_isz - North Carolina
doc_simple - Oregon
Donnie869 - I could help "opds9091" with Florida.
Gosling1 - I can also do some in the Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi area.
gpd211 - southern half of ohio and indiana (southern half)
Have2BeFree - upstate NY to VT/NH/PA/MA/NJ
krid80 - I could go to the Illinois Indiana border or the Illinois/Kentucky or Missouri/Arkansas or etc.
MarinaFazer - Southern California (Los angeles to santa barbara or san luis obispo)
mglowe - I will gladly do Iowa and Missouri to start with.
mpb218 - Eastern CT here, I could get any state around me, RI is close.
Norm - NE MA
oogie - Ga.,Tenn.,Al., Fl.
opds9091 - Florida
RaVzTeR - I would like to offer my services, wouldn't mind covering any of the Southern PA, MD, DC, NOVA.
rider1a - I can take the bag from somewhere in Texas to New Mexico.
scottsst - Oregon or Idaho/Utah/Washington.
shaggystyle - Southern Indiana through KY
shreveport1 - I could pick it up somewhere around Vicksburg Missisippi,and bring across Louisiana to Waskom Tx.
teeter - I'm still up or covering Virginia.
teeter - VA, WV
Wanderingpie - Oregon

usa_map2.jpg

Last edited:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Well Ravi picked up Bagster from Anthony and he and I went into DC to take Bagster sight-seeing (it was it's first time apparently) and then we headed down to Woodbridge to hand it off to Chris. We had a BEAUTIFUL day and things went smoothly. Here are my pics. Ravi has lots more.

Here's a slideshow

Some highlights:
White house + Washington Monument (pencil) + a real pony
P5300031.jpg

Bagster is in jail for getting to close
P5300036.jpg

Bagster loves world peace just like hippies
P5300040.jpg

Ravi in the flesh with Wash. Monument behind
P5300042.jpg

The monument
P5300043.jpg

pathway to heaven
P5300044.jpg

Bagster ended WWII
P5300050.jpg

Lincoln Memorial and the Reflecting Pool
P5300055.jpg

Lincoln is HUGE compared to Bagster
P5300060.jpg

The US Capitol
P5300067.jpg

Last edited:

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Well Ravi picked up Bagster from Anthony and he and I went into DC to take Bagster sight-seeing (it was it's first time apparently) and then we headed down to Woodbridge to hand it off to Chris. We had a BEAUTIFUL day and things went smoothly. Here are my pics. Ravi has lots more.

Here's a slideshow

Ravi, you did an excellent job! The pictures in such a historical setting w/the FZ6 bag is really exciting and fun to see. We can now say the bag has been to the White House. :)

I can't wait to see what others might do when the bag is in their custody.

Ciao,

Fred

necrotimus

Reaction score
Visit site
Ravi and Andrew came all the way to VA from MD via DC to drop off Bagster into my care. It was a great favor because I had a full weekend planned before the next leg of Baggy's trip.

Here is a photo of the ponies:
IMG_2000.JPG

Here is a photo of the riders and Bagster with his new caretaker (who needs to get back to his diet):
IMG_2002.JPG

Andrew says "You're right Chris the red is faster than my blue one":
IMG_1998a.JPG

Guys heading out to the dealership to trade in for red ones:
IMG_2009.JPG

Bagster chilling with the family:
IMG_2015.JPG

IMG_2020.JPG

Bagster enjoying the rest of the donuts Andrew left:
IMG_2026.JPG

BEER BEFORE LIQUOR:

IMG_2023.JPG"

IMG_2025.JPG

Last edited:

RaVzTeR

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Andrew for posting the pictures, they came out real good!!

It was a beautiful day and other than a couple of crappy traffic jammed roads it was a good ride. We should probably get all the FZ riders in the area and do a M&G+group ride soon.

Thanks Chris for your hospitality and the bean clean (I get the hint buddy, I know I need to clean my bike) :p. Hope you have a safe trip south!

I will post stuff soon(tm).

Update (06/01/2009):

Sorry for the delay, been hectic at work and weekends have been jam packed lately.

-Links to Pictures: Andrew posted all the good DC ones we took; here are some with him in action as well. Sorry for linking to Picasa, uploading pictures at work takes too long.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ravzter/FZ6PonyExpress#

-Link to route:
Picked it up from Ant_mb in Elkton, MD; handed it off to Wildcard in DC and then rode down with him to Woodbridge to hand it off to Necrotimus.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e....852542,-76.864471&spn=0.512271,0.878906&z=10

Last edited:

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys on the three FZ6 look like real biking studs! I hope the white man's fire water was for after the ride.
biggrin.gif

Great pictures with the pooch!

Keep on rockin'.

Fred

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is excellent! And Bagster got to hang with Brother Sam (Summer) as well! Sweet!

Great photo journey for Bagster. Are there plans for it to travel back to Maine? I still want to participate so long as it doesn't hit New England in the first week of September!

necrotimus

Reaction score
Visit site
Tomorrow morning the bag leaves Woodbridge, VA and will trave close to 600 miles, then end up spending a few days on the Dragon. Shaggystyle has volunterred to take ownership of the bag after the forum meet.

Great pics Ravi and Wildcard, it was great meeting both of you and maybe we can do an area group ride in the future. Anytime you are in the neighboorhood stop by for some donuts or grilling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.