The Aussie Gear & Accessories review's & view's thread!

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if the magazines would approve there looks to be some photoshopping of these images to make them look more like the kind of perfect figure that advertisement forces on us! :O

P.S. Where is the 'fast-standing-still' effect in photoshop?

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dririder are fantastic..... Some of you may know i had a 6 or 7 month old Dririder jacket rip apart on me :eek: I know I know very odd , but 1 week 4 days later my local Yammy dealer called to say Dririder are replacing the jacket :cheer: damn shame the 2009 season jacket isnt made anymore :D so they replaced it with a new 2010 Reactor jacket:thumbup:...... I'll use it tomorrow for the first time so watch for a review :thumbup:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Dririder are fantastic..... Some of you may know i had a 6 or 7 month old Dririder jacket rip apart on me :eek: I know I know very odd , but 1 week 4 days later my local Yammy dealer called to say Dririder are replacing the jacket :cheer: damn shame the 2009 season jacket isnt made anymore :D so they replaced it with a new 2010 Reactor jacket:thumbup:...... I'll use it tomorrow for the first time so watch for a review :thumbup:

Eeeekkkk what do you mean rip apart ??? Were you riding too much or did you do a hulk move on it ?? Looking forward to see what you think of those jackets they do look nice :)

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Eeeekkkk what do you mean rip apart ??? Were you riding too much or did you do a hulk move on it ?? Looking forward to see what you think of those jackets they do look nice :)

LOL no Hulk moves needed , im might be big enough but im not green :(...... Yes i ride lots (my bike is my daily commuter) but this wasnt my daily commuter jacket (RJays btw)... I had only had this jacket for a short time and it was my weekend 'play' jacket so of course with weekend work commitments i had only worn it 5 or 6 times :eek: & thats all it needed to give up the ghost :spank:.... Damn thing still smelt like the bike shop :disapprove: when it just split apart on the hip behind the pocket , low pressure area & no seams :(...... Bikeshop says more than likely a missed weave in the material , so who care they rplaced it with a great jacket........

Rode this morning with the new jacket just to try it out , WOW !!! great jacket , very warm even with the liner removed (it was only 5 degrees) and it kept my dry in a light drizzle , very light & comfortable & didnt blouse out like the old one so im wrapped :thumbup:... All i need now is a loooong ride :D

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, been looking at some jackets (RJays) they were really nice, but they were older models and did not have my size (They were on special) :( But will be checking out there newer ones though :)

I really like Dri Rider stuff I have two of there jackets, one winter and one summer and gloves (I don't like the winter ones I have as they are too thick for my liking)

But have had no problems with them just would like an all weather jacket though :)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Dan. No doubt Mike will want one soon. He's got an Alpinestars jacket - bought it last year - not happy with it though - it lets water in...... His summer Alpinestars is great, as is his leather Alpinestars. He keeps complaining about this one though :shakehead:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Dan. No doubt Mike will want one soon. He's got an Alpinestars jacket - bought it last year - not happy with it though - it lets water in...... His summer Alpinestars is great, as is his leather Alpinestars. He keeps complaining about this one though :shakehead:

:thumbup: :thumbup: Might have a gentle persuading word with him :D... Its about time he treated himself i think :BLAA:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bikers Gear Australia (Phillip Island) sell decent All weather jackets, with full CE approved Armour for about $100...and according to Ozzieboy, they are a pretty decent jacket...super warm, water-proof, etc, etc...

For a $100!!! :eek:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that Wolfman :) Looking for a place to buy a helmet as well right now so maybe I can kill two crows with one stone (Hang on that sounds cruel ....)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that Wolfman :) Looking for a place to buy a helmet as well right now so maybe I can kill two crows with one stone (Hang on that sounds cruel ....)

Mate, there aint many Crows Left!!! They are either retiring, or getting slaughtered every week on the Footy field!

:D

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the mob.

Bikers Gear Australia

This is the jacket.

View attachment 28468

Has a huge bum pocket, the side pockets are roomy too. Phone pocket on the front, and a inner pocket on the chest. It is long and zips to my Rjays pants (short zip only). Also has the standard issue front pockets to slip your hands into while parked and shooting the ....breeze on a cold day.

A vent across the back as usual (never closed) and two vertical zip up vents in the front (which I've only closed a couple times so far) and even on a 2 degree C night in the hills, I've not worn anything more than a 'T'shirt underneath.

It's got a reasonable amount of reflective piping, and comes in a Red, a dark-ish Blue, bright Green, and black.

One of the best $100 I've spent on bike gear. Very, very happy.:thumbup:

Edit.....It does have a tendency to billow and flap at the back of the shoulders upwards of 180km/h, or at least that's what a friend of a friend's dog's previous owner's lanlord's mother's nephew's teacher's, neighbour said.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the mob.

Bikers Gear Australia

This is the jacket.

View attachment 28468

Has a huge bum pocket, the side pockets are roomy too. Phone pocket on the front, and a inner pocket on the chest. It is long and zips to my Rjays pants (short zip only). Also has the standard issue front pockets to slip your hands into while parked and shooting the ....breeze on a cold day.

A vent across the back as usual (never closed) and two vertical zip up vents in the front (which I've only closed a couple times so far) and even on a 2 degree C night in the hills, I've not worn anything more than a 'T'shirt underneath.

It's got a reasonable amount of reflective piping, and comes in a Red, a dark-ish Blue, bright Green, and black.

One of the best $100 I've spent on bike gear. Very, very happy.:thumbup:

They look pretty decent on too....definitely not like you would expect a $100 bike jacket to look...

:thumbup:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Instead of bringing back my helmet thread will post here instead. Managed to get a AC-12 HJC Carbon helmet ($600) and some Alpinestars riding shoes $180, bought them locally at Dale Brittons, great service, only thing is I received a breath guard add on thingy with it but NFI how it attaches and the manual has nothing about it (Checked HJC Website, google - messaged Wolfman :)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: :thumbup: Might have a gentle persuading word with him :D... Its about time he treated himself i think :BLAA:
XJR1300
PCIII
BEOWULF CAN
RIZOMA HANDLE BAR
RIZOMA BAR ENDS

SPEED TRIPLE
RIZOMA GRIPS
RIZOMA FRONT FLUID RESERVOIR
CARBON FIBER SEAT COWL
HAYNES MANUAL (ok, pushing it a bit now....)

This is all since the beginning of MAY....

PIGS ARSE HE NEEDS TO SPEND MORE MONEY ON HIMSELF :eek:

;)

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought myself a new pair of gloves today , my old Shift gloves were getting a little on the religious side & a tad chilly on these cold winter mornings so i read your reviews & bought something completely different :eek: :spank:... RST's seemed a little 'cheap' to me & the A/Stars were a bit on the thick side for my liking so i settled on a pair of Dririder Velocity :thumbup: Nice cotton lining , slightly vented for summer but not to airy in winter , carbon knuckle protection , kevlar reinforced stitching , kevlar palm & a suede visor swiper... Nice , very nice indeed :) Even went for an hour long squirt to bed them in :D & try out another toy :rockon: Ohh yeah & for $100 i reckon they are great value too...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While i was buying gloves another little 'trick bit' caught my eye... This fine little piece of plastic is genius & they call it Throttle Rocker... Some may have seen it but for those who havent it allows you to operate the throttle with your palm allowing you to rest & strech your fingers/wrists , super easy to fit & use , doesnt hinder operation at all & after 1 hour of riding i'll never be without it again :rockon: All i need now is a longer ride to really enjoy the new found love that is Throttle Rocker... Ohh & did i mention it only $10 :eek: yep thats right $10 so if its not your thing then you havent lost anything :thumbup:... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uyo5NxbMW0]YouTube - Scottoiler Crampbuster[/ame]

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While i was buying gloves another little 'trick bit' caught my eye... This fine little piece of plastic is genius & they call it Throttle Rocker... Some may have seen it but for those who havent it allows you to operate the throttle with your palm allowing you to rest & strech your fingers/wrists , super easy to fit & use , doesnt hinder operation at all & after 1 hour of riding i'll never be without it again :rockon: All i need now is a longer ride to really enjoy the new found love that is Throttle Rocker... Ohh & did i mention it only $10 :eek: yep thats right $10 so if its not your thing then you havent lost anything :thumbup:... YouTube - Scottoiler Crampbuster

I tryed one of these...biggest pile of crap i have ever used...and i only paid $6!!! Ended up throwing it away, half way to PI last year....down right dangerous i reckon, they slip on the throttle after a very short time...watch out Humpy!

Oh, and sorry, i dont mean to rain on your parade! :(

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tryed one of these...biggest pile of crap i have ever used...and i only paid $6!!! Ended up throwing it away, half way to PI last year....down right dangerous i reckon, they slip on the throttle after a very short time...watch out Humpy!

Oh, and sorry, i dont mean to rain on your parade! :(

Not raining on my parade mate , thanks for the heads up :thumbup: I guess thats what this threads for..... Like i said , if the thing does suck in a while then i'll just bin it aswell $10 is no harm done :D

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gloves look great mate, let us know how they perform in the cold please!

I agree with wolfy on the rocker. In theory it's great, you have to really massage it to get the right position. But then if you hit a few corners and it moves a tad, you can find yourself holding on throttle when you weren't meant to. My advice is that if you start hitting some corners with it in place, please cover your clutch with a couple of fingers!

If you are definitely just doing highway kms, then it's not an issue. And a whole lot better than those cheap bolt-on cruise controls imo!