Thank God for Frame Sliders and Ful Leathers.....

TripNip

Men of Mayhem
Reaction score
Visit site
First day off, I'm new to the area I'm living in. I figure I'll go out on the hunt for some twisties.... Found some... One specifically very sharp twist.

Sighted the corner, braking hard for it, off the brakes enter the bend.... **** it's one of those I suddenly get sharper corners. I'm already hard on the lean, I go for more, footpeg scraping harder and harder.... I still need more and then I find the edge of my tyre. Lowside, bike slides away from me. Pictures and more to come when I get home.

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
EXACT same thing happened to me earlier this season. Glad you are ok, that is all that matters.

TripNip

Men of Mayhem
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

So got the bike back to the garage and got damdge priced up and to be honest... It's ridiculous. I'm being charged like £40 for one lever etc...

So I'm going to get the bike delivered back here for cheap (unrideable due to no front brake lever) then source all the parts I need myself.

I'm looking at about around £200, pictures are now being uploaded

Also, my highside leg is hurting rather alot now... Bruised quite badly, must have flipped over or something while sliding.

TripNip

Men of Mayhem
Reaction score
Visit site
In terms of bike damdge I got away soooo lucky...

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I am glad that you are ok!!! I would look for the parts on here if I were you, you never know who will have what. Put another post up listing all of the parts that you need. From the pictures it looks like most of the damage is below the tank/seat. It looks like the frame may have broke where the slider is, did it?

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm afraid to say, I'm with Reed - get the frame checked out as it looks cracked to me ....
Good that you're OK.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
+1^^^ looks like it may be worse than you thought... hopefully you have insurance on the bike you may need it in this case...

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I am glad that you are ok!!! I would look for the parts on here if I were you, you never know who will have what. Put another post up listing all of the parts that you need. From the pictures it looks like most of the damage is below the tank/seat. It looks like the frame may have broke where the slider is, did it?

+1

It looks like that engine mount point in the frame might be cracked I hope its not though :eek:

EDIT looks like I was a typing a little slow everyone else already pointed that out.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your off, glad to hear you are okay.

Yup, the frame looks like it is cracked.

Chickenz

Big Wide B*****d
Reaction score
Visit site
Totally gutted for you Man :(

Coming off is never fun but at least you had the sense to get crash bungs!! They will have saved you a fortune in repairs/damage.

p.s. Did you used to have a YZF R125??

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Could have been worse!

These pictures make me wonder if frame sliders cause more harm then they prevent. Looks like you still have a cracked frame and also a bent frame bolt which will almost certainly strip the threads when removed.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have recently seen supposedly clean frames on eBay, and I think there is a member on here who is parting out a bike including the frame. Take a look around, you may be able to find a replacement...

Glad you made it out ok. Like others have said, bikes and parts and gear are replaceable, but there's only one you...

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S INFUSE using Tapatalk

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
Could have been worse!

These pictures make me wonder if frame sliders cause more harm then they prevent. Looks like you still have a cracked frame and also a bent frame bolt which will almost certainly strip the threads when removed.

from several wreck pics i have seen and bikes in person that have gone down... look to show that sliders that have a change in diameter from the point that touches the frame going to a thicker part that comes in contact with the ground tend to bend a lot more upon impact than a slider that is the same diameter from mount point to the end of them...

pic one showing the more vulnerable slider to bending upon impact vs. the second pic showing one that would have less forgiving bend upon impact based upon no room to allow for any bending...

but any bolt can bend if enough torque is applied from a sudden impact... they really are inteded to save damage in low speed get-offs...

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Good that you're uninjured but damn bike looks like it slammed down hard.

Rear brake helps out a lot in situations like that.