Test: how branded are you?

good pics.

now im interested to hear WHY you would pick those bikes over the fz6 those of you who just posted the model....

i see a lot of naked ducs and faired interceptors. curious why that is. although myself id prob go for the interceptor as well. it is like a bigger brother to the fz6 in what it offers (although it is a totally different bike of course). i think i would own an fz6 again in my life as it is such a great bike, but it would be down the road as one of my bikes past my 6th bike. i plan on owning at least 12 bikes by the time in done buying. timeframe is 16 years. :)

I think it's interesting that the Viffer is favored here too, it's the bike that I wanted to get over the fz6, but my fz was so much cheaper, my wife liked the rear seat better, and it was my first bike. The FZ6 is lighter and easier to maintain, but that 25th Anniversary Interceptor just tickles my fancy. I like the looks of the Street and Speed Triple. Once my wife is ready to move up from her Ninja 250, she'll be moving up to my FZ and I'll get something a little bigger.

As much as I like the VFR, it's too expensive new and too costly to maintain (ever check the valves on a V-Tec?)

Since I just bought my FZ6 and love it, I'd get another. Only other bike I might consider in this price range would be the Bandit 1250S.

If Triumph would hurry up and make a 675 Tiger I'd look REALLY hard at one of those (picture a Steet Triple with FZ6 plastic - that would be a great bike).

Would stay Yamaha 100% Customer service is second to none. not talking shop customer service talking Yamaha motor customer service. have seen Yamaha Warranty bikes that were a few years out of warranty just because they stand behind their products! 2000 Yamaha Venture in 2006 Bent Rod, Yamaha Paid for all parts and part of the labor! Find another company that will do that! Ducati Yeah right.....

As much as I like the VFR, it's too expensive new and too costly to maintain (ever check the valves on a V-Tec?)

Since I just bought my FZ6 and love it, I'd get another. Only other bike I might consider in this price range would be the Bandit 1250S.

If Triumph would hurry up and make a 675 Tiger I'd look REALLY hard at one of those (picture a Steet Triple with FZ6 plastic - that would be a great bike).

I have heared that the VFR is more maintainance intensive. A faired street triple would be very sweet. The bandit seems pretty good, but it weighs more than the VFR and has a tube steel frame, rather than the rigid alluminum frame that our FZ6s have.

Good question lonesoldier! I actually had this opportunity. I used to have an '05 FZ6 but sold it. I really loved the bike but the right offer came along and I took it. After shopping around and researching a bunch of bikes within $1500 of the FZ6, along with talking to owners, and sitting on them all at dealers, I went RIGHT BACK to the FZ6 and got the '08. The Cobalt Blue was the part of the reason, but mostly the ergos, performance, price, and appearance. I really grew to like the black frame which I initially hated when the '06 arrived.

I'm more Blue blood anyway. I've owned Suzuki and Honda and driven Kawasaki. BMW is too pricey. Aprilia loses value far too quickly and the frequent (and mandatory) valve adjustments are TOO expensive! Ducati makes you 50% rider/50% mecahanic. I'm far from ever getting a Harley not that they are bad but because they're over priced and I've always disliked loud bikes.

The biggest reason? Yamaha has NEVER let me down. Go Blue!!!

Last edited:
I'm not especially branded. Honestly I don't really have any interest in the other yamaha bikes....just not my style.

Obviously I would probably go back and look at the FZ line again, but that's boring to talk about.....

I'd probably look really hard at the Versys. I know everyone hates on them, but my buddy has one and it's a damn nifty bike. Probably the biggest selling point is that it's about 2-3 inches taller at the seat which is huge to me (my long legs make the FZ look like a pocket bike).

A real close second would probably be a Vstrom (1000 or 650 ABS). Not sure why, I looked at one the other day at the dealer and it fit well and just felt right. Has some neat features for the touring minded, but isn't a goldwing. Plus it just looks weird, and I think that fits my style.

A distant third would be a KLR 650. I've never ridden dirt, but I think I'd like to have the option to say "**** you road" whenever I wanted.

If I had another grand to spend I'd look real hard at the BMW F800GS for the same reasons as above.

You know, you can tell alot about a riders personality from questions like this.....I like it:thumbup:

Last edited:
Well, I have other 2 wheelers so how's about a Raptor 700R and I'll still have some money left over (just a little) for some upgrades.

When I get the deal sealed on selling my Vulcan classic, I plan on test riding the VFR and the Beemer F800ST, and still considering a larger tourer like the FJ.

I would checkut an R6 but probably plump for another fazer; it seems to fit nicely and does what I want. I've always liked the look and performance of the GSXR, but Suzuki paintwork has a nasty habit of falling off the bike just looking at it.
Given roads, traffic, speed cameras and ever increasing speed cameras in the UK I think I would stay in the 600 neighbourhood.
I just hope I don't find myself in this position.

If the FZ6 was stolen or totalled, I would probably try a ninja 650r or a SV650. I am a bit loyal to yamaha, but I would like to try a different engine configuration. If yamaha made a v-twin or parallel twin sport bike in the USA, I would love to try it. I only have owned two motorcycles which were both powered by I4s. They were both torqueless downlow, but were powerful screamers in the high rpm band. It would be interesting to have an SV or twin ninja to compare.

I would take the BMW F800S or VFR.

The FZ really has a great balance between comfort or performance, I would definitely miss my FZ.

If you park beside a R6 or GSX-R, you chances of being targeted for thief is almost down to ZERO. This is why I love to hang out with my R6 friends. :cheer:

Dont know whether i am branded, but i bought the FZ6 for several reasons, and for those reasons i see the FZ6 as the best value for money in it's class, and would happily replace it with a brand new 2008 model FZ6N, especially in the new white with red racing stripe...although i am a big fan of all black fz6's.

Back