tcmalker's first accident Part III

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
It's funny... the other day was 'bash on TC day', but now i think we're all on the edge of our seat - even the admins who have been too polite to drop a thought on this thread.

We all love the taste of blood, and a good rant, so it's going to be about you or about the cager... we need SOMETHING to rant about...

Please, feed us?

Well he's earned his fair share of bashing. And I myself have had no problem joining in on occasion. But I think it shows the maturity level of the forum that people are laying off now. If you want to post like a squid, you're gonna get flamed. But when you get hit by an SUV, even when it's your fault and you're not hurt, we're not going to kick people when they're down.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't seen any bashing or flaming, TC asked us to watch the clip
and comment on who's fault we thought it was, based on that limited
information most concluded is what the rider's fault, but were waiting to
see what else could have contributed before passing final judgement...
it's been an interesting exercise, and I think maybe we're getting played
a bit? :D anyway, it's been fun so far

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel the rider is at fault here as well. The only time the person making the right turn has to yeild to the one making the left turn is if they have a yield sign, or the light is not green. Rider seemed to have been a little impatient because of the heavy traffic. I know around here crosswalks will say walk even if he left turn arrow is green.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm amazed at how unhelpful everyone is. What about that group of people on the corner? They couldn't help you get the bike up/out of the road? And the people driving around you just couldn't wait to get by, huh? Wow.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On roads with multiple lanes, turning traffic is generally expected to move to the lane closest to the direction they wish to turn. For example, traffic intending to turn right will usually move to the rightmost lane before the intersection. It looks to me like you did not even turn into your correct lane, but tried to skirt around the back of the pedestrians in front of the SUV, and the SUV had the right of way.

My biggest pet peeves, I guarantee that 95% of the people on this forum don't do this, everyone swings wide! Except for me, I will always turn into the nearest lane, it's a habit, I do it instictively along with activitating my turn signals. Do it every single time.

What kind of gear were you wearing? What color? What color is your bike? When riding at night, part of being seen depends greatly on how much reflective gear you are wearing. I not only have and wear reflective gear, but it's also up and down along my front forks.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My biggest pet peeves, I guarantee that 95% of the people on this forum don't do this, everyone swings wide! Except for me, I will always turn into the nearest lane, it's a habit, I do it instictively along with activitating my turn signals. Do it every single time.

Most people in cages as well don't do this as well either..

The helmet cam makes it easier for law enforcement as well...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Most people in cages as well don't do this as well either..

The helmet cam makes it easier for law enforcement as well...

I see cops do it, and just about every driver. Just stand on the corner at an intersection with multiple lanes. Just watch all the right hand turns, they all swing wide. Very rarely they will turn directly into the nearest lane.

When I'm at a red light, taking a left hand turn on a doulble left turn lane the outside, most vehicles on the inside lane will swing wide into my lane assumming that I'm going to be swinging wide into the 3rd lane. Well I don't, I turn into my lane which is the middle lane while I hit my 140 decibel Stebel Horn maintaining my line. I am forcing that vehicle to stay in their lane. I have mentally anticipated that's what they will do so I am prepared what to do, so it's never a surprise.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still think after watching this clip that you're at fault initially. However, the driver of the SUV would/should get hung for leaving the scene of the accident (and I wonder about the driver/passenger switching theory someone else mentioned). Also, not sure if the driver of the cage should be stating that he didn't see you... kinda makes it hard to mount a defense should the accident ever be investigated/admitted to court.

I can't believe that nobody stopped to give you assistance, and that traffic continued to flow almost unimpeded. You're in the middle of the road and there are cars zooming past you. And when you were doing your walk-around, they were only inches away from you :eek:

Anyways, we can all sit here and make judgements towards your 8 month old actions with perfect 20-20 vision. But I'm sure we've all made bad decisions in the past too... I'm glad that both you and your bike made out ok, and that nobody was seriously injured.

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate not good to see good your ok same comment as above whats with the wankers all beeping there horns and driving by its like they are saying get of the road and die somewhere else. i would of been out of my car to check on ya. hopefully not to much damage to the bike and how did the ogio stealth bag hold up haha

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
We want part i!!!

I don't think there's enough demand for Part I...yet. Tell you what, once I get 10 'Thanks' for this particular post, Part I will be posted.

as of 04 June 2011, only one Thanks so far...you guys know you can remove thanks later right?

Last edited:

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Glad you're ok TC! If this was in the UK, and the green filter arrow for you was on, then the car driver shouldn't have gone. But also, you should always give way to pedestrians even if it's on green for you to go, no matter how stupid they are for crossing and how much you'd like to mow them down for being in the way, you must wait. If there was no filter light and its just green, then you must wait until there is absolutely no cars across from you oncoming or turning right and no pedestrians, before you make the turn.

Glad you come off relatively uninjured and I can't believe how ignorant and selfish the other peds and car drivers were. Honking you!! How rude! No-one helped. Those people in the video should be ashamed with themselves.

Remember, hi vis reflective gear at night!

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think there's enough demand for Part I...yet. Tell you what, once I get 10 'Thanks' for this particular post, Part I will be posted.

Please-don-t-feed-the-trolls-atsof-547660_170_186.jpg

We don't negotiate with trolls.

The reason no one is demanding to see part one is because it's irrelevant. Part two starts before you entered the intersection. It's difficult to believe that anything that took place before that had any impact on your accident.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Please-don-t-feed-the-trolls-atsof-547660_170_186.jpg

We don't negotiate with trolls.

The reason no one is demanding to see part one is because it's irrelevant. Part two starts before you entered the intersection. It's difficult to believe that anything that took place before that had any impact on your accident.

You're right. No Part I due to The Dude.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site

What kind of gear were you wearing? What color? What color is your bike? When riding at night, part of being seen depends greatly on how much reflective gear you are wearing. I not only have and wear reflective gear, but it's also up and down along my front forks.

Honestly, I think it's no biggie as long as it's clear. Myself, if I see even one car at the other corner waiting to turn right(like in the vid), no way, I'm going into the closest lane, car and moto alike. I believe most people in cars don't do it "properly" for two reasons : 1. Laziness. It takes too much effort to turn the wheel that far. That energy can be saved for the scary and exhausting parking lots(their POV, not mine). 2. G-forces are the single most terrifying experience, aside from someone going by you over the speed limit. Seriously, most people can't stand anything more than .15G. Just watch them next time your're out. You'll see them making a right turn at 5mph, and they'll lean way over, especially with their head, as if to counter that scary .05G. LOL!!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, I think it's no biggie as long as it's clear. Myself, if I see even one car at the other corner waiting to turn right(like in the vid), no way, I'm going into the closest lane, car and moto alike. I believe most people in cars don't do it "properly" for two reasons : 1. Laziness. It takes too much effort to turn the wheel that far. That energy can be saved for the scary and exhausting parking lots(their POV, not mine). 2. G-forces are the single most terrifying experience, aside from someone going by you over the speed limit. Seriously, most people can't stand anything more than .15G. Just watch them next time your're out. You'll see them making a right turn at 5mph, and they'll lean way over, especially with their head, as if to counter that scary .05G. LOL!!

I agree, laziness! But in most states and countries, it's the law! You must turn into your nearest lane. You can get cited for using multiple lanes to turn and failure to maintain a lane. But nobody ever gets cited for this.

They should just have a plain clothed cop standing on the corner just calling in all the cars making the illegal turns and have a bunch of traffic officers pulling them over down the street. I think this would generate more money than speeding tickets, just because the frequency of this violation is so much greater than singleling out speeders.

I only watched the video once, but if the driver did swing wide versus turning into his immediate lane, maybe these two would have never collided. I would have to watch the video again and observe how many lanes the street that they were turning into had.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
As I said before:

The onus is on you, the driver or operator wishing to turn left, to have due regard for any approaching traffic and pedestrians crossing the roadway, and to ensure that your vehicle does not collide with any other vehicles, or endanger the lives of any pedestrians. PERIOD

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site