tcmalker's first accident

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally released to the public! This is actually part II. There will be part I (prequel) and part III (sequel & finale) to be posted later. Just like Star Wars, I'm releasing part II first.

YouTube - ‪Motorcycle Accident - who's at fault?‬‏

according to this video you are 100% at fault. the light was green no turn arrow and the pedestrians were in the cross walk because it was still in the walk mode. until it finishes counting down and it is a solid red hand pedestrians have the right away. I personally would have made a right at that intersection and turned around and went straight across. The pedestrians had a walk light because the light that was green is parallel to the cross walk.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't seen part 3, but I like this video just because it kind of reminds me of the Vegas strip, but multiply the pedistrians by x 100 and replace the cars with impatient cab and limo drivers, or drivers who are essentially tourist who are gawking at everything and not paying attention.

This is a scenario that I go through all the time whenever I'm down at the strip. In your situation Tcmalker, I would have covered the horn and then used it. I would have also payed more attention to the other driver who you ended up colliding with because that car should have been identified as one of your Hazards.

This is a great example in your mental failure to know how, where and what to look for results in a crash, regardless who's at fault. This had very little to do with your physical skills.

I've also been known to send out a very loud message that VEGASRIDER is coming through by rolling on my throttle to about 8000rpms and let my Remus Exhaust clear an opening for me since the pedistrians seems to just ignore the wait signal. They all start running LOL..

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to see you down. I hate driving around the city with tourists and people who does not respect the lights, plus taxi/cage drivers

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
OP-

looks like you avoided the WHITE vehicle, as it accelerated pretty quick afer you started your turn, then the dark SUV blocked your path.

wrongs:

sitting in an intersection (sometimes we all get trapped there)

not giving the dark SUV a bigger clearance

turning left on green instead of three RIGHTS and then straight

man, hope you're ok- in crowded crap like this i really like taking right turns around the world if i have to. cars are incredibly unpredictable, and pededstrians when there are this many around. :(

post up an 'UPDATE" in your first post if/when you get a chance. btw, i'm not condeming you, you helped us all be safer by posting the videos. thanks for that, i learned myself. cheers !

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
By this clip tcmalker, it looks like you are to blame. As somebody mentioned earlier, it appears as though you are turning into the far (outside) lane from the near (inside) lane through the intersection to avoid foot traffic, and then the SUV turned into the same lane at the same time. Hope you are your bike are 'ok' and that there were no hot chicks in the pedestrian group to see your off! :BLAA:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
From what I can see the lane everyone is going to is a single lane...

In the state of Florida(25+years law enforcement experiance including traffic enforcement):

The car making the right has the right of way (un-less the motorcyle has a GREEN ARROW to turn left).

Should there be two lanes everyones headed for, the car would have to stay in the right lane, the motorcycle after turning, the left lane..

And yes, it appears both vehicles are in a hurry and way too close to the pedestrians. A very easily avoidable accident... Live and learn..

Glad your ok, vehicles can be fixed/replaced...

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
In my option no matter what is in "part 3" you put yourself and the people in that cross walk at risk. The SUV was an obvious hazard to you and you were a hazard to the people walking. You obviously cut it kind of close to the woman walking across, I think you may have cut it so close that you were watching as not to hit her which made you hit the SUV. The SUV did have the right of way unless there was a special circumstance in that intersection that we are not aware of, but even so you still hit him as much a he hit you. Glad everyone was alright, good luck on the repairs.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
I'm outside the US, so i can't comment on specific laws, you guys are even on the wrong side of the road!!!

But IMHO, bike's fault. SUV had right of way, since he is oncoming traffic. He had been very patient waiting for peds, but obviously would take the first chance. Biker put himself where he shouldn't have been, should perhaps have pulled to the side of the SUV instead, almost shadowing him, then overtaking once clear.

That being said, ouch!