Taking the BRC2 tomorrow

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good advice for any rider. We humans like things exciting and looking down or too close makes things happen fast and exciting. Looking ahead slows everything down giving more time and space to react. It's not something we do naturally and needs to be practiced all the time, like when driving, walking, running, bicycling-all good practice for keeping your eyes up and looking ahead.
Relaxing our arms and our grip permits the fine muscle control for the finese needed for throttle control and smooth braking.

Glad your experience was positive and thanks for sharing it. :thumbup:

We preach on keeping our heads and eye's up, but why do motorcycle manufacturer's contradict this by putting their instrument panels on the gas tanks, primarily you would find them on cruisers. Bugged the crap out of me when I was riding the Yamaha 1600 Roadstar for a while back in Vegas. I always find myself looking down to see how fast I was going or to verify my turn indicators were on or off, etc.

Same principal for distracted driving, or also known as texting while driving. Car manufactures combining with technology are inserting features on the dashboard such as GPS, computers, etc that requires the driver to look down, taking their eyes off the road by making them read. You can glance down and see your speedometer or see what station your stereo is tuned to which only takes a half a second. But in order to see some of the new dashboards, it requires you to read!

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Good point, Vegas! We are starting to see advances in this area with heads-up displays in cagers and helmets. I haven't used one but they appear to be a pretty good idea and allow us to keep our head up while getting the information we need.

Yep, I get terribly irked at the texters. They just scare the ever-liven heck out of me! It seems like we have a fatality every week as a result - head on collisions.