Swingarm frame plugs for the FZ6

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooternauman

Reaction score
Visit site
Boneman, I took a look at your website before I purchased the JSpeed plugs. I really like your site and got some good ideas for future mods I want to do to my FZ6.

Yes, Daybreaker's plug is cheaper than $95, but it's also just one side. Combine the cost of the $35 for his plug and $45 for the Yamaha plug, $95 isn't such a bad deal to get matched plugs. I think the extra $$ I spent to get matched plugs was def worth it.

I'll snap some pictures of my J-Speed plugs and do a review when I'm done with work today.

A question for BostonFZ6'R about those J-Speed plugs... How well does that threaded rod hold those plugs together? It seems to make alot more sense than plastic anchors. As far as Daybreakers plug... No offence but definatly not my style, looks like a $35 washer to me.But to each their own.

BostonFZ6'R

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys here is my writeup on the J-Speed plugs, not really sure how to do this but here we go!

When I received the package from J-Speed, it contained (2) swingarm plugs and a section of threaded rod. The threaded rod was already attached to the left-hand plug and I could see a small amount of red Loctite in the threads of the threaded rod.

Installation was very simple, didn't even require any beer breaks! All I had to do was slide the left-hand plug/rod assembly through the left side of the swingarm mount and tighten the right-side swingarm cover onto the threaded rod. Also, there is black rubber/felt material on the inside of both plugs that looks like it helps seal out water, dirt, and small animals.

After a few days of riding, neither plug has loosened and I think they look very nice. Really cleans up the frame. Overall, money well spent! I have attached some before/after pictures.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Those DO look great! But there's just no way I could justify $95 for something that cosmetic. If I had money to throw around, though, I'd definitely think about it!

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Is it me or do both of these sound like an advertisement? Maybe I just need my coffee...

You're right! :thumbup:

Call me a cynic "You're a cynic" but the pictures on Boston's post are the same as those on the J-Speed web site... same bike, same pictures... :D

In fact, 70% of Boston's posts promote the clamps and ALL of Scooternauman's do so.....

Last edited:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

Call me a cynic "You're a cynic" but the pictures on Boston's post are the same as those on the J-Speed web site... same bike, same pictures... :D

In fact, 70% of Boston's posts promote the clamps and ALL of Scooternauman's do so.....

so you noticed that, too?

BostonFZ6'R

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, it does looks like J-Speed and I have a similar bike in that we both have 2005 FZ6's. Was the bike really rare? When I was bike shopping I saw plenty of FZ6's in the area that were blue with a silver frame. I see bikes on this website in the For Sale section that look similar to my bike as well.

Scooter, please don't be a hating on people from Boston. Sure we have a funny accent, but we're not bad people!

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site

:D Funny... I didn't notice till I went back and looked again, the scuffs and scratches are even the same LOL .. good call.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
If they're vendors, there's no need to be sneaky about it.
Just be honest and straightforward.
Other vendors have approach this forum with products.
There's obviously a demand for the product.

They just got greedy.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Ok, something fishy is definately going on here and I'm not impressed.

I have reviewed both sets of images and they are of the same bike, without question. Being a graphics guy comes in handy sometimes.

So, Mr. BostonFZ6'R, I suggest you PM me ASAP and explain yourself. Either you have pics of the J-speed bike or they are using pics of yours, but don't sit here and tell me(us) that they are not the same.

This thread is now closed until the Admins have a chance to further discuss and review this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.