sunny day test of the helmet cam

seth0941

THE REAPER
Reaction score
Visit site
test 2 of the helmet cam. roads are wet and i slip a lil bit witch you can see if you look for it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jMdLN6wfQ"]YouTube - 130+ mph ride in the rain[/ame]​

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You're crazy going 100 plus on those roads, especially when its wet. Way too many entry points for vehicles to pull out in front of you. Even I wouldn't be expecting anything to approach me at that rate of speed. R.I.P.

J

jsteinb95

Cool vid.....made me a bit nervous. Just be careful man. :thumbup:

S

sportrider

I can't wait tell Defyinertia see this!!!
good quality camera though, I want to get one to record my rides also. I want to mount it on the bars to get a view of the speedo. what type of mounts came with your camera?

seth0941

THE REAPER
Reaction score
Visit site
good quality camera though, I want to get one to record my rides also. I want to mount it on the bars to get a view of the speedo. what type of mounts came with your camera?

nothing that would work on our bars. but there is a good few.

i am goingto make a mount that will do just that.

S

sportrider

I made a camera mount for a small handicam camcorder that used a hose clamp to hold it to the bars. it worked but the video was very shakey because of the weight of the camera. I want to find a camera that doesn't weigh a ton that doesn't cost too much.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice video, it looks good in the sunny weather other than it puts a black spot over the sun. but good video, no vibrations, and decent sound (not all wind)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice vid, very stable camera, I'm impressed with the set up.
without sounding boring watch yourself, It's fine when there aren't any side roads etc, but you obviously know the roads in your neck of the woods.
Looking forward to other vids :thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice quality video you just need to edit out the boring parts.

You're crazy going 100 plus on those roads, especially when its wet. Way too many entry points for vehicles to pull out in front of you. Even I wouldn't be expecting anything to approach me at that rate of speed. R.I.P.

+1

Crazy, selfish, call it what you want most all of us have done it at some point (usually as a newb) but many of us have realized how stupid this is before something bad happened. Time for the track! :thumbup:

Ha!
________
Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

Last edited:

seth0941

THE REAPER
Reaction score
Visit site
What size bit did you use to drill out your exhaust?

1.5" bit. and yes i woild love to take it to the track!

and you all have probably seen me take my ride test and are thinking that i am new or somthing. i have been riding from the age of 16 and i am 30 now. i had to retake the test do to the fack that i let it expire. thanx to you all for thimking of my safty, sometimes you need a slap on the rist.

check out this web site.Live to Ride - Ride to DIE

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
and you all have probably seen me take my ride test and are thinking that i am new or somthing. i have been riding from the age of 16 and i am 30 now.

That and the way you were riding etc.

I'm not too concerned about YOUR safety, more for the other people/kids/dogs etc. minding their own business. Ok ok, I'll shut up now...not trying to preach or be a drag.

Getting on the track is pretty easy. Are you anywhere near Kent, WA?

NESBA : Tracks We Ride
________
E Cigarette Shop

Last edited:

seth0941

THE REAPER
Reaction score
Visit site
That and the way you were riding etc.

I'm not too concerned about YOUR safety, more for the other people/kids/dogs etc. minding their own business. Ok ok, I'll shut up now...not trying to preach or be a drag.

Getting on the track is pretty easy. Are you anywhere near Kent, WA?

NESBA : Tracks We Ride

i am a ways off, i am down at exit 88 off of I5

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
NICE ....good quality video.... when you move your head up it looks like a wheelie...

I have to echo the safety concerns... .I have had my bike up to 130+ so I am not just crabby.... but please for your sake and those who share your roads pick a better place to let it out.

no cross roads or points of entry.... when I did my speed run I prerode the section of road for Cops/ debris/ possible people either walking or hunting along side the road etc..... then rolled back to my starting point and Let her rip.... never even made it to 6th ... that was fast enough I saw 132 once I let off..... what a rush.

dangerous yes... to a point ... but I did mitigate some of the risk

have fun and be safe