Sunday, July 5th ride?

I'm back! 12 hours out and about in NH and VT. Met a lot of new faces from another forum.

Thanks to Rob and Keira for leading me back to their house! It was a great ride for most. Before we got out of NH, there were two accidents and one speeding ticket.

First accident, one of the group riders pulled out onto a main road right in front of Vivian. Now, Vivian (we know this as it was painted on her helmet) is with a lady friend, both riding their own Honda cruisers. They were on their way to Maine from Wisconsin. Poor Vivian hit the skids and stopped with a slight bump to our rider.... then she just toppled over! I'm not sure but I think it trapped her foot. Several of our guys got the bike up, got Vivian up and out of the road. We then found out Vivian is 86 years old! :D She was Ok, shaken a bit. Neither bike was damaged save a couple of scratches. Vivian wanted to get back on her bike and just go! The group calmed her down and talked to her and held her there to gather herself.

While this was happening, the front half of the group was already up at the next intersection waiting. The leader came back to check on the rest of the group. On his way back to the lead group, he got nailed for speeding.

The second accident, I don't know what happened. I cam upon a downed rider with a few stopping around him. I pulled off and me and one other grabbed his bike and picked it up off the road. The guy was OK, wearing full leathers and all the right gear but his leg leather was tore up as well as his toe protector on his right boot worn clean off and into the boot. The slider on his bike, a BRAND NEW Ducati 1098 Streetfighter, did a good job at saving his stuff. His rearset was bent and the rear brake was sticking. He ended up leaving the group and riding home with only the front brake and barely any peg to put a foot on.

We made it to the BBQ place after that and the line was LONG! By the time we sat down with our food, the rest of the group was ready to leave. We'd been on the fence about continuing with them anyway. Cheryl and Michele were splitting off with their friend John who was at the BBQ place to meet them. Ron, Keira and I left to go our own way and ended up back at their house.

Eventful but fun for the most part. There were some typical hooligans in the group and a few that just didn't understand group riding or stagger.

The rest of my ride home was uneventful and pleasant... I took all back roads from Rob's to my house. :D Glad to be resting up now!

good write up and i agree that for Ribs cooked out of a bus restaurant they should have been much better, but they did the trick.

That streetfighter is a beautiful bike, but after talking to a few people about the rider i found out that it is NOT in capable hands, he got it by totaling his "Old" Ducati 848 :spank::ban:. Any which way it could have been much worse for both incidents no injuries and we met Vivian who is the coolest old lady that i have ever met.

I was beat last night after riding around all day and 6 hours on Friday!

What a great weekend!!!

It was definitely an interesting and eventful ride. I did enjoy seeing a little more of NH and was proud of myself that I recognized a few of the roads that Keira took us on a couple of days before. The barbecue was just so/so but eating definitely improved my mood (LOL). I had no idea that John (JJP XX) was going to meet us and am glad that he got the opportunity to meet Eric, Keira and Rob - now you know who does all the work on my bike :)

God Bless Vivian and I want to be just like her when I'm 86!

John, Michele and I had an uneventful ride home - I was very tired and grateful that John showed so that I didn't need to lead on the way home.

It really was an awesome trip - about 800 miles total. I will be back to see more of NH this summer.

I did take a few pics of the ride and will post them later, I was too tired last night and am at work now. :)

Yes, the rider totaled his 848 this year then drops a brand new 1098? I'm thinking Rebel 250 for him at this juncture. He's got too much bike and no riding experience/skills at all.

I'm glad that we all came out unscathed, especially the group we know personally.

And how about that Motard rider? OMG! Learn to group ride BEFORE you attend one... read up at least! Her's a guy on a more than capable Duc for super carving who SLOWS for corners (more than you can imagine), cannot figure out a line, missed all apexes, cut off his staggered riders, left a "man-open" position in the line... I could go on and on.... :spank:

[/rant]

Still a great day even with the mishaps and n00bs! :rockon:

Thanks for the rant Eric - I was trying not to! :D

That guy on the Motard really ticked me off, he cut me off more than once because for some reason he NEEDED to be in front of me, combined with all the other rude and unsafe things you mentioned I was ready to smack him upside the head with my helmet (hey, I need a new one after the crash anyway) by the time we got to the barbecue place. :rant: oops! I feel a little better though.

Ok I'm done now :)

Ducdave's rides can sometimes be too big and you don't know what kind of riders will attend. It's like a box of chocolates... LOL

I'm glad you all made it safely.

Yeah, and we were stuck with all the ones that were nuts! :D

Perhaps a smaller ride is in order with a more refined group? Time to plan a New England FZ ride (other bikes welcomed of course!)

I just read DucDave's report on NESR and the rest of the day was uneventful for them, thankfully! Seems they got stuck in heavy traffic and the ride was less spirited but still great with the weather and scenery. After my morning ride out and the long way 'round to get home, I logged 339 miles yesterday. Can't wait to do it again! Segue, you coming this trip? :rockon:

I would be up for a ride. I just need some advanced notice since I work a lot of the weekends. 99% of my riding has been commuting into Boston. 8-(

Yes, the rider totaled his 848 this year then drops a brand new 1098? I'm thinking Rebel 250 for him at this juncture. He's got too much bike and no riding experience/skills at all.

Actually, I think he needs an 1198 and dyno tuning so he break 175hp at the crank...:spank:

Yeah, and we were stuck with all the ones that were nuts! :D

Perhaps a smaller ride is in order with a more refined group? Time to plan a New England FZ ride (other bikes welcomed of course!)

I just read DucDave's report on NESR and the rest of the day was uneventful for them, thankfully! Seems they got stuck in heavy traffic and the ride was less spirited but still great with the weather and scenery. After my morning ride out and the long way 'round to get home, I logged 339 miles yesterday. Can't wait to do it again! Segue, you coming this trip? :rockon:

I must! When and where?;)

Well, I'll start a new thread in the Northeast forum with a poll on available weekends. :D

I'm back! 12 hours out and about in NH and VT. Met a lot of new faces from another forum.

Thanks to Rob and Keira for leading me back to their house! It was a great ride for most. Before we got out of NH, there were two accidents and one speeding ticket.

First accident, one of the group riders pulled out onto a main road right in front of Vivian. Now, Vivian (we know this as it was painted on her helmet) is with a lady friend, both riding their own Honda cruisers. They were on their way to Maine from Wisconsin. Poor Vivian hit the skids and stopped with a slight bump to our rider.... then she just toppled over! I'm not sure but I think it trapped her foot. Several of our guys got the bike up, got Vivian up and out of the road. We then found out Vivian is 86 years old! :D She was Ok, shaken a bit. Neither bike was damaged save a couple of scratches. Vivian wanted to get back on her bike and just go! The group calmed her down and talked to her and held her there to gather herself.

While this was happening, the front half of the group was already up at the next intersection waiting. The leader came back to check on the rest of the group. On his way back to the lead group, he got nailed for speeding.

The second accident, I don't know what happened. I cam upon a downed rider with a few stopping around him. I pulled off and me and one other grabbed his bike and picked it up off the road. The guy was OK, wearing full leathers and all the right gear but his leg leather was tore up as well as his toe protector on his right boot worn clean off and into the boot. The slider on his bike, a BRAND NEW Ducati 1098 Streetfighter, did a good job at saving his stuff. His rearset was bent and the rear brake was sticking. He ended up leaving the group and riding home with only the front brake and barely any peg to put a foot on.

We made it to the BBQ place after that and the line was LONG! By the time we sat down with our food, the rest of the group was ready to leave. We'd been on the fence about continuing with them anyway. Cheryl and Michele were splitting off with their friend John who was at the BBQ place to meet them. Ron, Keira and I left to go our own way and ended up back at their house.

Eventful but fun for the most part. There were some typical hooligans in the group and a few that just didn't understand group riding or stagger.

The rest of my ride home was uneventful and pleasant... I took all back roads from Rob's to my house. :D Glad to be resting up now!

Crashes and everything! Are you serious! Boy you guys sure know how to party.... not sure I am up for this kind of excitement.

Crashes and everything! Are you serious! Boy you guys sure know how to party.... not sure I am up for this kind of excitement.

Let's just suffice to say that there were some riders that lacked proper skills on that ride. We had some real n00bs there that did not have a clue how to participate in a group event and the size of this one was daunting for a few.

I can promise that the N.E. meet is much better about teaching folks how to keep it safe. :D

Back