Stock Throttle Tube Plastic Washer

Herkguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed the G2 throttle tamer today for a HUGE improvement (on sale right now 20% off with free shipping!) Anyway, when I removed the the stock thottle tube it had a thin plastic washer/ring on the cam end that I assume was to keep the throttle cables aligned on the cam. Since a washer/plastic ring was not included with the G2 tube, I didn't put the stock one on it either. Is this thing required? The throttle seems work fine without the washer, just not sure if the cable will stay put. Thanks.

Installed the G2 throttle tamer today for a HUGE improvement (on sale right now 20% off with free shipping!) Anyway, when I removed the the stock thottle tube it had a thin plastic washer/ring on the cam end that I assume was to keep the throttle cables aligned on the cam. Since a washer/plastic ring was not included with the G2 tube, I didn't put the stock one on it either. Is this thing required? The throttle seems work fine without the washer, just not sure if the cable will stay put. Thanks.

That large plastic washer is supposed to be inbetween the switch housing and the throttle grip itself. Its just basically to keep the two from dragging up against each other.

When installed correctly, you should be able to see it just inside the edge of the the throttle grip, the washer, then the switch housing...

The throttle cables won't jump off but if the flared end of the grip is right up against the housing, it'll cause some extra drag...

Last edited:
Thanks guys...G2 is saying that washer is a spacer for the stock grip so the stock throttle won't move side to side. Worked great on commute today, highly reccomended.

Back