Springs & oil from 'Shock Treatment' (NSW)

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Gday Guys,
I very recently got my springs and oil replaced from folk out in Wallacia (Shock Treatment) and I was really impressed with the work. I rode in first thing, and in approx. an hour the work was done. Racetech springs (.9kg) installed, and 15wt oil. 3 Blokes all working very efficiently to get the bike completed, and also measured the sag as well.
The effect is amazing (Note that this is on an '04 that I don't believe has been touched in the fork department...). Steering and braking is sharper due to a lot less dive, acceleration is more even (this is also dependant on the rider also :D), and my confidence on the bike has increased enormously = even more enjoyment!
Really professional service and work ethic. Would not hesitate recommending them.
Terry was also nice enough to point me down to Burragorang. Beautiful!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's good to know. I am going to do my front springs in a few weeks. I already have them Ohlins but have not put them in yet. I'm waiting to get new rubber and do it all at once. Australia looks like Oregon. Thanks,

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you got a lovely setup there MXGolf.:thumbup: 3 Years on fork oil (I believe) is the norm, so it sounds like you're due. 7 Years on mine and the difference was outstanding. To add, I also went from progressive to a linear spring.

I'd like to echo a lot of people who note that this is (and, in my humble opinion, should be) the first mod people do.

Out of curiosity, are the springs on later models any better than the '04 original? (I get the impression that Yamaha don't really deliver too well in the fork department.)

Last edited: