Speedometer going crazy!!!!

Paulito

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 2004, and no problem with electrical or any kind, but suddenly, my left turn signal star blink fast and my speedometer has half of the number.
Any clue?? anyone pass thru the same nightmare?
IMG_6512.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got your PMs...
Off hand the items seem unrelated but there is more to it.
Are the turn signals stock incandescent and do they work front and rear?

Fast blink is often times caused by a reduced load LEDs or bad incandescent bulb(s) so remove the bulbs at both ends and very the elements are ok (front) and element is intact rear. Clean sockets, report of anything odd like moisture damage.

As for the Gauge; I would start by disconnecting the plug-in's at the gauge and in the fairing. Inspect for damage, burning, any discoloration, and possble growth of organic matter.

Let us know what you find. If nothing is found remove the gauge and the screws from the back and perform the same inspection on the circuit board. There should be NO burns, blackness, organic growth, strange colors, etc.

A couple years back I repaired one for another member after c0ckroaches crapped in it. The humid conditions turned the pooh into acid which opened up some of the connections so the gauge no longer worked...

Paulito

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks body ,I will proceed as u mention and report it .Makes me upset when something on my baby doesn't work.

Fawlty

Reaction score
Visit site
Just another thought, at some point you may like to check that the battery is receiving enough charge from the electrical system/stator.