Speed Compensation

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
So I recently saw on a post that the speedo is off...I was wondering if there was any specific sheet or if anyone new of a gradient chart that showed how much the speedo is off from 0-75, 90, 100, 150mph?

I noticed a few times that I would be driving down the highway (usually the flow is about 70 ish) and to keep up the speedo would show about 75 to 80 mph. Anyone know?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I recently saw on a post that the speedo is off...I was wondering if there was any specific sheet or if anyone new of a gradient chart that showed how much the speedo is off from 0-75, 90, 100, 150mph?

I noticed a few times that I would be driving down the highway (usually the flow is about 70 ish) and to keep up the speedo would show about 75 to 80 mph. Anyone know?

That's about right and the FZ6 is not the only bike that does this. My SV1000s is off and about the same at 70 MPH.
The error is not linear so you might take a GPS with you and log your own chart.

You can get a speedo healer to have the correct reading on you instrument cluster.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
tbh its best that you think you are going at a higher speed....that way you dont get pulled over if you keep it reasonable and responsible.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had 3 bikes in the course of a year now. All 3 have thrown about an extra 8-10% onto the speedo. easiest way to check is to find one of those meters that tells you your speed as you drive by and check it with your speedo (or match speed with a car)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
.... . . . . easiest way to check is to find one of those meters that tells you your speed as you drive by and check it with your speedo (or match speed with a car)

OR - the road markers that are exactly one mile apart and time yourself. Example -> 60mph = 60sec . . . in one minute you should travel 1 mile.

- here is another option.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...ead-rpm-gear-sprockets-tire-actual-speed.html

Best done by actually measuring the rolling distance your tire is right now or use the default tires size.