Southern Cali Riders: My Bike and I crave a ride...

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I know Danny was planning a ride but I haven't heard much since then...

I'm down to ride next Saturday, September 20th early in the morning. You guys want to meet up in Redlands, Denny's to hit up Big Bear again? GMR, Azusa is good too. Please post up. I'll do my best to keep up the tempo. If my best is not good enough we can always split in to two groups; Fast and a Slower group.

You guys OK with September 20th? :mikebike:

Last edited:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yessir!

September 20th Sportrider, thanks for the correction. I know you are about to move, but if you are interested we can get this thread rolling.

S

sportrider

Big Bear works for me, I want to get up there at least one more time before the weather goes to crap

S

sportrider

Oh, there will be more than one more time we ride up there. Come on...
this is true, I think we should go up the 38 again and come down the 330 this time or vice versa(how ever thats spelled)

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Big Bear it is. Let's make sure we stop by IN Big Bear, sit down, grab a bite to eat and enjoy the fresh air and scenery this time around ;)

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
this is true, I think we should go up the 38 again and come down the 330 this time or vice versa(how ever thats spelled)

330 is the tighter route coming down the west side of the mountain right? I always get the 330 and 18 mixed up.

I am fighting that speeding ticket BTW that I got coming down the 18. He clocked me at 72 in a 55, wrote the ticket for 70 in a 65 instead. I am contesting it by written declaration (written battle instead of in person). Good chance it will get thrown out this way since the cops don't get paid anything extra to fill out the paperwork, as opposed to the time and a half that they get for showing up in court.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Southern Cali Riders: Head Count

Alright, I know it's a dull Monday but we have a ride coming up this Saturday to Big Bear.
So far we have:
sportrider
KindredGhost
myself
rsw81
(you in?)

Anyone else post up to ride.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Big Bear it is. Let's make sure we stop by IN Big Bear, sit down, grab a bite to eat and enjoy the fresh air and scenery this time around ;)

That's the reason I went on the last group ride from the first place. To stop at the lake, take in the scenery and grab some good local grub.

Instead, it was a freaking speeding contest to see how fast we could zip thru Big Bear Lake. I was thinking WTF the whole time as we cruised alongside the lake.

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
330 is the tighter route coming down the west side of the mountain right? I always get the 330 and 18 mixed up.

I am fighting that speeding ticket BTW that I got coming down the 18. He clocked me at 72 in a 55, wrote the ticket for 70 in a 65 instead. I am contesting it by written declaration (written battle instead of in person). Good chance it will get thrown out this way since the cops don't get paid anything extra to fill out the paperwork, as opposed to the time and a half that they get for showing up in court.

Holy crap!!! Good to know!!!

KG

S

sportrider

Re: Southern Cali Riders: Head Count

yes, the 330 drops you into highland. it's a good road.

Alright, I know it's a dull Monday but we have a ride coming up this Saturday to Big Bear.
So far we have:
sportrider
KindredGhost
myself
rsw81
(you in?)

Anyone else post up to ride.
I'm going to try and get some new tires installed today, it shouldn't be a problem but for some reason I don't get them before Saturday I may not end up going. the tires I have now are the OEM's and with over 5300 miles on them they're done. I'll confirm later:thumbup:

S

sportrider

Hey Nimzo, what time are you setting this thing up for?

what is the route your planning?

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Meet up @ 8:00AM in the Redlands Denny's - sound reasonable?
If your new tires are in place by then, lets plan to have our side stands up and be rolling out by 8:15 AM.

Cheers. Post up with an update on your tires.

S

sportrider

OK I'm CONFIRMED!!!!!! see ya at Denny's at 8:00:thumbup::D

I'm bringing a guy from the R1 forums also:D