I think I freaked a Seller off of craigslist.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in market for exhaust mods and want to listen to the sound personally than from YouTube Videos.
I checked on craigslist for nearby FZ6 sellers and noticed one guy have TB installed on his bike (that bike is so good, you buy it and drive it, nice deal, low miles, integrated tail lights, and he has all the stock items too).
So, I messaged him whether the bike is still available or not, that I want to hear the sound personally, I also mentioned I will not ride the bike, but want to hear the sound.
I think this is where he got freaked out and said "No, Thank You":spank::spank:.
Now please tell me a way where I can hear the sound, so I can purchase one for myself.

I'm new to own a bike in USA and new to Charlotte, so, I didn't sign up for any biker's clubs or I don't have much friends who are riders..!
I can ride up to 150 miles over the weekend to hear the sound(good for my vehicle too, as i ride <5 miles per day), have a chat/meet/talk with you while you have some beer(I think I creep you guys now :ban:).

I like to find new friends who are riders..!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I can imagine that a seller wanting to sell his bike was not interested in meeting up with someone who was not interested in buying but just wanted to waste his time to hear the way the bike sounded with that exhaust. Blah

There are certainly lots of videos on youtube of the FZ6 with different exhausts and new audio recording technology makes them sound very much true to reality.

What is a "TB exhaust"?

seansi

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I can imagine that a seller wanting to sell his bike was not interested in meeting up with someone who was not interested in buying but just wanted to waste his time to hear the way the bike sounded with that exhaust. Blah

There are certainly lots of videos on youtube of the FZ6 with different exhausts and new audio recording technology makes them sound very much true to reality.

What is a "TB exhaust"?

Probably Two Brothers

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, Twin Brothers.:D
Yes, I'm so stupid, I didn't think it in that angle, he is selling and I'm asking to do a show for me..!:shakehead:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought mine, never heard them, never heard of the brand either. Wasn't a member here either.

My local shop, where I've known the owner for about 3 decades, recommended them from experiance with other bikes/pipes.

I later found out they have a lifetime warranty for the original owner, and are about the ONLY pipes that DON'T require re-packing.

Just more iceing on the cake. BTW, love the sound, deep in the lower RPMs(not annoying), lets you know your coming in the higher RPM's... :thumbup:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought mine, never heard them, never heard of the brand either. Wasn't a member here either.

My local shop, where I've known the owner for about 3 decades, recommended them from experiance with other bikes/pipes.

I later found out they have a lifetime warranty for the original owner, and are about the ONLY pipes that DON'T require re-packing.

Just more iceing on the cake. BTW, love the sound, deep in the lower RPMs(not annoying), lets you know your coming in the higher RPM's... :thumbup:
Yeah IF I ever got an aftermarket exhaust I'd get the Scorpions because of the no BS babysitting they wouldn't keep needing over time like glass packs. Shouldn't an exhaust just work? ESPECIALLY with how overpriced motorcycle exhausts are.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
you can not go wrong with buying either of those 2 exhaust, you will be satisfied regardless which one you get. I had a harder time deciding if I wanted carbon or not

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
you can not go wrong with buying either of those 2 exhaust, you will be satisfied regardless which one you get. I had a harder time deciding if I wanted carbon or not

Thank you bringing new confusion for me, steel vs carbon..! ;)
But i prefer carbon as decreases more weight( :confused: )

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Did looking up "FZ6 Two Brothers Exhaust" on YouTube never cross your mind?

I wouldn't have wasted my time either if you weren't interested in buying.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
An 8 sec audio clip of Two Bro drive by.... Canyon Drive By...

-->> Both are soundcloud MP3

4 min Ride along, no main cat....
Longer ride along with main cat...

This is before Fuel Controller and S1 Header to S2 bike.

JMC the OEM chambered muffler has NO fibrous packing and being made of SS will last a lifetime. Anything with packing material (fibrous materials) will degrade over time. So I call BS on no repack required throughout lifetime. We know Fiberglass strands only last so long. SS and other materials last longer.
Point - find the Best Muff-Pack you can afford! It likely won't be a glass mat but something more expensive.

EDIT: Company A says repack every xxxx hours to preserve can. Seems honest, plus they sell more packing and rivets. If you don't repack, they side step warranty.
Company B who has competition with all others, claims never needs repack. Length of warranty, IDK?? If its not lifetime for blow through than what is it?
* Really just seems like a marketing thing to me
[MENTION=26729]raja777m[/MENTION]

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Did looking up "FZ6 Two Brothers Exhaust" on YouTube never cross your mind?

I wouldn't have wasted my time either if you weren't interested in buying.

Thank You for reminding, I watched all the fz6 videos with exhaust mods, I'm not that fond of sound through my earphones. I want to listen personally.
My friends(very few) which I've know have GSXRs and the other guy have a Kawa. So fairly no friends with Yamahas..!

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
I've got a TB carbon fiber with deleted cat. I can make a high quality recording or something. I know you want to hear it in person but I dont think me being in Louisiana will help you much, but like I said, I can make a higher quality audio recording than you would get from youtube.

Johhnnyyh

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha yea I agree with everyone else, since the seller knew you weren't going to buy it, he didn't even bother to waste his time. At least you were being honest to him though. He probably would have been more annoyed if you told him as you were listening to the bike. I am also looking for an exhaust and really came down to scorpion and two brothers. I personally like the looks of two brothers more but I heard its louder than scorpion and I want something loud so cars know I'm around them to prevent an accident but not so loud I will get pulled over. I live in California and I heard cops are pretty strict on that.

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are still looking to hear it, try to make it to the Dragon's tail this Saturday. Me and a couple of friends will be riding the dragon on Saturday. I have Two Bros Exhaust with P1X exhaust tips on them.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha yea I agree with everyone else, since the seller knew you weren't going to buy it, he didn't even bother to waste his time. At least you were being honest to him though. He probably would have been more annoyed if you told him as you were listening to the bike. I am also looking for an exhaust and really came down to scorpion and two brothers. I personally like the looks of two brothers more but I heard its louder than scorpion and I want something loud so cars know I'm around them to prevent an accident but not so loud I will get pulled over. I live in California and I heard cops are pretty strict on that.

TB's are deep and LOUD, the P1 tips will help but did I mention they are LOUD? Cops pull you over for loud pipes in California? Bawahahaha, when was the last time you say a pirate (Harley owner) with loud pipes get pulled over. I would suspect the only time you will get a ticket for loud pipes is if you are already pulled over and are being a jerk-then the leo might add loud pipes on your ticket.

Johhnnyyh

Reaction score
Visit site
TB's are deep and LOUD, the P1 tips will help but did I mention they are LOUD? Cops pull you over for loud pipes in California? Bawahahaha, when was the last time you say a pirate (Harley owner) with loud pipes get pulled over. I would suspect the only time you will get a ticket for loud pipes is if you are already pulled over and are being a jerk-then the leo might add loud pipes on your ticket.

Yeah I know right...California is very strict. Most bikes that are loud, usually gets pulled over. Especially down in Southern California. Their reasoning isn't mainly because it is loud but that aftermarket exhausts do not meet the requirements for California. It's annoying.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I know right...California is very strict. Most bikes that are loud, usually gets pulled over. Especially down in Southern California. Their reasoning isn't mainly because it is loud but that aftermarket exhausts do not meet the requirements for California. It's annoying.

I was joking, they never pull any bikes over for loud pipes anywhere I have ridden in Ca. But it could be starting down in SOCAL under the guise of emissions.

Johhnnyyh

Reaction score
Visit site
I was joking, they never pull any bikes over for loud pipes anywhere I have ridden in Ca. But it could be starting down in SOCAL under the guise of emissions.

I wish it was the same around here. I heard Huntington Beach is the worst, I'm usually around that area too

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I've never been pulled over for my exhaust. Other stuff... :rolleyes: In 2013 I believe the law in California changed so that all 2013 and later bikes are not legal that have an exhaust that does not bare the specific emission badge qualifying it under the CARB (California Air Resources Board) This will probably mean that there will be a change in the sound of the exhaust. I don't know anyone who has been pulled over for exhaust. My understanding is 2012 and older bikes are not under that law but I'm sure there is a law that says modifying anything that can effect emissions is not legal. That includes modifying the exhaust. Are these laws enforced? Very little or not at all as far as I've seen. The loudest bikes are the Harleys with straight pipes and no baffles or glass packing. Local ordinance for a town or city on noise may snag you. :)