some pics of my 05 really fast blue

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a few pics of my FZ. No upgrades, accept for what I quess you would call cruise control. I am wanting to put a Puig sport light smoke windsheild on for better wind protection.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! It's really clean! Are you *sure* you ride it? ;)

Frame sliders?? :D I like the grips and bar ends. What brands are they?

D

Deleted member 2349

Crap, my poor 05 looks like a wreck next to that thang...and i'm a long ways away. Geeze even the shiny gold headers are shinier than mine. Boy do I have some work cut out for me after work friday.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't realize until now the older FZ's (I have an '07) had silver engines. Byootiful! :thumbup:

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! It's really clean! Are you *sure* you ride it? ;)

Frame sliders?? :D I like the grips and bar ends. What brands are they?

yep I ride it every day unless it rains. No frame sliders yet, but I am looking to get some probably off e-bay.

As far as the bar ends, I have no idea, they were on the bike when I bought it about 2 months ago. I did see a post on here a few weeks ago and some guy was asking about a certain brand and if they were any good. I went to the link he had put up and they seemed to match what i've got.

Thanks for the compliments:rockon:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't realize until now the older FZ's (I have an '07) had silver engines. Byootiful! :thumbup:

The silver engines are actually pre-06. My 2006 has a black engine and whatnot. :Sport:

Side note: I'm definitely cleaning my baby this weekend. :rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap, my poor 05 looks like a wreck next to that thang...and i'm a long ways away. Geeze even the shiny gold headers are shinier than mine. Boy do I have some work cut out for me after work friday.

Heck my 6 month old '07 looks like crap compared to his! I need to get out the bucket and sponge!

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride mine a lot more than i clean it...i ride everyday, rain or shine, hot or cold...I dont think i could ever get mine that shiny again. What kind of polish/soap are you guys using. Ever since they discontinnued the Honda Polish I haven't been polishing it only washing it with car wash solution and letting it dry in the sun.....LOL i dont even towl mine off...it gets abused...:thumbup:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I think i have found a way to get pics of my bike on here finally.........when i get home i have to see if the wife has the computer cord i need for the camera.

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
What brand are those grips? Comfort level? Cost? The usual questions.

Sorry, I have no idea what brand they are, they were on there when I got the bike. Comfort level is awesome, no vibration at all.

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride mine a lot more than i clean it...i ride everyday, rain or shine, hot or cold...I dont think i could ever get mine that shiny again. What kind of polish/soap are you guys using. Ever since they discontinnued the Honda Polish I haven't been polishing it only washing it with car wash solution and letting it dry in the sun.....LOL i dont even towl mine off...it gets abused...:thumbup:

I've been using Turtle wax on the tank, grab rails and above the tail light.

D

Deleted member 2349

This is what i got...I was thinking about going for the actual Glare polish but talk about expensive.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I can't believe no one has answered the question about the grips and bar ends!

It looks like the grips have Grip Puppies on them. I've got a set but never put them on...I need to do that!

And jrf, you may have something you had no idea you had. Those bar ends are definitely Throttlemeisters. Try this...the one on the right side (throttle side), see if the bar end will turn back with the throttle grip, like you're accelerating. If it does, you'll probably notice that the throttle stays where you put it. Throttlemeisters are throttle lock bar ends...in other words, you've got cruise control!!! Holy crap...

The do make just bar ends that don't have the throttle locking function, but I don't know of anyone that's got just those. Dude, those things are like $150 a set...you've hit the jackpot!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Stumbles, I've been doing exactly that for the last half hour...looking at the Throttlemeister website, trying to decide if they're worth $147! Man, that a lot of coin, but I've never heard anyone say one bad word about them.

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I can't believe no one has answered the question about the grips and bar ends!

It looks like the grips have Grip Puppies on them. I've got a set but never put them on...I need to do that!

And jrf, you may have something you had no idea you had. Those bar ends are definitely Throttlemeisters. Try this...the one on the right side (throttle side), see if the bar end will turn back with the throttle grip, like you're accelerating. If it does, you'll probably notice that the throttle stays where you put it. Throttlemeisters are throttle lock bar ends...in other words, you've got cruise control!!! Holy crap...

The do make just bar ends that don't have the throttle locking function, but I don't know of anyone that's got just those. Dude, those things are like $150 a set...you've hit the jackpot!

Yea I believe that, thats what they are. I've used it a few times and it is really nice. The grips themselves are made of a spongy type material.

I quess I got a really good deal on it from what I have seen. I only paid $3800 for it:D The cheapst i could find for an 05 was $5299.