Sold the FZ6, bought this...

The Hill Boys

Reaction score
Visit site
2007 Suzuki DR650..

DR650_CORTEZ.jpg

Bought it from a gentlemen in Cortez, Co. Went met in Gallup, NM on Saturday. My son and I tagged teamed it home. He got to ride the best part...

121.jpg

I've always been more dirt oriented, so this was a natural choice. Since we still have an FZ6 in stable, I have the best of both worlds!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of the most fun I've ever had has been on a Mates' ex-race CR80! (it'd leave the XR250 for dead!)

Cheers,
Rick

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!!! I was hesitant at first about getting a thumper because of the power, I kept telling myself you'll never be satisfied with it...

View attachment 42268

Boy was I wrong, this klr is a blast to ride wether in the city, mountains, or off road. You can have a lot of fun in a big city with a nimble little bike like these, nothing is off limits...(did I say that out loud...) hell I even embarrassed 2 R1's on Blood Mountain rockin muddy shinko 705's, it helps that I know the road like the back of my hand but the look on their faces was PRICELESS as I blew by them on the inside lane having to lift my inside leg to keep it from dragging!!!

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a KLR and a DR350. Great bikes and a ton of fun to ride in the dirt. I spent a lot of time on the DR350 navigating the county on the gravel county roads.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Boy was I wrong, this klr is a blast to ride wether in the city, mountains, or off road. You can have a lot of fun in a big city with a nimble little bike like these, nothing is off limits...(did I say that out loud...)

Yeah. I have a DR350 and it's a lot more fun under 50mph than my 600. It makes you want to do bad things, like hop curbs and take shortcuts through people's yards.
Nice bike OP. I'm jealous of the off-road opportunities you have out there.

The Hill Boys

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah. I have a DR350 and it's a lot more fun under 50mph than my 600. It makes you want to do bad things, like hop curbs and take shortcuts through people's yards.
Nice bike OP. I'm jealous of the off-road opportunities you have out there.

Thanks man! I used to have a DRZ400SM that would find it's way into "questionable" areas. A friend of mine calls it "urban singletrack". Since it had street tires on it, fun was limited to paved surfaces. Now, all bets are off! Won't venture into people's yards though. I'm pretty anal about landscaping.