All in one night. Sold the FZ :( and bought an SV :)

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually just graduated from a 650 up to my FZ when someone totaled it trying to steal it. The SVRider community is great and while it is 650 heavy the two bikes are quite similar. SVRacingParts is a great source for various parts for the bikes, they took a lot of my money and the owner is part of the forum! Have fun on the SV!

I actually just found this store today. Im looking at their SVRP risers, the 2.5inch clip ons are half the price of the helibars and look like they do the same thing.

My motovation frame sliders wont be in stock for 2-3 weeks so im debating whether to buy cheapos for now.....

ctrigga

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the 2.5s and they were great, a lot of adjustment to them to match your comfort, I personally used the SVRP Frame and Swingarm sliders, when the assholes trashed my bike the tank was fine at least! Plus the sliders make good alternate leg rests

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the 2.5s and they were great, a lot of adjustment to them to match your comfort, I personally used the SVRP Frame and Swingarm sliders, when the assholes trashed my bike the tank was fine at least! Plus the sliders make good alternate leg rests

Thats is excellent news considering i just paypaled them for a set of frame sliders, swingarm sliders, and a tank riser LOL. Tank riser was cheap and lets the engine breath better so maybe better mpg?? I cancelled my motovation order.

I really want to get the risers but for now i want to see how well i deal with the position after putting on my techspecs. When you had on the 2.5s did the bars vibrate unusually more then oem?

ctrigga

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the long hiatus, i somehow didn't have it set to automatically subscribe, if you havent got the risers yet you are missing out, I didn't notice vibrations much at all and I never re-put in Barends, I don't think the stock ones work with the raised clip ons but I could be wrong, I assume the SVRP transaction went well as mine always did, Blair was a real stand up guy!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually ended up buying a used pair of helibars.I used them about 3k miles at highest setting and they are very comfortable. I recently lowered them to the lowest they can be without scraping a fairing.and the result is a much more aggressive position but with more comfort then stock. I'm very happy with it. Turns feel much better now.