So I raced a Lamborghini Gallardo...

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
A friend and I were on a ride when we stumbled across a guy in his new Gallardo. It only took a few seconds until the driver knew we were going to race. My friend was on his ZX-12 and me on my FZ6. It took a few minutes of highway travel until the roads opened up and we were free to go for it. From approx 60 mph to 120 mph the ZX-12 had a lead on the Lamborghini, eventually we caught up to traffic and had to back out.

I am very happy to report that the FZ6 held strong right up to 120 mph and then it had no more and was surpassed by the speed of the Lamborghini. The ZX-12 had little problem with the Lambo over that kind of speed, but I feel that the car had the edge over my FZ6. We (me and my bike) came in very close, and seeing as how the car is over 25 times the price of my bike, I was very happy with result. The acceleration and power of this bike never fails to amaze me, even at triple digit speeds.

Thought I would share that in case anyone wanted braging rights or was curious to know how the FZ6 would stand up against a supercar.

H

HavBlue

Thought I would share that in case anyone wanted braging rights or was curious to know how the FZ6 would stand up against a supercar.

The single greatest advantage a bike has over a car and this would include the so called supercars is acceleration. From zero to the point that cage is going to blow right by. On the bike you may get that cage for a while but eventually you're done and this would include the likes of the mighty Busa. In the American south west where there are roads that a rider or driver can go all out on for miles and miles the rider of the bike will eventually fatigue where the cager is sitting back eating a hamburger and sucking down a Coke.

During the summer months (we meet for breakfast on the second Saturday at 8:00am) I ride with a bunch of those supercar owners and we do a pretty good job of tearing up some sweet backroad asphalt. See anything here you like??? Not pictured is a white Countach and a creamy yellow E type 12 cylinder Jag. The Ford GT and 427 Cobra are owned by Roger Vincent who is President of a local Trade College. His son generally drives the Cobra.

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I bet that was an amazing rush. :thumbup:

It was. It happened right at the beginning of the ride, at 2 minutes in. After that, we had to stop and refuel :) and we sat around talking about how that was the bigggest rush we had riding. No matter what happened the rest of the ride, it wasn't going to compare with the race. Kind of like screwing the prom queen right before the prom. Do you even need to go after that?

Bryan

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like the fz6 has the advantage over the lambo up to the quarter mile mark. I think I should start a thread on that subject.

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
We were already running at about 60 mph before we started racing. I am not sure how the bike would fair against the car off the line, but if I see the Lambo again I will see if I can get results....