So cal ride sept 12 (NOW WITH PICS!!!)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome pics and story! Looks like loads of fun, except for all the crazy folks. I'd love to go to California and ride some of the amazing roads out there, Hwy 1, Palomar, etc. One day....

You get here we'll go!

Cliff

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for not checking in sooner guys, I've been on the road since you saw me on the ride. I was planning to continue my ride up to Bakersfield on the bike, but my a$$ was killing me, so I traded in for the cage for that trip.

All in all, a great ride with smart-respectful riders. I'd definitely ride with you guys again, which is more than I can say for previous group rides. Kenny, always good to see you. John, Dave, and Jason... poker night soon?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I have some video of Montezuma Valley Rd to the Rachita, Ca Snowman or as I like to call it, "The Yeti" That's Wavex, Cali-Rider, and PowellB up ahead. I'm on the Camera bike.

Had to swap out the sound track(Youtube flagged it) from Rush's,"Working them Angels" to a generic audio track from Youtube. Which was better than nothing.
So here it is and again thanks all for such an awesome ride and day together. This forum has the best peeps and riders that represented.

Thank you all for participating and making this happen!

Cliff

I actually like that music! :) I see what you man now about the wide angle... great for the scenery, but not so great to see the riders in front... still great thanks for posting :rockon:

Do you have footage of S Grade? or any of the GoPro owners?

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for not checking in sooner guys, I've been on the road since you saw me on the ride. I was planning to continue my ride up to Bakersfield on the bike, but my a$$ was killing me, so I traded in for the cage for that trip.

All in all, a great ride with smart-respectful riders. I'd definitely ride with you guys again, which is more than I can say for previous group rides. Kenny, always good to see you. John, Dave, and Jason... poker night soon?

yeah, Cliff started the count but no-one thought of making sure we reached 14 lol

I was like, huh, we're missing a Dr I think...

Poker, sure, give me a couple of days to welcome my new baby girl arriving on Monday and I'll be ready in no time :eek::Flip:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, Cliff started the count but no-one thought of making sure we reached 14 lol

Poker, sure, give me a couple of days to welcome my new baby girl arriving on Monday and I'll be ready in no time :eek::Flip:

Yeah, I learned to do head count early on in life. Our whole family would go camping/traveling and we had 7 kids. TV must have really been bad in those days....Mom was always taking head count......

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually like that music! :) I see what you man now about the wide angle... great for the scenery, but not so great to see the riders in front... still great thanks for posting :rockon:

Do you have footage of S Grade? or any of the GoPro owners?

I have some more to upload but they're doing maintenance at Youtube. Also have to get files to PowellB as soon as I can.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

Haha, yeah, having a proper count would help. Let me know how Leah is doing and when I can come see the new baby:cheer:

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I have some more to upload but they're doing maintenance at Youtube. Also have to get files to PowellB as soon as I can.

Take your time... new job will be preventing me from working on stuff for a bit.

I have some video of Montezuma Valley Rd

That part of the ride was nothing short of phenomenal. South Grade was fun, but a little too squidly at that time on a saturday. Banner grade was a nice flowing stretch, but Montezuma's fast sweepers had me leaning harder than ever and loving every second of it. Wavex set a great pace, and the group rode well. Would ride it again with you all in a heartbeat.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Check-in

1. Vegasrider (Kenny)
2. nccoder (Cliff)
3. BryanDH (Bryan)
4. Wavex (David)
5. Cmayer31 (Craig)
6. McLovin (Mike)
7. Mostro (Jason)
8. Cali rider (John)
9. PowellB (Powell)
10. n00dle (Patrick)
11. Westgoingzax (Alex)

You all make me sick. All of you. You make me want to get sick. (maybe NorCal will return the favor)

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the pictures guys! Looks like you all had a great time. I experienced the same type of great rides at the Deal's Gap meet with forum members so maybe its universal.

I tried to give rep to everyone for all the great pictures. Thanks!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the pictures guys! Looks like you all had a great time. I experienced the same type of great rides at the Deal's Gap meet with forum members so maybe its universal.

I tried to give rep to everyone for all the great pictures. Thanks!!

Thanks man. A trip like this is so easy with such great people. Every one was a great rider and we managed staying away from some squidly action on South Grade Rd. on Palomar Mountain. When you think about it, it was a phenomenal day given people rode from Vegas, LA, Long Beach areas and local SD areas to be on this get together.
Still have some video to post up but Windows Movie Maker is more bad garbageware from MS and mis-aligns the audio tracks when you do an edit and save....

Thanks again for the rep.
Cliff

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay sorry for the misaligned audio tracks which helps distort your concepts of throttle on/off in turns etc. Just the crummy moviemaker edit feature. Anyway you'll get the idea. I was actually hoping to pick a spot on the grade and lurk and takes picture and video while the rest of the group road up and down the Grade but as usual there were people over riding their ability and we had an Aprilia down at turn one coming up and a real "Stand Up Guy" out of a turn in front of PowellB and I which has already been posted but you will see it at 5:24 in the video. We boogied early off the grade because we thought safety of our group was the primary objective.
Enjoy!
Again, Thank you all for the Epic Fun Day and thank you other forum members for sharing this with us.

Cliff

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JghXt5iYx4]YouTube - South Grade FZ6 ForumRide[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have some video of Montezuma Valley Rd to the Rachita, Ca Snowman or as I like to call it, "The Yeti" That's Wavex, Cali-Rider, and PowellB up ahead. I'm on the Camera bike.

Had to swap out the sound track(Youtube flagged it) from Rush's,"Working them Angels" to a generic audio track from Youtube. Which was better than nothing.
So here it is and again thanks all for such an awesome ride and day together. This forum has the best peeps and riders that represented.

Thank you all for participating and making this happen!

Cliff

EDIT: I've been having problems with this audio all day. It worked on another post. Can't understand why it won't work here! Geez!
EDIT: Now it works...Duh!?!
EDIT: Now it doesn't!?!?! GRRRRRRRRRR!

YouTube - Montezuma to Uncle Yeti

Does anyone have a problem with the music on this video? Sometime it'll play for me and some times it wont....

Thanks,
Cliff

Last edited:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay sorry for the misaligned audio tracks which helps distort your concepts of throttle on/off in turns etc. Just the crummy moviemaker edit feature. Anyway you'll get the idea. I was actually hoping to pick a spot on the grade and lurk and takes picture and video while the rest of the group road up and down the Grade but as usual there were people over riding their ability and we had an Aprilia down at turn one coming up and a real "Stand Up Guy" out of a turn in front of PowellB and I which has already been posted but you will see it at 5:24 in the video. We boogied early off the grade because we thought safety of our group was the primary objective.
Enjoy!
Again, Thank you all for the Epic Fun Day and thank you other forum members for sharing this with us.

Cliff

YouTube - South Grade FZ6 ForumRide

Thanks for the video Cliff! Is it me or the camera makes it look like open sweepers when it fact that's quite a tight road!?

Does anyone have a problem with the music on this video? Sometime it'll play for me and some times it wont....

Thanks,
Cliff

np here.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the video Cliff! Is it me or the camera makes it look like open sweepers when it fact that's quite a tight road!?

np here.

I had also reposted the video here http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-videos/22754-montezuma-uncle-yeti.html cuz I wanted to start out fresh and share the fixed version with the forum.

I think there are areas that are wider (Montezuma Valley Road) in comparison to other parts (South Grade) that we rode but the camera helps make it look much wider because of that wide 170 degree lens. South Grade is known as,The Tight Side. Some of those turns are famous for the decreasing radius which can bite you real quick.

They finally locked in the audio on this (Montezuma to Uncle Yeti) but it ended up being different music. It took me so long to get this resolved I just let it be. It works! Haha...Actually kinda like the synthy track...

Thanks again for all the fantastic pictures.

Cliff

Last edited:

Dandy D

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that guys! Looks like you all had a blast and a little 'wake-up' or 2... yikes!
One day I'll get to Cali - but its a long way from the great white north on 2 wheels. I've made it to northern Montana and Idaho...just gotta push it a leeeiiiittle farther! haha :)