slow crash, hurt my pride

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I was hoping I would never have to post here.....

Today when work was over, I went to the shop to buy some knee sliders for extra protection.
As I went back home, there was a 180° shart turn, and I was stuck behind a big truck.
We all drove about 50km/h because the truck was slowing me down. On the left and right side of the road there was some loose gravel. So I drove in the middle of the road to avoid a crash.
But the truck in front of me was so big, his left trailerwheels where on the gravel as he turned, and threw some gravel in front of my frontwheel causing me to crash and glide for 1 meter. :(
It was absolutely my own fault, as I was to close behind the truck preventing me the possibillity to emergency brake.
The first thing I did, was going to my bike and put it on the side stand with the help of a cager who was right behind me and saw the whole thing.

I am ok, my freshly baught kneegliders did the job,
gear damage: kneesliders, a little spot on the elbow of my jacket (not noticable)

bike damage: clutch lever broke off, crash protector broke off, my gear lever is bent, the handlebar weight is damaged, and the cover of the engine is badly scratched. Also 2 scratches on the gas tank.

After I completely checked the bike for any motor or electrical problems, I drove her home, a 55km drive.

The engine functionality and electrical functionality is perfect.
So only some minor damage.

In the garage they told me everything that is damaged will be replaced, and it will be as new. but it will cost me a small 500€.

Right now I'm feeling a little pain on the left side of my hip, from the shock.
The gear did it's job very good, and it's a lesson very hard learned for me.

I hope never to post here again.

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
glad to hear you are ok and that there wasnt any serious damage to you or your bike

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I was hoping I would never have to post here.....

Today when work was over, I went to the shop to buy some knee sliders for extra protection.
As I went back home, there was a 180° shart turn, and I was stuck behind a big truck.
We all drove about 50km/h because the truck was slowing me down. On the left and right side of the road there was some loose gravel. So I drove in the middle of the road to avoid a crash.
But the truck in front of me was so big, his left trailerwheels where on the gravel as he turned, and threw some gravel in front of my frontwheel causing me to crash and glide for 1 meter. :(
It was absolutely my own fault, as I was to close behind the truck preventing me the possibillity to emergency brake.
The first thing I did, was going to my bike and put it on the side stand with the help of a cager who was right behind me and saw the whole thing.

I am ok, my freshly baught kneegliders did the job,
gear damage: kneesliders, a little spot on the elbow of my jacket (not noticable)

bike damage: clutch lever broke off, crash protector broke off, my gear lever is bent, the handlebar weight is damaged, and the cover of the engine is badly scratched. Also 2 scratches on the gas tank.

After I completely checked the bike for any motor or electrical problems, I drove her home, a 55km drive.

The engine functionality and electrical functionality is perfect.
So only some minor damage.

In the garage they told me everything that is damaged will be replaced, and it will be as new. but it will cost me a small 500€.

Right now I'm feeling a little pain on the left side of my hip, from the shock.
The gear did it's job very good, and it's a lesson very hard learned for me.

I hope never to post here again.

I am glad that the injuries to you were so minor. any crash you can ride away from is a 'good' one.:thumbup:

Will you involve your insurance in the repairs to your bike, and your safety gear?

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I am glad that the injuries to you were so minor. any crash you can ride away from is a 'good' one.:thumbup:

Will you involve your insurance in the repairs to your bike, and your safety gear?

thanks.

I called my insurance agent, he told me that there is nog damage to other persons, so I cannot call in the support of the insurance.
Unless you have an insurance plan that covers ALL expenses, but that would be to expensive for me. (I am still in the risc-group of 22 years old, so a normal insurance is expensise enaugh:rolleyes:)

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice to hear you are o.k.
I always tried to avoid behind trucks...whew.. I had bad experiences too.
Mostly, truck wheels spitting the small gravels, dust, and worse small rocks...
Safe ride.:thumbup: