Simple Mods

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
So, today I got to thinking, my bike has been sitting in the garage for a while now and I have not done anything to it. So, I figure it needed a few simple mods!

Removed swing arm stickers (finally :banghead:), painted radiator guards black, and decided upon a Fender Eliminator I want to install!

The more time I spend here, the more stuff I want to do! Looking into HEL Brake Lines and Bi-Xenon Projectors with Pod Lights. Lights may be a while, as I have no experience in that area, and it looks pretty challenging.

Mods I already have include bd43 Dual Headlight, Pazzo Levers, Puig Dark Smoke Screen, Motovation Sliders, and M4 Exhaust.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! One of my favorite mods cost nothing and took 5 minutes. I flipped the washers on my rearsets around. It's super easy and makes the rearsets so much more stable.

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I got the radiator guards painted, just a few coats of some matte black paint. Went to put them on, and chipped some of the paint off. So, I threw another coat of paint on and this time applied some clear coat to help. If it turns out well, I shall throw a picture up tomorrow.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
So, today I got to thinking, my bike has been sitting in the garage for a while now and I have not done anything to it. So, I figure it needed a few simple mods!

Removed swing arm stickers (finally :banghead:), painted radiator guards black, and decided upon a Fender Eliminator I want to install!

The more time I spend here, the more stuff I want to do! Looking into HEL Brake Lines and Bi-Xenon Projectors with Pod Lights. Lights may be a while, as I have no experience in that area, and it looks pretty challenging.

Mods I already have include bd43 Dual Headlight, Pazzo Levers, Puig Dark Smoke Screen, Motovation Sliders, and M4 Exhaust.

Its fun and addicting, isn't it. Ordered HEL brake lines yesterday...( & waiting impatiently). In the meantime, I'm gonna install new sprockets and gold RK chain that just arrived....happy modding!!:thumbup:

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Four mods under $40 each:

1-Smaller front sprocket (steps up acceleration)
2-Fiamm horn (keeps the cages honest)
3-LED front signals (the most common moto accident comes from an oncoming cage turning left in front of bike. BE SEEN--ok, it's about $50 for these)
4-3M reflective tape (again, keeps you SEEN in the dark.)

BTW, you'll LOVE the performance of steel lines. I (like many others) have more money in my bike than what the bike is worth. Upgrade the suspension, and you have all the bike you'll ever need. :BLAA:

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Whenever I got the bike, I figured I would never really get into modding. After getting tired of people telling me that my headlight was out, I decided I needed to get the dual headlight mod. Well, once that was done, there was no turning back.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got big hands? Grip Puppies! <$10! :cheer:
(still my favorite mod out of 14...)

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
best looking FREE mod, cut down tire huger. All you need is tape to create your style line, a hack saw(dremal w/ a cut off wheel works best) and fine grit sandpaper. First mod I ever did.

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: