Show me your tank pad

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I have this one (images taken from the internet):
tp%20ke%204900__1.jpg

tp%20ke%204900__2.jpg

It was a little pricey but compared to my previous fake "carbon fibre" looking cheap one, it hasn't peeled off after a year.
:BLAA:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is an old pic of my SV and I don't remember the brand on the CF tank pad.
I also have TechSpec Snakeskin tank grips.

Canon%2520103.jpg

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure of what I would like on my bike. Red, red with black, carbon fiber, black, or something custom?:confused:

It's cool looking at what you guys have done. Thanks keepem comming. :rockon:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to see how low, or high you place them on the tank. What gives the best protection? Low or high on the tank?:confused:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine does a great job of protecting my tank. Depending on size/shape of the pad you'll probably just go to a MC shop and find what suits you the best.

I mounted mine starting about an inch above the seat. I almost always have the Manta tank bag on the tank which also covers the tank. The rear magnet on my tank bag covers the top section of my tank pad.

Sco

Reaction score
Visit site
First try at posting a pic. This pad is smaller than I thought that it would be,
but it sets just right to prevent any belt buckle scratches.

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to see how low, or high you place them on the tank. What gives the best protection? Low or high on the tank?:confused:
Low is better IMO. I have a tiny gap in between the top of the seat and the bottom of my pad. I mounted one an inch above the seat on another bike and about a week later got a scratch on that inch of exposed paint! :(

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just put a Pro Grip 5008 carbon on mine (tore my tankslapper to the point that it was ugly and had to go). I put it just slightly above the level of the seat and it extends high enough to cover what needs covering from my jacket/pant zippers (or whatever tore the vinyl tankslapper). The 5008 also has some extra side pieces that you can move in or out to your preference. I have them about 1 or 2 cm out from the main pad at the bottom.

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to put one on my tank as I always hear my jacket zipper hitting it. I can't find a simple one that doesn't offend my eyes though. Anyone found anything simple?