Should I buy or should I go....

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
good you made yourself a big favour, with the cost of repair that it would have cost you ll find more modern bikes in near mint condition that you can hear running! (as stated so many times above)

wait a bit longer the bike you ll want will crop up, even on the forum there are regular sales of fz6's,

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got an '09 with Givi's and 3,500 miles for $4,200 out the door. Passed up an '08 with 1,800 miles for $4,000 out the door.

The deals are definately out there for bikes in great condition. I've run across a few in the $3K to $3,500 range with higher miles when I was looking too.

Just keep looking and I wish you luck. I am more than sure that if you listed your price range, year range, mileage range, etc. that everyone on here would gladly give you a heads up if they spot something.:thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i would not go over $1K for that bike, and to boot he is willing to start it with no oil or antifreeze in it worries me.... who is to say he hasn't run it empty since the crash to show others, or to "just see if it will"

Seems like he is trying to come out of his crash by making a buyer pay for it. My bike has been down and i would not try to make the next owner pay for it.

pavil58fz

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Should I buy or should I go....UPDATED

Just an FYI update for those that might be interested.

I spoke with the fellow who ended up getting the bike. Looks like the forks were not quite right. Not bent but twisted. He was not sure if they can be repaired and was hoping that the triple-trees were not buggered up. He also mentioned that the crankcase was empty and that a previous looker had cranked the engine up sans lubrication.

I lucked out in not getting the bike and I told him that I hoped it worked out in a good way for him.

Pav