Short notice-San Diego Area Ride

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bryan and I are headed to Pally and Monty in the am. :BLAA: (Saturday 3-4-11)

Any and all are welcome. If you've never ridden with us before answer here, PM me and/or leave a message and a mobile number.

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I could be there- however the snow is gone up here and I'll be on the Feejeer. 10am breakfast at Cassidy's in Oroville for anyone at the other end of the state. Gotta get a ride in before rain at 4.
You boys ride safe down there. :rockon:

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Be safe out there Cliff and ride your ride, but a bit slower this time around :thumbup:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Cliff how have u been? :)

John and I are set on doing PCH up to Ventura to do an Ojai run, so no Palo loop this time, but I'll call you soon for a ride... you guys ride safe!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Cliff how have u been? :)

John and I are set on doing PCH up to Ventura to do an Ojai run, so no Palo loop this time, but I'll call you soon for a ride... you guys ride safe!

Thanks David! You guys have fun rockin Ojai. Never done those areas up there so you and John have to show us the ropes....:rockon:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Np Cliff, we'll let you know next time we do Ojai... it's one of my favorite roads.

We got about half way through Ojai this morning when we had to stop due to a motorcycle crash.... this is what we were looking at:

5501006212_ff1f6fa4ce_b.jpg

5500412387_cdabc8fd98_b.jpg

5501007526_21c3ef902c_b.jpg

5501001464_e51c1c9b20_b.jpg

After 10minutes, we decided to u-turn and go back down so we did not see the rider... hope he is OK....

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
oh yeah and we saw Mike up in the canyons too, but we were going in opposite directions, so I don't think he recognized us :)

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
oh yeah and we saw Mike up in the canyons too, but we were going in opposite directions, so I don't think he recognized us :)

I remember seeing two people wave in a right-hander today but didnt even have time to respond, that must have been you two :D Thats a funny coincidence, Jason was couple seconds behind me too, we would have definitely turned around and gone after you guys if we knew.. next time :Flip:

mostro

Previous FZ6'er
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember seeing two people wave in a right-hander today but didnt even have time to respond, that must have been you two :D Thats a funny coincidence, Jason was couple seconds behind me too, we would have definitely turned around and gone after you guys if we knew.. next time :Flip:

Dude that is TOO funny, I swore when we were riding I saw John! But I thought "nah, it's way too late in the day for John to be riding" being that it wasn't like 7am :Flip: :D

I just caught a glimpse of a blue FZ6 with a blue jacket rider and was like was that John, couldn't be... was up on Las Virgenes or Mulholland or Encenal Canyon Rd, can't remember.

It was an absolutely beautiful day to be up in the canyons above Malibu today. Perfect weather and not much traffic. Nice clear views of the canyons, ocean, etc. Was definitely a good day.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice weather today eh? :rockon:

Cliff and I put in about 250 miles. Palomar was dirty from the recent snow, but Montezuma was perfect! Tons of bikes out today. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Couldn't believe how nice it was today!
Like Bryan said, snow melt near the top of Palomar Mountai made it a little messy but the rest of it was nice.
Monty and Banner were great!
Another great ride!!!:rockon:

King of the snow mountain.
picture.php

Hey! The temps up here were in the mid 60's!
picture.php

Bryan's snow mobile.
picture.php

Banner Grade.
picture.php

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I could have been with any of you hoons today. :BLAA:
I did however get out for a short 200 miler with some riders from a local forum today. And although about 60-80 miles of the ride were at the limit on some awesome, twisty roads (complete with dozens of bicyclists) do I feel like a beat old man tonight. :spank:

Can't wait for July to get here! (Sorry for the hijack..)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some more pics from Palomar Mountain by Rick Clemson Photography.
My bike was really dirty from the wet areas on Pally's South Grade. I had enough time to clean it up before sundown.

Last edited:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Some more pics from Palomar Mountain by Rick Clemson Photography.
My bike was really dirty from the wet areas on Pally's South Grade. I had enough time to clean it up before sundown.

How are those pics taken? Is there a guy that stands on the side of the road taken pictures?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How are those pics taken? Is there a guy that stands on the side of the road taken pictures?

Yes his name is Rick Clemson Rick Clemson Sports Photography
If you ever get a chance to ride Pally stop and talk to Rick. He is a great person! :rockon:

He travels from Oceanside, Ca. on Sat. and Sun. when there will be activity on the mountain. South Grade Road is a hot spot for all types of motorcycling and road biking. It has something like 66 turns in 6.8 miles about a third of them of hairpins. It's called the tight side because the turns are tighter with no sweepers. Some have decreasing radius and will catch people off guard :eek: If you ever ride it just take your time and learn it a little instead of just hitting it hard. It is a blast! :rockon: