San Diego: Fook it! Let's ride! 4-27-13

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay I finally got some video up. Nothing to rave about because... well, to be truthful I don't really have what it takes to do good video editing. When I thought my camera was on, it wasn't. I so want one of the new remote controlled GoPros!
Most of the video is from Majde's cam on his Tuono. Great sounding twin!
I mispelled Verharen's name in the credits. Sorry! :rolleyes: Too much time to render vids on this old Commodor 64.
Commodore_64_540x359.jpg

Here's the video!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmcDrbv7iAE&list=UUT01b7i_GF9H9-u9N9e22AQ&index=1]Highway 94 and Sunrise Highway - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: San Diego: Fook it! Let's ride! 4-27-13

Lots of curves with very good visibility.. I can see myself going just slightly over the posted limit there :D

There are lots of blind turns we did on the earlier part of the ride. Lots of road cyclists to be wary of in those blind turns. Some of those turns can be pretty tight so you have be prepared and responsible. Prudence will have to take precedence to whippin it in many situations. The nice thing about these roads is you get a little bit of it all with some great scenic pullouts. I'm really grateful for these rides and the people I get to share them with. :)

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some single-sided swing arm action for ya! I had a new Metezeler M5 mounted this weekend. :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've pulled that rear wheel with Bryan before. The Speed is really well done! :rockon:

Bryan, we'll have to get that tire heat cycled and scrubbed in soon! :p

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Was that Officer Petersen at the beginning of the video?

No Kenny but I talked to him about 2 weeks ago. He grew a mustache! Lol! We couldn't talk long because there was a bike down on Monty. I usually catch up with him on Montezuma Valley Road or Banner Grade. If I see him sitting on radar, I'll turn around, stop and chat. Really good person!

Funny thing. The bike that was down was from a group of about 14 riders. Ray at the Ranchita store said they had a totally different attitude than our groups.
I guess FZ6 Forum/our groups have made an impression on people in this little "One Horse Town" I always try to stop by and say hi to the locals hanging at the store.:)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No Kenny but I talked to him about 2 weeks ago. He grew a mustache! Lol! We couldn't talk long because there was a bike down on Monty. I usually catch up with him on Montezuma Valley Road or Banner Grade. If I see him sitting on radar, I'll turn around, stop and chat. Really good person!

Funny thing. The bike that was down was from a group of about 14 riders. Ray at the Ranchita store said they had a totally different attitude than our groups.
I guess FZ6 Forum/our groups have made an impression on people in this little "One Horse Town" I always try to stop by and say hi to the locals hanging at the store.:)

I will never forget that day when we met him. LOL

4917050609_2eb275ab96_b.jpg

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've pulled that rear wheel with Bryan before. The Speed is really well done! :rockon:

Bryan, we'll have to get that tire heat cycled and scrubbed in soon! :p

Indeed!

I found the front tire on sale at Jake Wilson (rear was on sale at Revzilla). I went ahead and ordered one for when the front will need to be swapped.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will never forget that day when we met him. LOL

4917050609_2eb275ab96_b.jpg

Yeah Kenny, I won't forget that day I got to "meet" him with my DL, Reg. and proof of insurance while you were asking him if you could take a picture of him using his handcuffs on Mark and me. :Flip: :D

Super cool dude though, hopefully I'll get to say hello next time I'm down there.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For those who don't know the story, here's a link where it all began with Officer Petersen. No tickets for our two hooligans, even though they were guilty. Just shows that sometimes, respect and courtesy for those who are just doing their jobs will result in a catch and release.

He initially did not have his emergency lights activated, if you two were going to get a ticket, I wanted to make sure you got your money's worth so I asked him to turn them on.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/im-g...orcal-ride-see-socal-gang-8-20-8-22-a-19.html

FZ6-Forum Rides is just not a group ride, it's a group adventure!