Seat heat?

Coffee357

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks, planning to get the FZ6 as soon as the insurance check comes in. Just one more question. I've seen the occasional post about the underseat exhaust making the seat uncomfortably warm. Is this a common issue with the FZ? I occasionally carry a passenger who has expressed concern about this very issue. If this is an issue is there a fix? 'preciate the feedback!

W

wrightme43

Depends if you wear gear or ride in shorts. I sat on my bike to move it with shorts on it was kinda hot, but it had been sitting after a long run. No complaints about heat from my passengers, but I do insist on and provide gear. If you dont fit the gear, no ride. LOL

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i ride with gear on, and with the stock exhaust it does get a little hot, the best thing to fix this problem is buy the carbon fiber scorpion cans and it would be gone for sure :Sport:

Andyjo

Reaction score
Visit site
when i strap my backpack on the back, it gets pretty warm.
but my girlfriend doesn't really mind, especially because we ride in the cold alot ;)

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I do think the seat gets a little bit warm (not hot!!). I frequently ride 100 miles straight on motorways (highway for you guys!), and I have absolutely NO concerns about my hot behind...Actually i find the heat from the engine itself to be more of a pain but during the winter its a godsend!! :)

the seat does not heat up on mine, and if it did I'd praise the free heated seat yamaha provided!!! :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
when i rode mine i thought my seat was heating up a bit but i have only gotten 1 ride so i am not sure if it is a repeatable phenomenon. It was only slightly warm though and definitely not hot

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine gets hot. The passenger stays fine. When i get hot i just lift my butt of the seat and let the air cool it down for a sec. and it does fine. It is great thing in the winter. LOL. :Sport:

H

HavBlue

Went 220 plus miles this past summer on a day that was very near 100 degrees (F) and at speeds between 85 and 100mph most of the way. The seat was never an issue nor did I find it to be uncomfortable at all. All I ever wear are jeans.

J

jsteinb95

I've been a passenger on the FZ ,many times, in 120 deg.F weather and 50 deg.F weather, I feel no difference. It does not get HOT and uncomfortable. I don't understand why people say that.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode my FZ6 around the southern BC interior last summer in 100 deg+ heat and never noticed the seat heating up. I've checked it a few times since in cooler weather, and I honestly don't consider it an an issue at all.

fz6hawkeye

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode this summer in Iowa (around 95 degrees usually), put about 3k miles on it. My GF on the back has never had any problems with it.

I ride a '05 FZ6

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
its not the seat that gets hot, but its the SWAMP A!@ that i can't stand. If you dont know what SWAMP A!@ is just ask me.

mojan

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6's seat doesn't get any hotter than my FJR1300's seat. The FJR does not have under seat exhaust.

I've got an FJR ('06) and my wife has an FZ6 (07), and neither seat gets hot, but left leg on both bikes (ESPECIALLY the FZ6) gets very toasty. I'm surprised no one has commented on that. We also have a '92 XJ600 that is air cooled, and absolutely no heat problems with it. Also, I had a Sportster that had no heat issues on the legs, so I'm tending to believe it's the difference between being air and water cooled. Sure wish there was a solution.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My butt does get hot to where it hurts like I have a galded rump. It only does when its real real hot and I have all my gear on and am sweating like crazy. My wife said the back doesn't get that hot to her. But we may never come to a conclusion on this one other than the fact we all have different rumps. Some of us could probably take this :spank: and some couldnt:rof: Next time if your rumps get to hot as mine does just do like this guy and you will be ok ----->:mikebike: again :rof: