Scorpions Round or Oval

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

About to purchase some Scorpions but not sure if to get S/S round or oval, anyone have any ideas. I know the oval ones are more expensive, but I am thinking about fitting wise. Is one more difficult to fit than the other.

Thanks

Paul

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure of the actual dimensions of the oval ones, but my Leo Vince oval cans fit no problems...(actuall a bit smaller than the plastic shroud around the stock cans).
I prefer the oval look myself, but round ones will do the same job, if they are cheaper, and you don't mind round, then go for it... all a matter of personal choice really.

:)

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
since ure buying the scorpion pipe why settle for normal round when u can get the oval with a little bit extra top up....just my 5cents worth of advice(now recession so prices all went up:p)

at the end of the day, what matters most is that u are happy with ure purchase..

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer the looks of oval cans, but at the end of the day you are the one who is looking at it and living with it, the fitment should be similar for both as it is just the shape of the hanger brackets that changes.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer the looks of oval cans, but at the end of the day you are the one who is looking at it and living with it, the fitment should be similar for both as it is just the shape of the hanger brackets that changes.

+1
As far as look, I think the oval will match the to contours of the bike.

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks for the replies, I will be getting the oval cans.:D

Paul

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
since ure buying the scorpion pipe why settle for normal round when u can get the oval with a little bit extra top up....just my 5cents worth of advice(now recession so prices all went up:p)

at the end of the day, what matters most is that u are happy with ure purchase..
+1 to this. It's what I did. You're paying loads for the exhausts anyway - might as well get the nicer looking ones.

Seastar Superbikes are the cheapest place in the UK I found to buy them. If you ring up you'll get a better price. I'm buying the Scorpion decat pipe from them next week now I've been paid to go with my oval scorpion exhausts.

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 to this. It's what I did. You're paying loads for the exhausts anyway - might as well get the nicer looking ones.

Seastar Superbikes are the cheapest place in the UK I found to buy them. If you ring up you'll get a better price. I'm buying the Scorpion decat pipe from them next week now I've been paid to go with my oval scorpion exhausts.

Hi

Just a quick update, I have just ordered my Scorpions from Seastar Superbikes.:rockon: And am looking for them to arrive around 2weeks time. And yes they were cheaper than quoted via email, when I rang up.:thumbup:

Just to add, they are the S/S Oval with the new style ends.

Can't Wait.

Cheers

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

Looking to get Tail Tidy, to fit the same time as the exhaust. But I have a question?

I am looking at the evotech tail tidy, will this just fit over the new cans or do you need to mod in anyway.

I have done a search, but can't seem to locate an answer.

Thanks in advance

Paul.

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All

Finally got my scorpion oval cans, came today.:D I have fitted them and they sound fantastic.:eek:

I have made a before and after video shots, my son will edit the recording for me later, so hopefully will post it tomorrow. I know people have posted video recordings before, but it's nice when it's your own.

Thanks Guys

Paul

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All

Finally got my scorpion oval cans, came today.:D I have fitted them and they sound fantastic.:eek:

I have made a before and after video shots, my son will edit the recording for me later, so hopefully will post it tomorrow. I know people have posted video recordings before, but it's nice when it's your own.

Thanks Guys

Paul

Congratulations on the Scorps. I love mine. Time to change your signature to show as a mod and not an order :D.

MACH3

nudist
Reaction score
Visit site
how much were they from seastar i cant seem to locate them on the site! do they ship to cyprus?

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
how much were they from seastar i cant seem to locate them on the site! do they ship to cyprus?

Hi Mach

The best thing you can do is ring them, or send an email with details of your bike, as they reply very quickly. And ask if they ship to cyprus, I don't see why they should'nt.

I paid £328 which inc's postage.

www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk

Paul

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

Just a query, I have fitted my scorpion exhausts with the logo facing upwards as in picture 1 (NOT MINE) but on looking at other pictures, on the forum, I noticed that Picture 2 (Sangers Bike) has the logo's facing towards each other.

Which is the best way do you think is the correct way to fit them. I have to re align them a tad anyway, so moving them with the logo facing is not a problem.

PS Sanger I hope you don't mind me using your photo.

Thanks

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Well, if the instructions/manufacturer dosen't list any specific orientation, then I'd so go with waht YOU think looks the best. If it's just a matter of rotating the cans anywhere you want, then have some fun with it and do what you think looks best to you! :thumbup:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site

Now that is some good price for an exhaust!! I've already shot off my email to the company to see how much it will be to send them to Belfast! Thankfully I got paid today!!! :) :thumbup:

So did you bother investing in a Power Commander? I doubt the bike would be too much affected by this exhaust system...its not like its that much different to stock! What is the sound difference like in person? I've watched all the available youtube videos! :)

What is the year of your bike because my question to the company was whether they make them for the 07 model?

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Pauled could you take a picture from the back of your bike looking straight at the pipes fitted this way?
I personally prefer them fitted this way, but I'm wondering how it looks with the plastic thing that goes between the pipes. Is there a big gap between the plastic and the pipes?

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that is some good price for an exhaust!! I've already shot off my email to the company to see how much it will be to send them to Belfast! Thankfully I got paid today!!! :) :thumbup:

So did you bother investing in a Power Commander? I doubt the bike would be too much affected by this exhaust system...its not like its that much different to stock! What is the sound difference like in person? I've watched all the available youtube videos! :)

What is the year of your bike because my question to the company was whether they make them for the 07 model?

No did not bother with the power commander, as yet. And have not noticed any drop in performance at all. Sound difference is excellent. I am trying to get a video posted ASAP but working at the moment and don't get in till after dark. Plus I want to get the pipes correctly aligned.

My bike is the 08 model.

Also the price was cheaper when I phoned them. I think I was quoted via email around £349 ish

Cheers

Paul

Last edited: