Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
More pics from RickClemson.com on Palomar Mountain/South Grade...:thumbup:

mostro

Previous FZ6'er
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great time guys . Foot is still healing from surgery or i'd have joined you on this beautiful 80-degree december day :) so instead i headed down to the LBC xmas boat parade and tied one on , all was not lost, LOL.

and only 3 more weeks until I leave for Peru! :rockon:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
It was a great day out there Sat and you guys got some great pictures showing it.

I was on the mountain early, Clemson wasn't even there yet, and then I did Mesa Grande -> Julian -> Banner, warned a group of sport riders about the CHP just sitting on 78, -> Yaqui -> Montezuma -> and back home.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It was a great day out there Sat and you guys got some great pictures showing it.

I was on the mountain early, Clemson wasn't even there yet, and then I did Mesa Grande -> Julian -> Banner, warned a group of sport riders about the CHP just sitting on 78, -> Yaqui -> Montezuma -> and back home.

I saw a red FZ6 I think it was on 76 not far from Pally. Bet it was you! Surprised you didn't see us we were all over and I ended up riding later than I thought I would because We hooked up with Bryan.

Awesome day riding and I'm trying to get some video up.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
NcCoder, how come your knee isn't touching?! hee hee :spank:

I'm Chicken! Hahaha I have to get knee stretchers! :eek: Wasn't till I was behind CaliRider and Wavex later on Montezuma that we started to boogie.

Bryan and I saw this guy hanging so far off his bike to scrape knee it was ridicules. He spun his peg in the rear set and almost came off the bike. We helped later down the road with tools to get him fixed. Bryan was the one who actually witnessed it.

I missed you man! But hey! We'll do it again soon. John was talking about maybe next weekend! We'll see....:D

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a quick edit and stuck this up on Youtube.

I'm still adding annotation to the video so it will be changing a little.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZeSssFQfaM]YouTube - Montezoomers.wmv[/ame]

Awesome awesome day! Thanks again to my great friends!!!! You Folks Rock!!!

Last edited:

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Darn it, you guys went without me again!! Glad you guys had a great time, hopefully next time there is more notice before the ride :thumbup:

I was reading this at the ZRX forums, I wonder if this guy is talking about one of you guys? I can't think of another bike with dual under seat exhaust :spank:

ZRXOA Message Board - View Single Post - SO CAL ORTEGA TO BORREGO SPRINGS SAT 12/19/09

Nah wasn't us....Nothing closed on us all the time we were there. In fact there was another dual-under-tail exhaust bike but we closed on him. It was a big twin. He was a good rider and I didn't get any sense he was doing anything wrong. There were other FZ6's up there that would be headed the other way but we only met up with one (forum member) later in the afternoon.

Pally, East and South Grades, was sandy up top. Some lady hit rock wall with her car on the way down MVR and there was crap all over the lane on my last ride up.
Hope to see you on a ride with us! Sorry this was very short notice....

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice video Cliff... looks like you guys were moving at a pretty good clip there.:thumbup:

Those guys move at a really good pace! Hahaha. It's was one of those rides where you get to the top or the bottom of the mountains and just want to keep going up and down.

Couldn't get over how nice the weather was and what cool people I get to ride with. I really mean it! We have a great group of people on this forum. Like David said before , "Life is Good!"

Also big thanks to John (CaliRider) for setting a great pace for us and leading up and down the mountains.

live2ride600

Younger Member :)
Reaction score
Visit site
I always seem to check the site right after you guys go!!! I wish I coulda gone with you guys but I did a south county SD ride...Well hope to be able to join you guys soon.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
On the way back:

4198675792_9151f49d5c_b.jpg

4197922173_be4e4919e4_b.jpg

Hi, there.
I wonder how many miles would last with these tires, if using for the long touring ride???
Whewrewewe.... my Road Pilot 2 (?? not sure brand name) will never help me at the cornners... ha ha ha
So, I would like to try it last tire changes if it will last at least 15000 miles.
Mine went almost 15000 miles and still half treads left.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap David, those track days are seriously paying off!! Those tires are seriously shredded up to the shoulders! Glad you all made it back safely and had a good time. Now for me to heal up so I can show you what the triumph is best known for... amazing cornering:thumbup: We still need to trade up sometime David, I wanna ride the Beast soon.

Yeah I am feeling good on the Buell. I'd like to try the Triumph in some twisty bits as well :BLAA:

Cliff and I rode for a while longer and had lunch at the bottom of the mountain in Borrego then took a nice ride home. Thanks Cliff! That stretch on San Felipe Rd. was the fastest I've ever gone on my bike. Holy $H!t! :BLAA:

Then we saw BryanDH shoot by us and Bryan and I rode Montezuma down to Borrego Springs for a bite

Did you guys eat at Carlie's? the dude we passed on the red Buell XB12S mentioned (on another forum) he saw a couple of guys on FZ6s at that place...

Great to ride with you again Cliff... and good to see you Bryan :)