Sat. Mod Fest in Dover, NH @ the Busted Knuckle Garage

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want to hijack the thread so maybe I should post elsewhere about suggestions for roads to ride while I'm in NH?

Only mods on my bike are Scorpion exhaust and aftermarket directionals done by previous owner - and I got frame sliders. I would like to get a fender eliminator and maybe try shaving the seat.

If you want to come over, I have a stock seat that I had already started shaving. It is something you could try out and shave more off THAT one first. If you like it, I'll give you a really sweet bargain basement deal on it. The pan and cover are in excellent shape.

No worries on a hijack here. Most of the great roads are in the western part of the state or up above Lake Win. Those same roads continue into VT.

So a track day at Loudon? Sweet!!!

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I still owe a pic to the forum of me ON the bike in full gear while on the hoist.... That *could* happen Saturday! :D

I'll bring my camera ;)

I don't want to hijack the thread so maybe I should post elsewhere about suggestions for roads to ride while I'm in NH?

Maybe I'll push for Rob to get my bike back together and we can head out for a ladies ride one of those days :)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Only mods on my bike are Scorpion exhaust and aftermarket directionals done by previous owner - and I got frame sliders. I would like to get a fender eliminator and maybe try shaving the seat.

Did the previous owner do the mod for dual headlights? That is an easy one, even easier if you order BD43's wire loom which is plug and play.

If you have time on your trip, my wife and I would love to meet up with you and we know Rob and Keira feel the same.

Let us know your plans. My wife and I both have July 3rd off so Friday is wide open for a meet. Rob and Keira? Do you have that day off (with a sitter) Maybe we could do a covered bridge tour again?

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to come over, I have a stock seat that I had already started shaving. It is something you could try out and shave more off THAT one first. If you like it, I'll give you a really sweet bargain basement deal on it. The pan and cover are in excellent shape.

No worries on a hijack here. Most of the great roads are in the western part of the state or up above Lake Win. Those same roads continue into VT.

So a track day at Loudon? Sweet!!!

Thanks Rob, I will definitely take you up on that offer of trying out the seat. It would be nice to have my feet a little closer to the ground without upsetting the suspension on the bike.

I am open to suggestions about roads to ride! I have no idea what is up there and have been too worried about getting my bike/gear in shape to really look at maps.

Yeah, I am psyched about track day :)

Maybe I'll push for Rob to get my bike back together and we can head out for a ladies ride one of those days :)

That would be awesome Kiera! :thumbup:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Did the previous owner do the mod for dual headlights? That is an easy one, even easier if you order BD43's wire loom which is plug and play.

If you have time on your trip, my wife and I would love to meet up with you and we know Rob and Keira feel the same.

Let us know your plans. My wife and I both have July 3rd off so Friday is wide open for a meet. Rob and Keira? Do you have that day off (with a sitter) Maybe we could do a covered bridge tour again?

No, haven't done the headlight mod yet - it all looks like Greek to me!

I would love to meet up with you and your wife - and a covered bridge tour sounds great as well.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site

eric, we are going to be meeting up for dinner and track prep on the first, if you care to join us for that. somewhere in concord to be determined, and then prep at the red roof.

don't have any word on a sitter at this point, but rob does have the third off (i do as well, but thats kind of a given, haha). i was thinking a ladies' ride, since i could probably con rob into spending some time with his munchkin, but we could probably see if one of the grandmothers would look after her for the day. i certainly would do another covered bridge ride....we'd have to be careful around the lakes with traffic though, big touristy weekend up in those parts.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Rob, I will definitely take you up on that offer of trying out the seat. It would be nice to have my feet a little closer to the ground without upsetting the suspension on the bike.

;) I'm Eric. Rob is Reiobard, Keira's husband. No worries, we're all new to you!

Thus far, the seat has been knocked down quite a bit in the seat area and dished out a bit so it doesn't feel like you're balancing on a beam with your butt. I also shaved the ridges and depth on the sides so the thighs are more relaxed but also so when your feet are down, your legs are closer together. I had already bought various density foams to add to places and a very soft compressible foam to cover it all that would make the seat retain it's original shape and not look modded. But when you sit on it, it would compress to the new shaved shape.

The cover is still not stapled and we can shave more foam to your liking. The only thing I do not have is the rubber bumpers for it. Those went with the TS seat and the trade-in. However, for testing purposes, I have some rigid foam that I can make bumpers out of and use double sided tape to hold them in place. If this seat becomes something to your liking, then we'd pop your stock bumpers on and you're all set!

At that point, if you are happy with it, I'd give you two options. A sweet price to take it or an even swap for your stock seat and no money. How's that for a deal? ;)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
eric, we are going to be meeting up for dinner and track prep on the first, if you care to join us for that. somewhere in concord to be determined, and then prep at the red roof.

don't have any word on a sitter at this point, but rob does have the third off (i do as well, but thats kind of a given, haha). i was thinking a ladies' ride, since i could probably con rob into spending some time with his munchkin, but we could probably see if one of the grandmothers would look after her for the day. i certainly would do another covered bridge ride....we'd have to be careful around the lakes with traffic though, big touristy weekend up in those parts.

I wish I worked an earlier shift (9 - 6) because by the time I got out there, the dinner and prep is about over. :( Thanks though!

As for the ladies ride.... Mich and I could come out and I can send her with you and I can stay with Rob and we can teach Cadence all about the mechanics of bikes!?!? ;)

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I worked an earlier shift (9 - 6) because by the time I got out there, the dinner and prep is about over. :( Thanks though!

As for the ladies ride.... Mich and I could come out and I can send her with you and I can stay with Rob and we can teach Cadence all about the mechanics of bikes!?!? ;)

That is certainly an option! dinner would not be until close to 7, as rob gets out at 530 and wont make it up til around 630 or so....up to you :Flash:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
;) I'm Eric. Rob is Reiobard, Keira's husband. No worries, we're all new to you!

I did know that Eric - Sorry! :spank: I wasn't paying attention.

That sounds like a sweet deal on the seat - Thanks! I will think about whether I want to keep the stock seat or not - it's something to consider if I ever want to sell the bike but at this point that isn't looking likely. I will let you know if I can come up on Saturday for the Mod Fest but if not July is an option.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did know that Eric - Sorry! :spank: I wasn't paying attention.

That sounds like a sweet deal on the seat - Thanks! I will think about whether I want to keep the stock seat or not - it's something to consider if I ever want to sell the bike but at this point that isn't looking likely. I will let you know if I can come up on Saturday for the Mod Fest but if not July is an option.

No hurry... I'm not advertising it for sale and it is now offered to you first. Michele is tied up with classes on nights and weekends so it's tough to get her out for riding. We have no real plans for the summer (for once) so any weekend in the next couple months is just fine.

Hope we can meet you and send you Ladies off on a ride. I'll speak to Michele about it tonight.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So are you guys doing this rain or shine?

As far as I know... no plans otherwise from Rob so I'm assuming he will be here regardless of the weather. As for Eric, unknown if weather will keep him away. Rain or not, the grill will be searing animal flesh. :D

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as I know... no plans otherwise from Rob so I'm assuming he will be here regardless of the weather. As for Eric, unknown if weather will keep him away. Rain or not, the grill will be searing animal flesh. :D

mmmm, animal flesh.... yes, we are planning on being there rain or shine. that's what a garage is for, right?

BigJoeG

Reaction score
Visit site
Sadly, I will not be able to make it this Saturday. My daughter graduates from high school on Friday night and we are having a party for her Saturday. Yeah I know, family vs. motorcycles.

If the group would like, I purchased a Morgan Carb Tune a few months back. While I am not interested on splitting it with anyone, the group if welcome to borrow it for Saturday as long as someone stops by to pick it up. My guess is that Rob is the closest.

Send me a PM to make arrangements if interested.

Hope to meet up for a NH ride later in the season if this rain ever stops.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I downloaded the service and owners manuals to my laptop that i will bring so we can look up torque specs and such.

anything else i should plan on bringing? Grease for the steering head bearings?

I got my Balls handed to me at the dealership today.... in a good way of course... All Balls!!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think we are all set. I'm going to get the howto's from the other site and give them one more look. I do have bearing grease here. Bring an empty belly, ok? :D