Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There was no fun that day... ALL hard work! Whew! :scared: :liar: :Flash:

Can't wait for another hard day's work! :rockon:

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
It does change the geometry of the bike but i like it better that way, I am actually going to probably lower the front a bit more as i have always felt the front end to be a bit too high on the FZ6, almost like riding a dirt bike. I find myself wanting to lean back in agressive turns so dropping the front will shift a bit more weight to the front and give me a more neutral feel.

And how does the bike feel now since dropping the front a bit. I guess it's more nervous? I feel in certain (sharp fast ) turns the bike want's to come up instead of keeping in the turn and I really have to work the bitch ... maybe this could help.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a decent description of what this does: Raising Motorcycle Fork Tubes - webBikeWorld

You can easily over do it and end up with an ill handling bike in a straight line... typically resulting in tank slappers. Be careful and use small adjustments should you choose this path. Don't take this adjustment lightly please!

With Rob, we didn't make a huge adjustment and he still has a few more safe MM to raise the forks.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They totally had way too much fun tearing down those bikes. Are any of you engineers cause all my engineer buddies cannot resist taking stuff apart:thumbup:

Nope, just feeling the need to see what makes these things tick. :D I'm a Server/Storage Engineer but the geek side just doesn't apply. :Flash:

Can we experiment on your bike next weekend? :thumbup:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like you guys had lots of fun - I am so jealous. Hopefully I can join you for the next modfest - I pm'd Daryl regarding the wiring harness for the dual headlight modification ;) I could help out - you know - like hand you tools, clean things, cook, LOL.

Cadence is so cute! I can't wait to meet all of you in less than two weeks now!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like you guys had lots of fun - I am so jealous. Hopefully I can join you for the next modfest - I pm'd Daryl regarding the wiring harness for the dual headlight modification ;) I could help out - you know - like hand you tools, clean things, cook, LOL.

Cadence is so cute! I can't wait to meet all of you in less than two weeks now!

What we try to encourage here is getting the owner to delve in and do their own work. We're there for guidance, questions and to hand you tools. I may take you up on the cooking though! :D

That would be awesome to get the loom from Daryl. Maybe ask Jody if he wants one and get two shipped (cheaper)?

We're looking forward to meeting you and riding. I hope the weather cooperates. We've not had a "summer" yet here!

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I would probably bring a friend who does the work on my bike if he's game. I do want to learn but am definitely mechanically challeged - though once I'm shown what to do I can usually do it myself. However I'm a visual learner as my friend has found out - I drive him nuts cause he tries to explain things and I finally get frustrated too and say "just show me!". I'm so bad that I couldn't even get the tire pressure gauge on straight until I was shown :( I hate feeling like an idiot.

Actually my friend John may come to track day with me to observe and take pics - he got laid off a few weeks ago so he certainly has the time. If he does maybe he can ask you guys any questions he has about the dual headlight mod.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck, if you have it with you, we can do it in about 20 minutes or less. :D

BTW, I am envious of the track day. Mine is a long way off at this point. I hope you have a great and safe experience there!!

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, just feeling the need to see what makes these things tick. :D I'm a Server/Storage Engineer but the geek side just doesn't apply. :Flash:

Can we experiment on your bike next weekend? :thumbup:
If you wanna come out to California and experiment I am all for it. I love trying to figure this stuff out:rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
after riding the bike nto work this morning (i get to ride in on some nice curvy roads) i would ike to further endorse this mod! The mod is worth twice as much time effort and money, but i am glad that i did not have to spend that much.

The bike is nice settled and smooth and holds the corners like a much higher end bike!

I love it!!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This makes me wonder... if I'd done the mod to my bike before going to the Dragon, would I have traded it after getting back? Hmmm.....

Glad you like it and it's working out for you Rob! One thing we did not do? Measure your sag after the shakedown run.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This makes me wonder... if I'd done the mod to my bike before going to the Dragon, would I have traded it after getting back? Hmmm.....

Glad you like it and it's working out for you Rob! One thing we did not do? Measure your sag after the shakedown run.

Easy enough to do later on :)

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rob you could use the "zip tie" method for a rough read of the sag, are you still thinking to drop a few more mm's ?? Just curious, Eric

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rob you could use the "zip tie" method for a rough read of the sag, are you still thinking to drop a few more mm's ?? Just curious, Eric

We should get him in the 30mm to 35mm sag range first and that may mean cutting the spacers down some more. Once there, I'd recommend playing more with the triples on the forks. :thumbup:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We should get him in the 30mm to 35mm sag range first and that may mean cutting the spacers down some more. Once there, I'd recommend playing more with the triples on the forks. :thumbup:

Agreed, the cut that was made was based on the sag of the stock springs/oil, so I would presume an adjustment of the triples may be needed after an accurate measurement of the "new sag"... Then again I be could all wrong:ban:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But, changing the tubes in the triples isn't going to have a whole lot of effect on sag, is it? That can only be changed by cutting the spacers (or adding washers) so it should be measured all over again.

You know who can tell us more? Nate.... Nate!!!! Where are you!?!?