San Diego riders....report!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As usual Goop and I are continuing to do our rides and we had a great day of weather and road conditions! We rode Old Julian Hwy, Montezuma Valley Rd. and Banner Grade. Stopped in Julian at the Rong Branch for lunch. and continued home. We did run into traffic on one road returning home and had to turn around per other rider's recommendation by hand signalling to us. Guess there was an accident or something.

Thanks Bryan for the great ride and friendship today!.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As usual Goop and I are continuing to do our rides and we had a great day of weather and road conditions! We rode Old Julian Hwy, Montezuma Valley Rd. and Banner Grade. Stopped in Julian at the Rong Branch for lunch. and continued home. We did run into traffic on one road returning home and had to turn around per other rider's recommendation by hand signalling to us. Guess there was an accident or something.

Thanks Bryan for the great ride and friendship today!.

It's amazing the temperature difference from the top of Montezuma to the bottom...73° F to 100° F :D Great ride yes! When I got home I continued painting the baby's room, then cleaned the bug carnage off the bike. I had some oil weeping from the sump/sump gasket. The bolts were a little loose and I snugged them up. Hopefully that takes care of that.

Now I'm pooped.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are really lucky, not only to have so many great, diverse places to ride but so many pals to ride them with. :thumbup:
But, ermmm...pics? :BLAA: :D

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds better then my riding experience today. NONE lol.

Took the gf to the store to get pants and boots and got in a huge argument because she doesnt like the way any of the pants or boot fit......

So leaving pissed off we ended up with BiLT pants and boots on order expected to get here on wed. I understand girls have issues with looks but its just riding gear shesh :spank:

Anyways we are riding tomorrow any and everywhere just to do it.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are really lucky, not only to have so many great, diverse places to ride but so many pals to ride them with. :thumbup:

We just rode and rode....no pics this time! :BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah sorry,no pics. My Lisa had the camera today and we really didn't do much stopping at all. Just an awesome day riding.

Had one incident with a large group of riders coming down Banner grade and one poor sucka stood up out of his turn and came in my lane head on. :eek: We went around each other just fine. :thumbup: It happens.
Obviously no leadership with this tight group (to close together) and I'm thinking there were at least ten riders.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Lisa and I found a nice little twisty road going up to poway along side the 67. There are a bunch of 20-35mph little twisties. Some with blind corners...... But almost no traffic on them so we are probably going to ride these for awhile and get comfortable with the little lean :rockon:

No idea where we were going we just kept going until the road turned to almost dirt then we decided time to turn around :eek:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lisa and I found a nice little twisty road going up to poway along side the 67. There are a bunch of 20-35mph little twisties. Some with blind corners...... But almost no traffic on them so we are probably going to ride these for awhile and get comfortable with the little lean :rockon:

No idea where we were going we just kept going until the road turned to almost dirt then we decided time to turn around :eek:

Hmm...which road is this?

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What up hooooon's, sorry I haven't been around much this summer. Work has got me locked down. Weekend rides are tough to make.

I can ride durning the week if anyone wants to ride. Just let me know a few days in advance so I schedule a day off.

I look forward to meeting all the new SDHooooooons

Ride safe
Dave

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm...which road is this?

I'm wondering if you were on Wildcat Canyon Road. I don't remember it turning to dirt though.

What up hooooon's, sorry I haven't been around much this summer. Work has got me locked down. Weekend rides are tough to make.

I can ride durning the week if anyone wants to ride. Just let me know a few days in advance so I schedule a day off.

Ride safe
Dave

Arrrhhh! We just rode yesterday! I always forget what everyone's scheds are!

We met up with Officer Peterson yesterday! http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-pacific/39777-ride-today-officer-j-peterson.html

Sun Diego FZ6

rides on!
Reaction score
Visit site

Ride safe
Dave
Hey bud. We might just have to take you up on riding during the week. That's when I do most of my riding anyhow!

Riding with Cliff is :rockon:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
We did this route:

We did CarltonOaks > Mast > Cuyamaca > El Nopal > Riverford > Riverside > Vista Camino > Valle Vista > Posthill (this is the one that took us to the 67 and we turned around and went further up Valle Vista)

rain city

Reaction score
Visit site
Just pm me and we can set something up.
Cliff has my # so maybe we can all meet up soon.

Hey whats up guys. I'm fairly new to San Diego, moved from Seattle a few months ago. I'm interested in meeting up with FZ6 riders and covering some ground in this beautiful area.

I've created a Facebook group which makes it easier to set up rides and keep in contact than it is on the forum.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229397890446497/

Here's a recent pic taken at Starvation Mountain near Ramona...

photo-107.jpg

Hope this finds you well and looking forward to meeting some of you.

-Paul

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey whats up guys. I'm fairly new to San Diego, moved from Seattle a few months ago. I'm interested in meeting up with FZ6 riders and covering some ground in this beautiful area.

I've created a Facebook group which makes it easier to set up rides and keep in contact than it is on the forum.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229397890446497/

Here's a recent pic taken at Starvation Mountain near Ramona...

photo-107.jpg

Hope this finds you well and looking forward to meeting some of you.

-Paul

Hey Paul!
:welcome:to beautiful SD!

Smokenu and I are riding Fri. So far just us. Don't know your schedule but let us know open days you have and we'll try to do some rides.

rain city

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool thanks for the invite I'm generally a 9-5er with boring M-F hours. Like I said I'm down for Saturday/Sun morning rides, my woman often rides passenger so I'm not a speed demon more casual rider.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool thanks for the invite I'm generally a 9-5er with boring M-F hours. Like I said I'm down for Saturday/Sun morning rides, my woman often rides passenger so I'm not a speed demon more casual rider.

Not a problem. I seem to be one of the official SD Motorcycle tour guides and I'm sure we'll meet up

lowell

Nothing in moderation.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello SD riders,
First post. Just signed up on the forum. I'm down in Chula Vista. I'm on the hunt for my first fz6. I'm looking for a 07 or 08 with low mileage. I'll report back here when I'm all geared up and ready to rumble. Looking forward to riding with you all.

Lowell

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello SD riders,
First post. Just signed up on the forum. I'm down in Chula Vista. I'm on the hunt for my first fz6. I'm looking for a 07 or 08 with low mileage. I'll report back here when I'm all geared up and ready to rumble. Looking forward to riding with you all.

Lowell

What's up Lowell?!
:welcome:to this great forum!

Cliff here. I'm in Mira Mesa. Keep and eye out for rides on the forum. We post local rides often enough.