San Diego riders....report!!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed a few new folks from San Diego on the forum. I wanted to get all San Diego riders who are active on the forum to check in.

We should organize and get out for a ride sometime! :thumbup: Motogiro and I have been holding down the fort in San Diego and know that there are more out there! I see FZ6's all of the time on the roads.

REPORT! :BLAA:

cknatz

Reaction score
Visit site
I am still around goop! I had a baby 10 months ago so have been at home with the family alot but still ride a few times a week. Congrats to you and your wife by the way. You too are very blessed. You will love being a dad!

Nice bike by the way...looks sick! Can wait to see it up close or ride it maybe? :rolleyes:

I am down to meet up for a SD ride sometime. Nothing to crazy though guys.. :D

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
New rider reporting in!!!!. My gf and i just met motogiro today, he did his awesome dual headlight mod on my fz6 :thumbup:

My gf and i are down to ride. We only have permits though so we are limited to side streets only for the time being. And slowwwwww twisties hahaha

Anyways looking forward to meeting everyone :BLAA:

smiley

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I'm checkin in from san diego, I live in point loma. I'm a new rider so I only have my permit still but I hope to get my license soon. Look forward to riding with you guys!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course you know I'm check in! I was just talking to Chomorro (Phillip) and Lisa yesterday about riding some of our great back roads.

My idea since many are newer to riding is to not do Palomar's South Grade on a weekend because of fast movers. East grade might be cool though. I would like to get the newer riders out because it will always add to saddle time experience and hopefully help develop good habits. Confidence is always good to develop and the more you ride the more your confidence will build. It's always fun hanging out and discussing technique and experience with all riders.

Goop,
Set up a date so we can all aim at a get together and ride.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course you know I'm check in! I was just talking to Chomorro (Phillip) and Lisa yesterday about riding some of our great back roads.

My idea since many are newer to riding is to not do Palomar's South Grade on a weekend because of fast movers. East grade might be cool though. I would like to get the newer riders out because it will always add to saddle time experience and hopefully help develop good habits. Confidence is always good to develop and the more you ride the more your confidence will build. It's always fun hanging out and discussing technique and experience with all riders.

Goop,
Set up a date so we can all aim at a get together and ride.

I agree...Palomar is not the best place to start out. **** it still scares me sometimes ;) Montezuma would be fun. I'll come up with something.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
So while we are on the subject of a group ride.

What communication stuff are you guys using??

My gf and i were going to get the chatter box x1 but because of price and size we were leaning more towards the scala rider blue tooth dual kit.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So while we are on the subject of a group ride.

What communication stuff are you guys using??

My gf and i were going to get the chatter box x1 but because of price and size we were leaning more towards the scala rider blue tooth dual kit.

I use smoke signals, but Cliff has the Chatterbox GMRS X1 Bluetooth. ;)

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am still around goop! I had a baby 10 months ago so have been at home with the family alot but still ride a few times a week. Congrats to you and your wife by the way. You too are very blessed. You will love being a dad!

Nice bike by the way...looks sick! Can wait to see it up close or ride it maybe? :rolleyes:

I am down to meet up for a SD ride sometime. Nothing to crazy though guys.. :D

thanks man! We gotta get together for a ride soon.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I might stick to smoke signals until funds permit lol. I want to get my gf a set of boots and maybe pants asap.

I found a few more riders for our cruise. A cbr600rr brand new rider and an experienced sport tourer :). Hopefully we can get this going on a sunday or something.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Bryan,
San here, I live in "San"Carlos. Can I be an honorary San Diego hooligan? :BLAA: :D
Great seeing you on the NorCal/SoCal ride. :thumbup:

John!
You're officially an Honorary San Diegan!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my 5th bike - an 06 FZ6. I live in point loma, good to know theres lots of other riders around here. group ride would be cool

:welcome:to the forum Ben! Congrats on the new bike!

We'll probably try to get in a ride this weekend. Saturday will probably be the day. It will be a first time on some of these roads for some of the riders so I'd like to keep a slower pace. We may also have my neighbor (Doc) who has a cruiser riding with us. If we do ride these areas make it a point to bring water with you for hydration because stores are far and few.

It seams the SD group is rapidly growing! :BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I might stick to smoke signals until funds permit lol. I want to get my gf a set of boots and maybe pants asap.

I found a few more riders for our cruise. A cbr600rr brand new rider and an experienced sport tourer :). Hopefully we can get this going on a sunday or something.

Get her boots and pants. Don't care if you have to get a loan! She can't ride in jeans.....
I mean now son!

Love,
Dad