San Diego riders....report!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! May be out of context but I just got back from a week long road trip to your corner of Cali. I came in on Hwy 94 and it was a spectacular ride! It was fun trying to find my way around the city and I loved hanging by the water. Didnt love the cold fog that rolled in the other day tho, very interesting!

You should give us a yell! Glad you enjoyed it and the next time your back this way say hello and maybe we can get some fun rides in!. :D

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
You should give us a yell! Glad you enjoyed it and the next time your back this way say hello and maybe we can get some fun rides in!. :D

Ill be back for sure, it was way too nice not to come back! But remember I am a grandpa rider, not sure if I can keep up with you guys in the twistys. Hahahaha!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ill be back for sure, it was way too nice not to come back! But remember I am a grandpa rider, not sure if I can keep up with you guys in the twistys. Hahahaha!

We ride at everyone's pace. We're not about how fast you ride. We're about how safe you ride and how much you enjoy yourself :rockon:

So what are your favorite rides in san diego? I could always use some ideas, i found myself with an influx of time this weekend so i put on a new chain and sprockets, new brake pads and fluid. Bike runs like a dream, reminded me that i need to get more recreational riding in.

Any ideas? I live in point loma so keep that in mind.

We always seem to hit Montezuma Valley Rd. Banner Grade, Old Julian Hwy. and there are many others.

I'm in Mira/Sorrento Mesa area. :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay Jblk9695 (Jerry) and I are meeting for a ride this Thurs. I will be meeting him at 10 AM at rte 79 and San Fillipe Rd.

So Calling all hoons Calling all hoons! :BLAA:

If you have to work and can't get off, watch the movie, The Great Santini and learn how to use a can of veggi beef soup and do the old throw up trick in a waste basket to get out and ride with us! :BLAA:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
If you have to work and can't get off, watch the movie, The Great Santini and learn how to use a can of veggi beef soup and do the old throw up trick in a waste basket to get out and ride with us! :BLAA:

solid reference, cliff...:thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5betKv46GB4]The Great Santini - the soup incident - YouTube[/ame]

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Going for a ride tomorrow just around town with some friends nothing crazy. Meeting at 1030 if anyone is interested :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Going for a ride tomorrow just around town with some friends nothing crazy. Meeting at 1030 if anyone is interested :)

Whaaaaa! I'm in recuperation mode so won't be out for a spell....Really wanna ride!!!! If you're nearby give me a call and stop over!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Whaaaaa! I'm in recuperation mode so won't be out for a spell....Really wanna ride!!!! If you're nearby give me a call and stop over!
I do want to stop over cliff, but i might be with 8-10 bikes lol. You sure you want that many bikes coming over?? :rockon: I will tell them once your better you will be our tour guide on a REAL ride :). Im going to see if any of them want to ride to that Car Museum/Nursery off the 94

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What's a matter with ya, the creeping crud:BLAA:
Hope you get well soon:thumbup:

Jerry

LMAO! More like the creeping internal dissection of the carotid artery. I opted for the surgical procedure which is a little more painful and extended as far as recovery time. They think it may have been from previous physical damage because they say I have good blood flow all over. The right side took over the extra duty but now I have both routes open. Sucks because they say 6 weeks before I'm completely healed.
They did the operation on Monday. The doctor was funny! He told my wife, "Your husband has a neck like a bull" LOL!

Dr. made the artery larger by adding a patch that's made from bovine or maybe a pork rind! It's swollen but healing very quickly. It was an overnight stay in ICU and I've only taken Tylenol once on the next day I came home.

I miss riding with my friends! :( I think I'll pull my battery and put it on a tender tomorrow.....:D

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO! More like the creeping internal dissection of the carotid artery. I opted for the surgical procedure which is a little more painful and extended as far as recovery time. They think it may have been from previous physical damage because they say I have good blood flow all over. The right side took over the extra duty but now I have both routes open. Sucks because they say 6 weeks before I'm completely healed.
They did the operation on Monday. The doctor was funny! He told my wife, "Your husband has a neck like a bull" LOL!

Dr. made the artery larger by adding a patch that's made from bovine or maybe a pork rind! It's swollen but healing very quickly. It was an overnight stay in ICU and I've only taken Tylenol once on the next day I came home.

I miss riding with my friends! :( I think I'll pull my battery and put it on a tender tomorrow.....:D

holy smokes!
sounds serious.
glad you're ok.

and, since you're a scifi movie buff, here's a gem i found off the internet:

medium_miamidroid.jpg

Coupe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.
Just recently got a 2006 FZ6 and joined this forum. I also live in San Diego (Mira Mesa area.) I hope to see you all around. I'm down for a ride if anyone wants to go.

-Mike

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com

Glad you came through in good shape and as ornery as ever.:thumbup:
Been there, done that. In 06 I had a Carotid endarterectomy, Dr called it by-pass surgery because he had to by-pass the clogged area to allow him to roto root it so the blood could flow again. So far so good as I've been functioning as normal as is possible for me:BLAA:
So just follow the Doc's orders and you should be good to go.:D:thumbup:
Let me know when your up for a ride.

Jerry

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.
Just recently got a 2006 FZ6 and joined this forum. I also live in San Diego (Mira Mesa area.) I hope to see you all around. I'm down for a ride if anyone wants to go.

-Mike
Im glad your ok Cliff :thumbup: Cant wait for your to get back on your bike and riding again.

Mike we are meeting at the k sandwich in kearny mesa at 10:30 am today (most likely 11am) I wont be online but if you show up just look for the brown guy with the dark blue sv hahaha

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

-Mike

:welcome:to the forum Coupe!
I'm also in MM!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you came through in good shape and as ornery as ever.:thumbup:
Been there, done that. In 06 I had a Carotid endarterectomy, Dr called it by-pass surgery because he had to by-pass the clogged area to allow him to roto root it so the blood could flow again. So far so good as I've been functioning as normal as is possible for me:BLAA:
So just follow the Doc's orders and you should be good to go.:D:thumbup:
Let me know when your up for a ride.
Jerry
That's what they did. I think they call that a ravid shunt. They shunt the artery, open and clean, sew on a pork rind and pull the shunt. I don't think it's my imagination but it seems like my sense of smell is more acute now....I have to go take a shower! :rolleyes:

Im glad your ok Cliff :thumbup: Cant wait for your to get back on your bike and riding again.

Mike we are meeting at the k sandwich in kearny mesa at 10:30 am today (most likely 11am) I wont be online but if you show up just look for the brown guy with the dark blue sv hahaha

I'll be back before you know it! You all have a great ride today! Hope it clears up cuz it's overcast in MM now.
Later my Home Biscuits!