San Diego riders....report!!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Get her boots and pants. Don't care if you have to get a loan! She can't ride in jeans.....
I mean now son!

Love,
Dad

LOL its getting done!!! I wont be able to make the this sat cruise because im djing a wedding. But no worries, i should be able to make the next one :thumbup:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yea and it was fun telling her that she needs to wear proper gear and later that day a girl in a skirt and heels pulls up next to us on a tricked out r1.....

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Motogiro, i'm still riding in jeans mein! :ban:

I cant make this weekend sorry guys.

The advantage of the riding pant isn't just the material it's also the armor. I've been down twice once at 60 MPH. Even with armor and leathers the side of my buttock was 12 x 8 inches purple. I broke three ribs clean. I'm going to tell you it does hurts. I don't believe in using pain killers if I don't have to.

It's really not the speed with regard to impact. I think jeans are gone in like 4 ft. So after the denim it's all you.:eek:

Not worth it.

Go get your pants! Now son! Way cheaper that the alternative.
Love,
Dad!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Click onto this link below and watch this video and I guarantee that you won't be riding in jeans for long. Scars are forever! Yes, you can get away with riding in ordinary jeans in your driveway or a parking lot, but once you hit the streets, it changes everything.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/37522-rock-gear-skinned-alive.html

I bought mesh pants with knee armor and foam side protection. They dont feel like more protection because they are so much lighter then jeans, but the guy assured me it is....

cknatz

Reaction score
Visit site
The advantage of the riding pant isn't just the material it's also the armor. I've been down twice once at 60 MPH. Even with armor and leathers the side of my buttock was 12 x 8 inches purple. I broke three ribs clean. I'm going to tell you it does hurts. I don't believe in using pain killers if I don't have to.

It's really not the speed with regard to impact. I think jeans are gone in like 4 ft. So after the denim it's all you.:eek:

Not worth it.

Go get your pants! Now son! Way cheaper that the alternative.
Love,
Dad!

I know,
How about armored jeans? I dont know if im ready for a jump suit like yours just yet :D

Icon Strongarm 2 Pants - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
Shift Racing Torque Jeans - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Any buddy been down with these on? stories?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know,
How about armored jeans? I dont know if im ready for a jump suit like yours just yet :D

Icon Strongarm 2 Pants - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
Shift Racing Torque Jeans - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Any buddy been down with these on? stories?

Better than regular jeans. I have heard of people going through that thin layer of Kevlar or the pants shifting so that the protection areas aren't where they were protecting the rider. If I had the $$ right now I would definitely have a pair that I would use to run down the street to the store.

Don't get me wrong, I've ridden in jeans before I started riding more aggressively on the back road twisties but I started thinking what happens If...? I bought the gear.....It had it's day with me...... My gear rocks!!!! :rockon: For the hot weather out here I upgraded in few years and now have Kevlar (10 times the abrasion resistance of leather) pants that give me all the air and protection I could just about ask for.

You are worth every penny of protection you buy for yourself. Eff the big screen TV You won't enjoy it for the days you'll use it while healing up.

This is part of riding. I know it's not cheap but it's cheaper than the other price you pay. Become a better rider by gearing up.
When you take care of yourself you take care of your friends, family, insurance company and your community resources.

Do it! Just Do it!!!!

picture.php

Last edited:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone want to meet up for lunch or something on sunday. Not really a cruise, i will be riding around but just on the side streets near me lol.

Whos down for lunch? :BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I might be able to get out for a little ride tomorrow, but Sunday is booked for me.

Jim and I were going to hit wildcat canyon rd tomorrow morning. I don't know how long he'll be riding for. I planned to leave around 10am.