Run off the road

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
[QUOTE=aussiejules;156379dubious about riding with you guys with the bullseyes on you.
Jules you Knucklehead, it ins't ANYTHING to do with US, we ALL have bullseyes on us...EVERY BIKER knows this...

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
knucklehead, god been called a accessory to murder on one thread now a knucklehead on another, i dont know which hurts more, damn you all.

Rxticle

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear your ok Mike.

Must have been the day for it though. Had a bus pull out in front of me and turn across my lane at the base of Mt Nebo on Sunday. I locked the rear wheel for a split-second in panic and thought momentarily that I was going to lay the bike down as I swerved, but pulled up in time. Kept looking at the BCC bus driver's face and she didn't wave a sorry or even acknowledge me.

Kind of put a dampener on the ride as my head had a heartbeat for the next 10 minutes.

Hope you get the bike sorted Mike.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You ever got a chance to use your horn?

At most the only reaction a horn would've got if there was time ( and i do use mine all the time) would have been to have this tosser hit the brakes, either destabilizing his car or locking up the brakes with disastrous consequences for me. There was a matter of inches between my right rear indicator and the car, after I swerved and no idea he was coming into my lane until he was on me. I can't even say for sure what sort of car it was (just the colour) the instant was passed so quickly. The fact that I managed to swerve out of the way was entirely due to riding all the time and good reflexes.

But I know what you mean. I do try to use my horn as much as possible:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh Mikey Mikey Mikey i know where your coming from when the cars just keep going :spank: , glad your ok though and happy your gear stood up to the job.....The poster bike sounds in not to bad a state either , you never know you and the boys might happen to be riding up there one day and you'll recognise the car and then you will be able to rant all over his sorry ar$e :D....Your OK though thats the main thing :thumbup:

Three words dude. Bucket of petrol.:thumbup:

I reckon this would provide an awesome learning environment with no distractions once you start waving around the lighter...lol.

Unfortunately I could marry this dudes sister and be driven off in the car and still not be sure. I saw it for around a second in the most distracting way imaginable.:eek:

Cheers
Mike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[..So glad your ok, gear did it's job, those trillions of hours you spend in the saddle probably helped you avoid a much messier fate too.

Sorry to hear of your INCIDENT, but glad our little buddy will live to FIGHT another day...You know I'm in your corner mate

Gear was awesome. Can't say enough about it. I'm a little stiff after 8 hours at work today but I went to work today and had no troubles at all. Gear is good.:thumbup:

Thanks for the well wishing. I'm not going into the hills alone any more without my camera. Was talking to Jamie and it finally got through to me that your riding buddies can go get the idiots number while you're pulling your bike out of the ditch it landed in. They don't have to follow them home and beat carp outta them, just getting the number makes it all good.:thumbup:

If that stupid cheapo tripod hadn't broken off in my camera again, i would've had this idiot on video. Life's cruel like that sometimes:spank::spank:.

Cheers
Mike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Far out mike, what is going on with our group, its making me more and more dubious about riding with you guys with the bullseyes on you. So good to hear your in one piece most definately could have been fatal. Good riding dude, you obviously were the reason you are ok your ability. Stay safe.

It's not just us mate. It's happening to bike riders all the time lately. I'm more of a potential target than most due to the massive amount of riding I do. The law of averages. The sad thing is that same law says it's only a matter of time before I make a mistake of my own and scratch my bike by myself...lol.

You don't hear a tenth of the stuff that happens to me. I've actually had my sleeve hit by the back of a car skidding sideways passed me in my lane after pulling out to overtake right in front of me and panicking and locking it up. An out of control car touched me head-on man:eek:.

I don't talk about that one much as it's the scaredest (I think I just invented a word) I've ever been and it still gives me the willies thinking about it.:eek:

If you come out with us and stay behind the group there's every chance you will not make a mistake of your own as the line and speed for the corner will be shown. It's always easier to follow someone. Of course it's still up to you to not get cleaned up by an idiot.:spank:

Also you'll be happy to know I was wearing the vented Rjays jacket like yours and it felt like flopping onto a mattress. The jacket is fine and so am I.

Of course it was a pretty slow prang....thank gawd.:D
Cheers
Mike

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
Thanks for the well wishing. I'm not going into the hills alone any more without my camera.

Glad to hear you're okay...just a little stiff...from the incident. I agree...there are so many times I've wished I'd had a camera handy to document driver stupidity. Take care; bikes can be fixed, bodies not so easily.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you're ok after such a close call. Given the situation you described, you can always hope that karma kicks in and the next time the offending cager pulls that maneuver he meets a trucker instead of biker.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear your ok Mike.

Must have been the day for it though. Had a bus pull out in front of me and turn across my lane at the base of Mt Nebo on Sunday. I locked the rear wheel for a split-second in panic and thought momentarily that I was going to lay the bike down as I swerved, but pulled up in time. Kept looking at the BCC bus driver's face and she didn't wave a sorry or even acknowledge me.

Kind of put a dampener on the ride as my head had a heartbeat for the next 10 minutes.

Hope you get the bike sorted Mike.

Sheese mate. Glad you're OK. Buses are no joke. They are solid and there is no chance of going over them, and a good chance of going under.

My bar end is back on, and Jamie can have his back. My brake lever is back on also, so I can return that to the FZ6 loan depot....lol....thanks Jamie.:thumbup:

I'll probably pop in and order a cover tomorrow and fix the old one up too. Might need a spare one day. Be nice to be able to rock home and do a quick change over.

Cheers
Mike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you're ok after such a close call. Given the situation you described, you can always hope that karma kicks in and the next time the offending cager pulls that maneuver he meets a trucker instead of biker.

Thanks for that. Funny you should say that. I actually considered selling my house and buying a snow plough and FZ1. I could then go and clear off the road and do a few laps in safety...lol. Or I could put my truck license to good use...lol.

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Far out mike, what is going on with our group, its making me more and more dubious about riding with you guys with the bullseyes on you. So good to hear your in one piece most definately could have been fatal. Good riding dude, you obviously were the reason you are ok your ability. Stay safe.

Have to say, have been thinking of painting a target on my leathers...reverse psychology...if the cagers see the target, they might actualy stop and thinki for a second....i stress, might!

aussiejules;156379dubious about riding with you guys with the bullseyes on you. Jules you Knucklehead said:
]

Have to agree here, we are all moving targets...just read the latest AMCN letters to the editors, this subject is bought up, and once again it gets back to awareness, and attitude...most cagers hate us, because we ride around them, take off from lights way too quick for their liking, and, oh, the media likes to paint us bike riders as evil, as we are any easy target to attack.

knucklehead, god been called a accessory to murder on one thread now a knucklehead on another, i dont know which hurts more, damn you all.

Jules, you should know by now that Matt likes to state his mind, no matter what, and in this case, as in most cases, her is right on the mark...again, we all have targets on us....I have nearly been knocked off 4 times in the last week....anywhere where there are cars, we have to be super careful...

I have ridden nearly 3000km's in the country in the last couple of weeks, with only one incident that really grabbed my attention, but have ridden less than 300km's in the city in the same period, and all 4 incidents happened in this environment....big heads up.riding on populated roads is DANGEROUS, is a reality we all have to deal with, and weigh up whether we are prepared to deal with that danger before we jump on our bikes...i does not matter whether you ride in a group, or ride alone, Motorbnike riding is dangerous...but so is catching a bus, driving a car, walking to the shop, swimming in your pool, etc, etc.

:rockon:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Chill guys all a joke, god im the aus clown, im just damn glad another one of us has lived to tell the tale. I feel no better enjoyment than riding my bike, especially with wolfs cans on it, to try and discourage cagers. And as for matt, yeah yeah. Mike you know what the main jist of that post was, that i thought it was your abilities that saved you.

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
I was caging a few years ago in my 2006 mitsubishi eclipse that I loved, on my way to work, when some jerk in a white truck ran me off the road. I flipped my car several times and totaled it. I didnt get hurt, but I never got a chance to beat the drivers a**. Thats why they dont stop, because unstable people like me will beat them so the cant drive anymore. Ride safe all

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
And as for matt, yeah yeah.

Be careful Jules, my bite is far worse than my bark....remember, SCALPELS....:Flip:

Don't worry, I'll BRING the LOVE, dunno which is scarrier...

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man Ozzie, I'm glad you are okay. I bet you scared the sh*t out of that fence!